Magic Review: The Touch by Robbie Moreland

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Magic Review: The Touch by Robbie Moreland

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: The Touch
Creator: Robbie Moreland
Publisher: Vanishing Inc
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: beginner
DVD Run time: 2 hours and 16 minutes

Type of effect: 3 routines with coins and cards

Manufacturer's Write Up: There are only a handful of magicians in the world whose magic is truly extraordinary -- Robbie Moreland is amongst those rare few.

Elegant, astounding and effortless. Robbie embodies everything that magic should be and on this DVD, you will learn his three signature routines, all taken directly from his working repertoire.

How accurate is the ad copy? This is well written

What's in the box? DVD only

Key points: Watching this will not only make you a better magician, but it will also make you a better creator and performer.

How are the production values: Tricks are presented with real one real spectator (but no microphone) and a steady mounted camera. Tricks are explained with a moving camera, against a blue curtain.

Is it well taught: Robbie goes above and beyond to teach you every smallest detail in the tricks – no stone is left unturned.

1. Vibes (49 minutes) – An any card to any number routine that is filled with a few twists, turns and of course humor.

How to force a proper cut
The key card principle
The jog
The selection
The break
The Cut
The Ditch
The inflated deck principle

2. Bullet Proof (30 min) - One by one, 2 coins effortlessly melt through a solid table. And then his ending is that the glass goes through the table (instead of the last coin)

What you need
Types of napkins
Types of shells
Shell maintenance
The handout
The nest
Setup
History

3. The Burst – This is a four ace production / routine that follows a story about dynamite and explosions. It’s only a “presentation” meaning there is no audience involvement.

Pinky count
Pinky break
JK Hartman popout move
Radical Change – Richard Kaufman
Four Ace production
Baltazar Fuente color change
Fanning a deck
Flop Change – Steve Beam

Difficulty / Skill level required: the point of this DVD is Robbie literally turns over every rock on these effects so that anyone with any skill level can approach these tricks.

How much arts and crafts are involved? none

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) These tricks are all tricks with a table – that should be mentioned – so they are good for restaurant and corporate walk-around.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_____ Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
___X__ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts There was nothing here “for me.” A lot of these moves and effects, I could figure out while I watched the performance and did not require the 30 minutes of explanation.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm64WtgMdW4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/