CLOSED: Bug report: Issue with uploading new images for deck

Having Trouble using the Playing Card Database? Post it here!

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

EndersGame
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

CLOSED: Bug report: Issue with uploading new images for deck

Unread post by EndersGame »

I tried uploading a couple of new images of cards for a deck I've recently added to Portfolio52.com. The images upload and show up in the thumbnail, but when I click "Save", I get the error message listed below (screenshot).

This error has happened on multiple occasions.
Error message
Error message
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Bug report: Issue with uploading new images for a deck

Unread post by ecNate »

The error has to do with a prevention on 'hacking' via Cross Site Request Forgery and apparently isn't handled well in that situation when a submitter tries to edit a deck after submitting. So while it's a bug I wouldn't plan on it being fixed soon due to minimal funds and that submitters are to FULLY enter a deck submission and await for approval. Plus it seems that the images are added, but the error occurs on the check after. I do not have this issue so it seems isolated to that situation.

I've approved a few of the decks now and other than listing 1867 as the year your submissions were quality so based on that and activity here I upgraded you to contributor (editor). Be sure to follow good guidelines in postings and edits (viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5627). This should also now correct that situation with the error for you going forward. FYI - The issue with the default year being 1867 and no option for leaving blank or unknown has been confirmed as one of the next fixes, for now just use your best guess and list as a comment in the notes that it's not confirmed and just an estimate year.
EndersGame

Thanks for that ecNate. I tried it again and everything seems to work okay now that you've approved the decks and upgraded me to contributor. I'll be careful not to abuse that privilege, and try to contribute positively when I can.

As you say, the issue might have been partly a result of me trying to add images for decks that were just added but not approved. That happened because I'm still figuring out all the features of Porfolio52, and only discovered how to use the image gallery for decks after I had already submitted a couple of new decks. But the problem did seem to be larger than that - I had also tried adding images for the Hong Kong deck (which someone else had already added to the database and was approved), and had the same error. But now that I've been upgraded to contributor, I was successfully able to add images to the gallery for that deck too. So whatever the issue was, it now appears to be resolved.

A few other quick questions:

1. Adding images doesn't give you any points/XP, is that correct?

2. How long do reviews typically take to be approved? I did submit several over the weekend.

3. Is there a bug with this particular deck? http://www.portfolio52.com/deck/3160/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It persists in showing up in my collection, no matter how often I remove it.
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

Well I believe with your prior account status you should not be allowed to add/update/edit current decks at all, only to submit new ones. So if true then it works because you were not allowed to update? :lol: Clearly a bug, but Alex already is chasing quite a few more serious ones with minimal funds.

1. Adding images doesn't give you any points/XP, is that correct?
I don't think Alex has fully worked out the points system yet, nor has he published the current formula that I know of. I know in prior iterations/owners it was intentionally vague to minimize the risk of people gaming the system.

2. How long do reviews typically take to be approved? I did submit several over the weekend.
The page for approving reviews is broken, via a php bug. I had assumed it was not yet implemented, but given I know you and others were submitting them I let Alex know it's a major bug. Hopefully that gets fixed in the next set so those can be approved.

3. Is there a bug with this particular deck? http://www.portfolio52.com/deck/3160/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It persists in showing up in my collection, no matter how often I remove it.
I don't see anything different with that one and I was able to add it to my collection, refreshed and saw the total collection count go up. I then was able to remove it and saw the total collection count go back down. I also don't see it in my collection either. I would suggest trying to add it back and then remove it again. Then try the old log out/back in, clear cache, etc.
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

ecNate wrote: 2. How long do reviews typically take to be approved? I did submit several over the weekend.
The page for approving reviews is broken, via a php bug. I had assumed it was not yet implemented, but given I know you and others were submitting them I let Alex know it's a major bug. Hopefully that gets fixed in the next set so those can be approved.
Alex had the developers make a few critical fixes yesterday, including this one. I've approved all submitted reviews and can now be found on the Review tab for the respective decks.
EndersGame

ecNate wrote:Alex had the developers make a few critical fixes yesterday, including this one. I've approved all submitted reviews and can now be found on the Review tab for the respective decks.
That's terrific! I've just submitted a number of further reviews to Portfolio52. :)
--