Mana - Platinum/Gold/"Sybil" - SHIPPING

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
sms69x
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Re: Mana - Platinum/Gold/"Sybil" - SHIPPING

Unread post by sms69x »

Thank you very much sinjin7. I see light again :)
Bruno
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Bruno »

Yet.
When Bruno gets this message back from Erik this morn .... it suggests that sinjin has a particularly one sided comms issue with hisself ....

"Thank you for offering Brother.But I am waiting for some help right now. It''s been a long and frustrating process but I think I'm close"

As I say, from Erik, this mornig, in reply to my note last night.
The first we have commed for ages.
He has an option to go forward that mr seven is not privvy to ....
A disconnect, assuredly, and not the one you infer ceaselessly.
Stay tuned for further moving goalposts from the vexatious one.
Ironic smiley face.
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
sms69x

Unread post by sms69x »

Bruno wrote:Yet.
When Bruno gets this message back from Erik this morn .... it suggests that sinjin has a particularly one sided comms issue with hisself ....

"Thank you for offering Brother.But I am waiting for some help right now. It''s been a long and frustrating process but I think I'm close"

As I say, from Erik, this mornig, in reply to my note last night.
The first we have commed for ages.
He has an option to go forward that mr seven is not privvy to ....
A disconnect, assuredly, and not the one you infer ceaselessly.
Stay tuned for further moving goalposts from the vexatious one.
Ironic smiley face.
Oh... much more calm and confident now.... I'm sure that your 'Brother' working hard to get thing moving...
Sarcastic tone and laughing.
Bruno
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Bruno »

Yup, such is your light, that is as much as you see.
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

As I posted earlier, I have been communicating with Erik to try to spur him forward again. I asked him for a specific break down of the remaining orders and what the delay is. He has 122 U.S. orders, 182 International orders, and 2 Canadian orders remaining for fulfillment. That's a whole lot more U.S. orders than I expected. He gave me the reason for the delay and what he's trying to do to finish this off, and for the moment, I'm taking him at his word and will give him a few more weeks. I told him he cannot have weeks or months of absolutely no action, and that he should trickle out at least a few orders a week every week just to show good faith that he's actively trying still. He told me he would have his fulfillment company ship him a few bricks so that he could personally ship out some orders each week until he can achieve the way to finish off fulfillment in one final lump.

I know this will ease some people's concerns, and just further incite some other's, but its all we can get for now. My anticipation is that in 4-5 weeks from now, we will either have all the orders fulfilled, or we'll be in court. It'll be a merry Christmas or a long winter...
TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

sinjin7 wrote:As I posted earlier, I have been communicating with Erik to try to spur him forward again. I asked him for a specific break down of the remaining orders and what the delay is. He has 122 U.S. orders, 182 International orders, and 2 Canadian orders remaining for fulfillment. That's a whole lot more U.S. orders than I expected. He gave me the reason for the delay and what he's trying to do to finish this off, and for the moment, I'm taking him at his word and will give him a few more weeks. I told him he cannot have weeks or months of absolutely no action, and that he should trickle out at least a few orders a week every week just to show good faith that he's actively trying still. He told me he would have his fulfillment company ship him a few bricks so that he could personally ship out some orders each week until he can achieve the way to finish off fulfillment in one final lump.

I know this will ease some people's concerns, and just further incite some other's, but its all we can get for now. My anticipation is that in 4-5 weeks from now, we will either have all the orders fulfilled, or we'll be in court. It'll be a merry Christmas or a long winter...
Thanks for the information.

I still don't know why he can't get a loan amortized over a few years for a few thousand dollars with very reasonable monthly payments and ship everything out. And when he does have money, he does a lump payment to pay off the loan early. That is the most responsible thing to do.

That said, he's updating more and trickling out shipments more. That's a positive. I really believe, in the end, he'll make good, but now, it continues to be really frustrating.
sms69x

Re: Mana - Platinum/Gold/"Sybil" - SHIPPING (wap)

Unread post by sms69x »

Thank you sinjin7.
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I'm sure most of you have seen Erik's update by now, and it seems like we'll be able to put this whole Many Sybil debacle to rest. Based upon assurances Erik gave to me, I held off on the lawsuit up to this point. Specifically, he was attempting to secure a small business loan to cover the costs of the entire fulfillment of this project. He applied for the loan in September, and it finally came through. Granted, if he had done this 2 years ago, we'd have an entirely different view of him, but better late than never.

