OATH Playing Cards - Lotrek's new brand

These are official company threads only. Do not start new topics here.
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

OATH Playing Cards - Lotrek's new brand

Unread post by Lotrek »

Hi all,

After 4 years in playing card design as HalfMoonPlayingCards, I'm changing my brand name to “OATH Playing cards”.

I like the word "OATH" as a designing material but I mainly like it for its meaning. "OATH" is there to always remind me of my commitment to delivering the best I can, the fastest I can (...cough)
To make the second part happen, the change in name also comes with a major change in the way I work: In return for the trust and patience you have shown to me, I decided to remove the risk and waiting from your shoulders and put it on mine: ALL the upcoming decks I print myself and involve experiments with new materials and techniques will NOT BE kickstarter projects. They will all be self-funded, with the sale starting only after the production is through. This means that when you open your wallet, you will know that no delays, unpleasant surprises or failed promises will occur. I’ll be using KS only for the decks that will be printed in larger quantities, by the major companies where production issues is the exception.

I'm ready to take that OATH!

Thank you all for your support.

Lotrek
"Bite more than you can chew and then chew it"

----------------------------------------------------------
fb: https://www.facebook.com/oathplayingcards/
twitter:@OathPCC
JacksandJokers
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Re: OATH Playing Cards - Lotrek's new brand

Unread post by JacksandJokers »

Hi Lotrek,
Glad to see this is finally coming to fruition. I think this is a great decision, the best of both worlds so to speak.
Eager to hear what you have planned.
Wishing yourself and OATH all the best. :D
EndersGame
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by EndersGame »

Lotrek's Golden Oath deck was recently named as "Deck of the Year 2017" by 52 Plus Joker at their October convention - congratulations!

Since his first designs for RSVP (Timeless & Butterfly) and for his own Half Moon label (VeneXiana, and Grotesque), Lotrek's style has really evolved and progressed. The designs under his new brand Oath Playing Cards are outstanding, especially his ongoing Treasure Series (Icons, Liturgy, Golden Oath, Sanctus, and Ambassadors), and show a love for Byzantine art, innovative use of foil, and luxurious packaging.

For those wanting an introduction to all of Lotrek's major designs, I've covered them all in two pictorial articles here:

Playing cards to treasure from Lotrek (Part 1): Timeless, Butterfly, VeneXiana, and Grotesque
Playing cards to treasure from Lotrek (Part 2): Icons, Liturgy, Golden Oath, Sanctus, and Ambassadors

--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Hi Lotrek,

short question, since I ordered for the first time from your webshop, do I get an order confimation from the website? Or does I only get an email when the deck is shipped?
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Merlebird
White Whale: Moon Prism + Dondorf Saks
Decks Owned: 212

Unread post by Merlebird »

shiroo56 wrote:short question, since I ordered for the first time from your webshop, do I get an order confimation from the website? Or does I only get an email when the deck is shipped?
I have always gotten an automated order confirmation e-mail from OPC when ordering through Lotrek's website. However, many of his e-mails - automated or otherwise - regularly get delivered to my spam folder. I'd suggest checking there first, then sending Lotrek an e-mail if it isn't there.
Harvonsgard

Merlebird wrote:
shiroo56 wrote:short question, since I ordered for the first time from your webshop, do I get an order confimation from the website? Or does I only get an email when the deck is shipped?
I have always gotten an automated order confirmation e-mail from OPC when ordering through Lotrek's website. However, many of his e-mails - automated or otherwise - regularly get delivered to my spam folder. I'd suggest checking there first, then sending Lotrek an e-mail if it isn't there.
Blind me, I found it in my “read” folder. Must have clicked on it immediatly after ordering. Thank you.
Harvonsgard

When I type in "oathplayingcards.com", I only see a blank page at the browser (firefox). When I go via search engine or the link in your mails, it works flawless. Kind of strange.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
masagin303

Unread post by masagin303 »

shiroo56 wrote:When I type in "oathplayingcards.com", I only see a blank page at the browser (firefox). When I go via search engine or the link in your mails, it works flawless. Kind of strange.
It's a difference between http://oathplayingcards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and https://oathplayingcards.com
They should fix the non-https site to redirect to the https one.
Remember Earth clearly.
Harvonsgard

Since I wasn't able to find a ICONS thread I might just ask here.

I'm intrigued by the Lotrek Icons cards, but I don't like the eagle on the back design. Only the ICONS Sacred have another back design, correct? All others feature the eagle, right?

Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

As far as I can tell that is the case, yes. Lucky for you since I'm pretty sure the Sacred edition is the cheapest to acquire of the series.
Harvonsgard

When my Less arrived I had another mail day, with some USPC decks aswell. Like I always do, I played around with them, doing some cardistry and because I suck at cardistry the one or another card lands on the floor. I don't pick them up immediatly sometimes and just grab another deck. Because of that sometimes my floor is messed up with different decks. When picking the decks up I realized that Lotreks cards are wider than USPC cards. I kept that in mind and yesterday I finally decided to measure my different manufactured cards. All cards USPC/Cartamundi/EPCC/LPCC/TWPCC and even the Gallia Belgica and Transibirian Express are exactly 63 x 88 mm.
Lotreks decks (at least the ones I have: both Silk, Icons Sacred, Less, Fable test deck) however average at 64.25 x 89.25 mm.
Does someone know why Lotrek cuts the cards bigger? Maybe this is one of the reasons the tuck boxes are so snug often.

theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Harvonsgard wrote:...Does someone know why Lotrek cuts the cards bigger? Maybe this is one of the reasons the tuck boxes are so snug often.
Because he's a jabroni.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

Harvonsgard wrote:Does someone know why Lotrek cuts the cards bigger? Maybe this is one of the reasons the tuck boxes are so snug often.
I've wondered this too! I keep a stack of double-backers, ad cards, etc. from various decks and Lotrek's cards are the ONLY ones that are slightly larger :lol:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

For anyone that missed last night's Deckin' Around, here it is:

A lot of people from this forum showed up. Congrats to those that did..

