GOLDEN OATH playing cards by Lotrek

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
jerichoholic
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Re: GOLDEN OATH playing cards by Lotrek

Unread post by jerichoholic »

It would also be extremely nice if he just finished some projects instead of increasing his workload
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
Bruno
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Bruno »

Said Allan.

victor said -
"I don't think"

Right !

and he certainly should not be ever thinking of speaking for others, now should he ?
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
Calypso

Unread post by Calypso »

I just need to know how much this is gonna set me back. The sooner I get my kidney on the market, the better.
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

Sing us a song mate and I'll send you Sacred .... !?
heheh

sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Bruno wrote:youyouyou.
yes you,
you go buy some patience ....
then .... after holding your silence ....
go buy some more.
that's all I want to hear from you.
this ain't me shutting you down, ok ?
it is me telling you to shut >> yourself << down and wait patiently like the rest of us.
victor has nothing but a sour mind period.
finding fault with others, when imperfection is his only talent.
Hallooo !
Bruno, you really need to stop telling people to shut down, be patient, or anything else when they comment about a designer you happen to support. Lotrek has had delays, and while it's unquestionable that he's handled this much better than others who fall behind in their projects, people have the right to express their impatience and skepticism if that's what they feel without you spouting off on them. We've seen this narrow-minded sycophancy from you with regards to Erik Mana, we don't need to see it again with Lotrek.

And seriously, can any of the mods, or Mike, please please please have a firm conversation with Bruno and Victor? I don't know how many threads have been hijacked by their incessant bickering. It's beyond the point of ridiculous. Please have Bruno PM Victor directly if he can't help himself from insulting Victor, and vice versa so we don't have to keep seeing these pathetic displays of pettiness. I have always been a proponent of freedom of expression on these boards, no matter how unpopular the expression may be, and am against censorship, but enough is enough!

As for Golden Oath, I have to really commend Lotrek for changing up how he produces and sells his playing cards for the benefit of his backers. I think his commitment to working out the kinks with his technically complex projects before he takes our money to ensure that we actually get what is promised in time is a great step in the right direction and should go far to appease some of the people who may be wary of Lotrek due to the delays in some of his past projects. The cards look breath-taking and I wish you the best of luck and a smooth campaign, Lotrek.
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

Deflection.
I laughs at your contempts advocating for your own bias'. :lol:
If only victor could compose as per yer last para, which I entirely agrees with. :D

But, Bruno .... petty ?
Are you sure you want to stay with that err, :? judgment, baby ? ;)

I hear sinjin shifting the goalposts again so saved draft.
ho and hum.

Thedissident001

Unread post by Thedissident001 »

So many conflicted feeling about Lotrek right now.

I am one of the Black Mass backers waiting for a train that may one day come. Took serious exception to the manner it was put back numerous times and ultimately a guarantee issued as to when it would be sent to backers ... Only for that date to come and go without so much as an... Anything really.

But damned if this guy doesn't create some of the most spectacular decks of playing cards I have ever laid eyes on. Each deck of his I own I absolutely adore for its art, quality and execution.

Regardless, my confidence is dented with respect to his guarantees/promises - I simply don't trust what he says (and I frankly don't understand how anyone could given recent events).

I would need to see a photo with a room full of pre-packaged playing cards before I'd even contemplate handing money over in blind faith.
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

Seriously.
I comprehend.
I have this image of Lotrek head down hard at work .... too busy to post responses to every query or question ....
If you think that man is not working for your better interests, by all means, do not part with your unequal response.
Buy aftermarket. :lol: :lol: :lol:
But sersly, the bloke puts himself through the ringer for his Art, and ultimately, Us.
Take a deep breath folks !
Enjoy th'suspense !

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Point well made, John.

Bruno, please twit yourself this time. We have heard Enough!

Victor, don't take this as a point for your side, you both need to quit the petty and at this point repetitive and frankly boring bickering.

