Meditations by James Went and Big Blind Media

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Meditations by James Went and Big Blind Media

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Mediations
Creator: James Went
Publisher: Big Blind Media
MSRP: $ 35
Skill Level: Intermediate
DVD Run time: 3 hours

Type of effect: Collection of sandwich and triumph routines

Manufacturer's Write Up: An incredible collection of close-up card routines, smooth sleight of hand techniques and interviews direct from the mind of the UK's James Went.

James Went is best known as one of the stars of the Bafta award winning BBC TV magic show "Help, My Supply Teacher is Magic". Over three seasons, and thirty-nine episodes of the smash hit show, James demonstrated his relaxed, personable and engaging performance style. He is also a sought after consultant, having worked on the Discovery Channel show "Breaking Magic" with Wayne Houchin, BBC's "Killer Magic", and numerous major national theater productions.

Meditations, his first major release, extends to over THREE hours of material, and features ten of James' absolute favorite card routines, in depth tutorials on twelve indispensable sleight of hand techniques and fascinating interviews.

Learn just why so many professional magicians rate James so highly. Add his beautiful card work to your own repertoire and get a true insight into what it's like to work in TV magic in the modern era!

How accurate is the ad copy? No deception

What's in the box? Two DVDs

DISC 1 TRICKS -
Inevitable
Roy's Sandwich
For Krenzel
Conditional Triumph
SandIwich Thing

TECHNIQUES -
4 of A Kind Production I
4 of A Kind Production II
T.I.T Peek
T.I.T.T.I.E.S Peek
Top Card Production
Jack's Ginger Snap
Plus interviews

DISC 2 TRICKS -
Poker Con
Selected Daley
Broken Triumph
Collectors
Searchers

TECHNIQUES -
Spread Peek
Relaxed Pass
Thoughts on Controls I
Thoughts on Controls II
Spread Pass
Spread Half Pass
Plus More Interviews

How are the production values: BBM always makes great videos that are beautifully shot and contain very attractive spectators. This DVD uses the same sets we’ve seen in earlier Liam Montier releases.

Is it well taught: James is teaching the experienced card handler. He is not very patient if you’re new to the art. Plus with some of the more experienced sleights needed, I’d say this is for people who at an intermediate level.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_____Very Satisfied
__X _ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

Most of the effects were variations on a theme – I think it’s nice to have 1 sandwich routine or 1 triumph routine in your arsenal, but I don’t need 4 or 5.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOgeBIt-x4c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/