Kings Wild Project, Arthurian -- Live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.

Kings Wild Project, Arthurian -- Live on KS

Unread postby pstaehlin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:57 pm  



Oh look here! :drool:
Attachments
King Arthur.jpg
King Arthur.jpg (153.47 KiB) Viewed 1941 times
pstaehlin
Member
Apprentice
Apprentice
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:32 am
Location: Salem, Oregon
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postby Justin O. » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:10 pm  

Hard to get excited about KW decks right now, Good looking illustration, but so much negativity surrounding Jackson's projects right now. I'll wait to see what his claims are for the project, and his assurances about meeting those claims, and the steps he will need to have in place to see production through to reinforce his assurances before I even remotely begin to get excited.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
User avatar
Justin O.
Member
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 678
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:31 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 266 times
Been thanked: 180 times

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postby pstaehlin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:23 pm  

I don't have any negativity towards Jackson's projects. I understand there are hiccup's that can happen during production of any product. Seems as though he's pulled through with every other project he's released. Therefore, I shall remain optimistic. :)
pstaehlin
Member
Apprentice
Apprentice
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:32 am
Location: Salem, Oregon
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postby misterharmanko » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:32 pm  

And the back design....

Liking the look of this deck.
Very Crazy 8's-esque in my opinion :D
Attachments
Presentation1.jpg
Presentation1.jpg (333.58 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
misterharmanko
Member
Journeyman
Journeyman
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 11:59 am
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postby Jock1971 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:02 pm  

i can hardly see all the detail and that`s twice the size of a normal back.
Pity as i love Celtic Knotwork :(
User avatar
Jock1971
Member
Master
Master
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:00 pm
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postby shaitani » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:09 pm  

I get he's going for the look of old world religious iconography (like handwritten bibles and such), but yeah I'm not digging that back design.
There's got to be a way to mix that ancient style of art with modern artistic sensibilities.
Like maybe keep the level of detail uniform across the entire back instead of just all heavily condensed in the cross.
User avatar
shaitani
Member
Sentinel
Sentinel
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:58 pm
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 117 times

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postby pstaehlin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:18 pm  

I have to agree. As I look at it more, the blank spaces of the off white are bugging me.
pstaehlin
Member
Apprentice
Apprentice
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:32 am
Location: Salem, Oregon
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postby sinjin7 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:16 pm  

I agree with the other comments so far on the back design, I don't think it works too well. The court card is very nice though. I question why he would put out a sneak peek at yet another project when he screwed up Legal Tender so badly and with it overdue and still months away from fulfillment, plus he still needs to start production on his Pearl Tally Ho project (which you know will also be late). No one questions Jackson's art, it's just that he's lacking in execution with his projects. After 20 Kickstarter campaigns under his belt, its troubling that he still has these serious glitches and cannot meet his estimated deadlines for project completion. If this is going to be on Kickstarter, I won't be backing. I'm more than happy to pick these up after his delayed campaign and avoid the aggravation.
User avatar
sinjin7
Member
Master
Master
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:17 pm
Location: California
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 451 times
Been thanked: 578 times

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postby Justin O. » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:30 pm  

pstaehlin wrote:Seems as though he's pulled through with every other project he's released.


With every other project, you mean except Texas where the colors were wrong, and Black Diamond where people payed what? $600+ for the tactical cases and are ending up only getting a wood case like the much lower priced legacy editions, or the Legal Tender where he advised that not only would there not be holographic foil, but that the deck in it's entirety would not include ANY foil at all, and only after pressed for an answer, resulting in many backers requesting refunds for the project. Cleary you mean every other project except these projects, where he didn't pull through, some of his most recent projects.

The art looks great, but Jackson has been dropping the ball in every other arena.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
User avatar
Justin O.
Member
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 678
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:31 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 266 times
Been thanked: 180 times

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postby jerichoholic » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:51 pm  

Oh and don't forget the Moriarty deck issues.
jerichoholic
Member
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
 
Posts: 2198
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:13 pm
Country: Canada (ca)
Has thanked: 151 times
Been thanked: 185 times

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postby chach » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:58 am  

sinjin7 wrote:I agree with the other comments so far on the back design, I don't think it works too well. The court card is very nice though. I question why he would put out a sneak peek at yet another project when he screwed up Legal Tender so badly and with it overdue and still months away from fulfillment, plus he still needs to start production on his Pearl Tally Ho project (which you know will also be late). No one questions Jackson's art, it's just that he's lacking in execution with his projects. After 20 Kickstarter campaigns under his belt, its troubling that he still has these serious glitches and cannot meet his estimated deadlines for project completion. If this is going to be on Kickstarter, I won't be backing. I'm more than happy to pick these up after his delayed campaign and avoid the aggravation.