Let's stay in topic and out of each other's crap, literally.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

So I was waitting for Lotrek's email to check how this one was going to be, an already finished and ready to ship deck or another it's ready but some serious shit can happen.
After reading his email and checking all the photos, I must say, I'm not sure if I will give him more of my money for a deck that for sure it's far from being ready to ship. The main reason I say this is because you haven't seen the deck yet, all Lotrek has shown are uncut sheets, we know that cutting these sheets may cause some serious hard problems, and also, Lotrek says the cards will have Air-pocket finish on the faces, from the photos I'm sure the finish isn't applayed yet, and here is my main concern... This could result in catastrophic results (as we have seen in recent past), so until I see a full deck of 54 cards packed and ready to ship, I'm not sure I will put my money once again upfront for Lotrek.

Also as jerichoholic pointed, going to KS with an already existing product, already marketed is against their rules... I'm sure that most of us will not pull the trigger on the report button, but there are a lot of envious people out there...
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

It nay be best if Lotrek sells his decks that are already made because they'll sell out anyway. He may not need Kickstarter. I don't know the sales for when he released Icons Signature, for example but if they were sold out then he won't have a problem with future decks.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
pablo19

Unread post by pablo19 »

I have no issue with the delays. Lotrek sends pictures of the cards and lets us know about any production hickups. Frankly I'm more concerned about cost, these look like they are going to be very expensive and so owning Lotrek collections is becoming harder and harder on the budget. That said, I can't wait for the hyeronimus deck do come out...
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

So, I'll post the question asking for clarification, meaning no disrespect at all: Lotrek, the cards are already printed (well, not printed... foiled?), but are they already varnished? Has the final cut been applied? Are the decks already assembled? Have they been put into their tuck boxes?

I'm less worried about tuck boxes holding up the process, but I know that the different stages of cutting have led to you having to scrap runs in the past, as have varnishing issues.

Just checking!

I remain one of your biggest supporters, but answers to these questions might allay some potential buyers/backers concerns. :-)
This space intentionally left blank.
JacksandJokers
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by JacksandJokers »

pablo19 wrote:I have no issue with the delays. Lotrek sends pictures of the cards and lets us know about any production hickups. Frankly I'm more concerned about cost.
A heads up on the cost would definitely be appreciated. Wouldn't want to have a heart attack before I press the 'buy' key :lol:
4.of.Clubs

Unread post by 4.of.Clubs »

I really do agree that the other projects should be delivered first before another deck is sold... I'm waiting on 10 decks to come...

Grotesk Macabre BLACK MASS GOLD
Grotesk Macabre BLACK MASS SILVER
Grotesk Macabre BLACK GOLD
Grotesk Macabre BLACK SILVER
Grotesk Macabre BRONZE
Grotesk Macabre INFERNO
LITURGY GREEN
LITURGY GREEN Misaligned
LITURGY RED
LITURGY RED Misaligned
----------> Check out the decks I have for sale! <----------
----------> Also check out my Trade List and Wish List, maybe we can make a deal! <----------
Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by Justin O. »

I'm guessing this will be around $90USD/deck
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Oops, I just logged in as during the past days I was all day in the press, working on the LITURGY decks.

Okay guys, thank you all for your comments, both positive and negative. Just a few words:
Those being skeptical are perfectly entitled to it. I admit that. My recent record is full of delays. It's a fact, no matter who is responsible for these delays. And I was prepared for the skepticism. I would be skeptical too, if I were you!

But before you decide what you'll do with GOLDEN OATH, think about this: I'm a full time playing card designer. This means that if something goes wrong with a deck, I don't have the luxury to wait until it's finished before I launch the next. I wish I could, as this situation is the main cause for my constant insomnia. I also want to avoid multiple editions, that's why I scrapped all failed LITURGY bronze prints. Which were 4, 3 of them paid from my wallet just to go to recycling. The fact that I'm usually into fancy and experimental stuff, makes things worse. But I can't help it, that's me.

Regarding what sms69 said about cutting: Yes, the decks haven't been cut yet. The reason is that I'm also deep in LITURGY printing which must be out the soonest possible, so I'll cut them next week. But cutting has stopped being a risk long ago. I have stabilized the procedure with my collaborators so that I don't even need to be present. Cutting is now as risky as putting the decks in the envelope! You must try hard to make a mistake unless you're severely drunken. And to answer Rousselle's question: All is finished except for the cutting.
I could had tried to fool you by carefully hand cutting a deck adding photoshop touches here and there but I'm not that guy.