I couldn't watch all of it live, but it looks like he went for a good 2+hrs. Considering the time zone in Greece, he was up well past 4am his time. Such a trooper.

Thanks again Lotrek.

It was very informational and can't wait to see what other boundaries you exceed in the playing card world.

Cheers,
KW

PS. He also gave us the pleasure of playing his flutes. Go check it out...
juxtaposed
White Whale: Arabesque Gold
Decks Owned: 31

Unread post by juxtaposed »

Cardians wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:23 am

PS. He also gave us the pleasure of playing his flutes. Go check it out...
its a good watch. recommended.

for people that didn't wanna go through 2hrs:

- Harvest is not coming on july. its schedule to early september.

- Codex is not coming on sept. its schedule "later"

- its probably confirm Lotrek will be going on patreon.
- 2 tiers. both gets patron exclusive limited deck.
- higher tier gets 1 ultimate deck at the end of year.
- if there's unlimited budget + time (patron), its probably a super cool amazing tarot deck.
- "if u want a tarot deck from me, get your asses down and go to my patreon" - Lotrek
- estimated launch on 30 august.

but keep in mind... "time" is non existence for lotrek :lol:

P.S. i absolutely hate the "women empowering deck" question. my wife finds it very weird too while watching live together.
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Yes, regarding PATREON:

I'm going to launch on the 30th of August, it's my birthday and I think it's a good starting point.
I absolutely love the idea of a TAROT deck but the time needed to create and print it -as I envision it- is A LOT. This deck was what really motivated me to go on Patreon.
There will probably be 3 tiers:

-A really low one for those who just want to support with a couple of bucks.
-A medium tier where patrons at the end of the year will be getting a version of 1-2 decks that will not be available outside patreon
-A high tier where patrons will be getting the above plus a copy of a deck printed exclusively for them and strictly limited to them with the option of buying another one.

These are just thoughts for the moment and are going to become more elaborate and detailed.

What patrons WON'T be getting is regular updates with work in progress etc. I hate showing work in progress and my production process is so chaotic that the word "regularly" is a very good joke.

This inability to keep a regular pace with updates etc kept me away from the idea of Patreon but I think the special and unique rewards at the end of the year may be a good idea.

Thoughts are welcome :-)

Harvonsgard

juxtaposed wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:09 pmP.S. i absolutely hate the "women empowering deck" question. my wife finds it very weird too while watching live together.
+1 it was such an abrupt wtf moment 😂. That's one of the things you either have spoken about before or that you ask in private/dm.
I like Steve and I respect his stance but that was smooth like 40 grain sand paper.

@Lotrék absolutely great idea with Patreon. I gotta scrape some pence together. Can I pay in Saganaki aswell?

Ice_Panda
White Whale: Golden Oath [Blue]
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Ice_Panda »

Harvonsgard wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:27 pm

@Lotrék absolutely great idea with Patreon. I gotta scrape some pence together. Can I pay in Saganaki aswell?
+1 I am so down for this!
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Great. Now my 4th Patreon. Yeah, I am down for it. More mystery decks! Yeah, I am in. For sure. :ugdance:
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
chicken_ql

Unread post by chicken_ql »

Bradius wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:50 pm Great. Now my 4th Patreon. Yeah, I am down for it. More mystery decks! Yeah, I am in. For sure. :ugdance:
Which other 3 are you signed up for Brad?
riutshoxie
White Whale: Blue Golden Oath
Decks Owned: 80

Unread post by riutshoxie »

Will there be a limited access to the highest patreon pledge? I dont want to miss out on it haha.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Which other 3 are you signed up for Brad?
The other three are:
  • The Gentleman Wake
  • Stockholm17
  • Thirdway Industries
That doesn't include my KWP Subcriptions or Pip Box Club, which are not Patreon, but do get charged each month.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

Love this and I will be there for the highest tier.
supernova
White Whale: Standard Oath GoG

Unread post by supernova »

I’m up for the patreon. Looking forward!
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

Quick thought on the Patreon: love the idea, but it might be worth considering that if you launch on your birthday, patrons will be charged for August's benefits immediately and then September's a couple of days later, cos Patreon bills at midnight (pacific time) on the first of the month.

I'd be up for it but I've been thwarted getting on S17's for a couple of years. I don't fancy my chances.
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

I am little confused and maybe I missed a post or forgot about it if I did see it. I thought Lotrek was working on a Bosch deck. Is this different from the Bosch deck Sunish is launching very soon? What adds to my confusion is that Lotrek will be assisting Sunish with his deck.
portcullis

Yes, they’re different decks.
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

@Portcullis:

Thanks for the heads up, I will launch it 1st of September then, no big deal. My birthday was a good idea but 2 days later is great, too!

caniveski
White Whale: Bicycle Burton
Decks Owned: 800

Unread post by caniveski »

will be interesred in patreon, looking forward to the details : )
portcullis

Lotrek wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:02 pm @Portcullis:

Thanks for the heads up, I will launch it 1st of September then, no big deal. My birthday was a good idea but 2 days later is great, too!
Does this guarantee me a sub?