Dude, seriously. Get out of my mind. +1 to all of that.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
User avatar
chach
Member
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
 
Posts: 1981
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 2:22 pm
Location: Armpit of California
Country: Australia (au)
Has thanked: 234 times
Been thanked: 273 times

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postby RichK » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:48 pm  

A King Arthur deck with art bits and colors from the Book of Kells. Great idea but yes, the detail is lost.

Don't forget the Crazy 8's "oops, no embossed deck". He did make good with signed std. deck for free.
Move on, nothing to see here.
User avatar
RichK
Member
Ace
Ace
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:06 pm
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 454 times
Been thanked: 201 times

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postby TGunitedcardists » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:03 am  

pstaehlin wrote:Oh look here! :drool:


I think it's version 01 of the court card design. It doesn't resemble the quality of his other court cards. Honestly, it doesn't look that good. Jackson's standard court cards are world's better than this one.

The back design obviously has lot of effort invested, but again, it looks incomplete.
User avatar
TGunitedcardists
Member
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 5:57 am
Country: Japan (jp)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 128 times

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postby RichK » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:30 pm  

TGunitedcardists wrote:
pstaehlin wrote:Oh look here! :drool:


I think it's version 01 of the court card design. It doesn't resemble the quality of his other court cards. Honestly, it doesn't look that good. Jackson's standard court cards are world's better than this one.

The back design obviously has lot of effort invested, but again, it looks incomplete.


According to his IG this is the the standard back. I saw a Youtube video of a complicated Celtic knot that must be a limited back.
Move on, nothing to see here.
User avatar
RichK
Member
Ace
Ace
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:06 pm
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 454 times
Been thanked: 201 times

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postby pstaehlin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:57 am  

Justin O. wrote:
pstaehlin wrote:Seems as though he's pulled through with every other project he's released.


With every other project, you mean except Texas where the colors were wrong, and Black Diamond where people payed what? $600+ for the tactical cases and are ending up only getting a wood case like the much lower priced legacy editions, or the Legal Tender where he advised that not only would there not be holographic foil, but that the deck in it's entirety would not include ANY foil at all, and only after pressed for an answer, resulting in many backers requesting refunds for the project. Cleary you mean every other project except these projects, where he didn't pull through, some of his most recent projects.

The art looks great, but Jackson has been dropping the ball in every other arena.



I stand corrected. :D
pstaehlin
Member
Apprentice
Apprentice
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:32 am
Location: Salem, Oregon
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneak Peek of The Arthurian!

Unread postby PrincessTrouble » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:17 am  

Updated the thread title with the title of the deck.

I don't care for the back at all, but I'm liking the courts so far.
User avatar
PrincessTrouble
Moderator
Master
Master
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: Texas
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 312 times
Been thanked: 299 times

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneak Peek of The Arthurian!

Unread postby RichK » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:27 am  

PrincessTrouble wrote:Updated the thread title with the title of the deck.

I don't care for the back at all, but I'm liking the courts so far.


It should be "Kings Wild". :)

Back is, so far, a mess. No details visible which is a shame for the time spent doing it.
Move on, nothing to see here.
User avatar
RichK
Member
Ace
Ace
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:06 pm
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 454 times
Been thanked: 201 times

Re: Kings Wild Project - Sneak Peek of The Arthurian!

Unread postby rousselle » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:58 am  

Updated title of thread with correct name of company. :)
This space intentionally left blank.
User avatar
rousselle
Moderator
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:35 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 625 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Re: Kings Wild Project - Sneak Peek of The Arthurian!

Unread postby MagikFingerz » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:21 pm  

And all this time I thought the deck was called Wild Kings :ugthink:
User avatar
MagikFingerz
Border Patrol
Card Oracle
Card Oracle
 
Posts: 5892
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:32 pm
Location: Norway
Country: Norway (no)
Has thanked: 490 times
Been thanked: 492 times

Re: Kings Wild Project - Sneak Peek of The Arthurian!

Unread postby rousselle » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:53 pm  

Updated MagikFingerz Smarty Pants rating by +1.

I agree that the back could match with the front a bit better, and I look forward to seeing how Jackson brings that all together. Other issues notwithstanding, one of JR's absolute strengths as an artist is how he goes through the draft process.
This space intentionally left blank.
User avatar
rousselle
Moderator
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:35 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 625 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Next

Return to New & Custom Decks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Azid and 12 guests