Regarding Victor Jose: Although he seems to be a pain in the ass, in fact I believe he's usually right to the core of what he says. If you want to improve, you need the negative comments, too. If you don't want to improve means that either you're already perfect or you're a jerk. And who's perfect? :lol:

Using KS while the deck is ready ISN'T a KS rules violation. Why? Simple: The deck is printed but I haven't paid a cent to my providers yet. They trust me and 3 different companies accepted to give me the stock, make the plates and print the deck and be paid after the sale. So instead of raising funds to print something, I had the option to print it first and then raise funds to pay for the printing. I think it's fair enough for all, even for KS rules. I hope and wish I won't need KS but as I'm in debt to my providers, I have to do anything to make sure I'll get the funds to pay them off.

I just want to remind you that LITURGY Treasure which was indeed finished (although not cut) when the sale was announced, was delivered without any delays or problems. The same applies to GOLDEN OATH.

Now, it's up to you to decide: Am I a guy who will deliver all his pending stuff no matter what and regardless of any delays, or am I a genius scammer who will run away with a few more bucks putting an end to a promising career?

The deck during the presale will be $95 (shipment included). Given the complexity, production cost and uniqueness of the deck, you're ripping me off! :lol:

Thank you guys, I hope to see you tomorrow, at least the daring ones!

For the end, a bite of the tuck (not embossed, as I forgot the embossed sample in my provider's - I'll get it tomorrow morning)
L1530447.JPG
L1530447.JPG (293.22 KiB) Viewed 2110 times
"Bite more than you can chew and then chew it"

----------------------------------------------------------
fb: https://www.facebook.com/oathplayingcards/
twitter:@OathPCC
JacksandJokers
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by JacksandJokers »

Wow, The tuck looks amazing too. How could anyone resist.
At $95 including shipping, whilst expensive, is actually a better price than I thought it was going to be.
Maybe I can afford an extra one. :D
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

misterharmanko wrote:Wow, The tuck looks amazing too. How could anyone resist.
No, wait for the embossed version first and then speak! :lol:

Azid

Unread post by Azid »

How many decks did you print or will be for sale / are they numbered (like Liturgy Treasure or Icons Signature) ?
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Azid wrote:How many decks did you print or will be for sale / are they numbered (like Liturgy Treasure or Icons Signature) ?
It's all in the newsletter I sent. 250 decks in total, all numbered/signed.

Azid

Unread post by Azid »

Lotrek wrote:
Azid wrote:How many decks did you print or will be for sale / are they numbered (like Liturgy Treasure or Icons Signature) ?
It's all in the newsletter I sent. 250 decks in total, all numbered/signed.

Sorry didn't get this newsletter :( i got only a mail about LITURGY -Production update-
Thanks for the fast answer, i'll be there. ;)
JuFiN
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by JuFiN »

How much will they be on kickstarter? And by presaling seperately and then moving to KS after aren't you running the risk of not funding on KS because your biggest supporters will have already purchased?
rorschach

Unread post by rorschach »

Any idea on what time the Kickstarter will begin?
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

JuFiN wrote:How much will they be on kickstarter? And by presaling seperately and then moving to KS after aren't you running the risk of not funding on KS because your biggest supporters will have already purchased?
Surely he can minimize that risk by just setting the goal very low? If they're already printed there's really no need for a goal at all.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

rorschach wrote:Any idea on what time the Kickstarter will begin?
Kickstarter IF needed will be launched on Friday at 5:00pm EST. However, the 24h presale through my website http://www.oathplayingcards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; will begin on Tuesday 14 March @ 12:01pm EST.

Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

MagikFingerz wrote:
JuFiN wrote:How much will they be on kickstarter? And by presaling seperately and then moving to KS after aren't you running the risk of not funding on KS because your biggest supporters will have already purchased?
Surely he can minimize that risk by just setting the goal very low? If they're already printed there's really no need for a goal at all.
Exactly.

Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

tuck.JPG
tuck.JPG (244.47 KiB) Viewed 1837 times

Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

L1530464.JPG
L1530464.JPG (281.42 KiB) Viewed 1836 times

sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

Stunning...
But I can't see the box opening!! Is it suppose to stay shut??? :)