Magic Review: Navy Effects vol 1 by Jaehoon Lim

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Magic Review: Navy Effects vol 1 by Jaehoon Lim

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Navy Effects 1
Creator: Jaehoon Lim
Publisher: Beyond Your Imagination
MSRP: $ 25
Skill Level: Beginner - all
DVD Run time: 90 min

Type of effect: DVD of original color changes and effects based off of the color change.

Manufacturer's Write Up: While beginning in the Navy, Jaehoon devoted himself to the study of card color changes. Over the past two years, he has developed amazing and practical color changes.

Jaehoon is now ready to share this material in his new DVD, Navy Effects. Navy Effects focuses on brand new and practical card color changes.

Jaehoon shows you each color change in detail with multiple video angles, slow motion video, (A,B) cards and transparent cards to make learning faster and easier.

If you love color changes, this is a DVD you must have!

How accurate is the ad copy? This is true

What's in the box? DVD & card gaffs

Key points: Jaehoon has made a unique DVD for beginners – to learn some basic skill and a few standard flourishes alongside his original color changes.

How are the production values: smells like men’s cologne when you open it – plenty of versatile shots as well as plenty of supportive sleights to full equip you for what you are going to learn. Jaehoon’s first language is Korean, but he tries hard to communicate in English through the DVD.

What is taught? [Basic Skill] first 20 minutes
Thumb fan
Double lift
In-jog and Double cut
Secret reverse
Pinky count
Fan flip over
Riffle force
Bottom palm

Second part is all [Card Color Change] another 27 minutes
Rewind snap change
Hit change
J.H. shake change
Wink Change
Flick change
Shadow change

[Routine and Trick] – studio effects – highly edited
Addition
Winkey card
J.H. Red Hot Mama
Winner of the game
Color changing deck

Includes:
- NAVY EFFECTS Volume One
- Gaff cards for the routines

Difficulty / Skill level required: I’d say these are all intermediate to advanced level moves.

How much arts and crafts are involved? none

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) At the end of the day, these are all just card tricks and flourishes

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_____ Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
__X___ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts Nothing against the video or Jaehoon’s creation, but at the end of the day the premise of this wasn’t for me. A collection of color changes and then tricks with color changes just isn’t my character. It was filmed well, but it just wasn’t interesting enough for me.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: ​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k2J2aNL6Qs
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/