Truth be told, these really are very nice decks, especially the Gold and Platinum Editions, and I'm glad everyone will finally receive their decks. Happy Thanksgiving indeed!
sms69x

Unread post by sms69x »

Thank you very much sinjin in helping to put an end to this never ending story...
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

These decks really are amazing- the whole series is! It's too bad they got tarnished by horrible business decisions (or lack there of). At least my friends who are none the wiser can look at my displayed collection, point out the Mana decks, and say, "these are great!" not knowing that they almost never ended up in my collection.
Endblade95

Unread post by Endblade95 »

These decks look AMAZING. Any idea where can I pick them up? I heard that there were some issues with his Kickstarter but being a new collector I'm not too sure what's totally going on. Heard that it was something to do with international shipping being expensive for small purchases? Not too sure though!

But all in all they look great and if anyone is planning to sell them I wouldn't mind buying!
UtterFool

Unread post by UtterFool »

Endblade

You can find them on Ebay pretty easily.
Many people try to take advantage of the fact that Erik has been so poor at business.
But, there is a set up right now for pretty reasonable.

Me I am still hoping I actually receive my pledge rewards. Before I break down and buy one from Ebay.
"I have nothing to declare except my folly"
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Endblade95 wrote:I heard that there were some issues with his Kickstarter but being a new collector I'm not too sure what's totally going on.
Welcome to the hobby/addiction and welcome to UC. Here's a quick summary of what happened with these decks: Tuck box production issues delayed these decks and cost more than what Erik anticipated, plus he poorly managed his Kickstarter funds. The decks finally got manufactured and shipped to his fulfillment center, but Erik ran out of money, couldn't pay for shipment, and the decks literally just sat in the warehouse waiting to be shipped for over a year. In the meantime, Erik offered empty promises and excuses the few times he bothered to post updates, but basically put his head in the sand feeling sorry for himself and ignored his backers for a year and a half. It ultimately took organization of a civil lawsuit to finally spur Erik into action and do what he should have done right from the start, which was to take out a loan and finish his obligations to his backers.
UtterFool wrote:Me I am still hoping I actually receive my pledge rewards. Before I break down and buy one from Ebay.
Hang in there buddy, stay off of eBay - all remaining orders should be shipped out by the end of next week and you should be getting your pledge reward shortly.
Gareth

Unread post by Gareth »

sinjin7 wrote:[It ultimately took organization of a civil lawsuit to finally spur Erik into action and do what he should have done right from the start....
Just to re-word Sinjin's self-deprecating statement there;
Should-have-been wrote:It ultimately took until Sinjin7 organized a civil lawsuit before Erick was spurred into action.
Many of us owe a debt of thanks to Sinjin7 in this matter. Whilst Erik may have eventually got off his a*se and finally done something, it was sinjin7's work (with support of many members here) who got this done, now.

Thanks again sinjin7!
Endblade95

Unread post by Endblade95 »

UtterFool wrote:Endblade

Many people try to take advantage of the fact that Erik has been so poor at business.

Me I am still hoping I actually receive my pledge rewards. Before I break down and buy one from Ebay.
Seems like 2 years since the Kickstarter, quite sad that such a design went to waste due to poor management though! I don't buy from eBay mainly due to trust issues, had some bad experiences getting non-card related stuff on the site I've avoided it like the plague.
Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by Justin O. »

Endblade95 wrote:
I don't buy from eBay mainly due to trust issues, had some bad experiences getting non-card related stuff on the site I've avoided it like the plague.

If it's any consolation, I have had mostly really good experiences buying cards off eBay, only a few decks that weren't as advertised, and have always had good luck with returns/exchanges. Sometimes ebay is the only place to get some decks, but communities like this and Aethercards generally will offer a much more reliable and personal marketplace. This deck was plagued by a series of negative turns and bad choices, but things look like they are finally on track, you shouldn't have too much trouble picking a set up here soon.
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
TGunitedcardists

For the record, still radio silence. No tracking number or notice that anything has been sent. The wait continues.
nECr0MaNCeD
Decks Owned: 677

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

TGunitedcardists wrote:For the record, still radio silence. No tracking number or notice that anything has been sent. The wait continues.

Same here, but I remain hopeful. I have quite a large pledge coming and can't wait to add them to my rebuilding effort.
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
nECr0MaNCeD

Endblade95 wrote:

Seems like 2 years since the Kickstarter, quite sad that such a design went to waste due to poor management though! I don't buy from eBay mainly due to trust issues, had some bad experiences getting non-card related stuff on the site I've avoided it like the plague.

Hello Endblade. I was on sabbatical when you joined so first and foremost, Welcome.

When I get my pledge in I will have quite a few extras as I pledged for this at the height of my addiction.... er collecting. I'm never interested in jacking up the prices so will be selling my extras at Kickstarter cost. I'll drop you a PM when I finally get them and if you still need some, I'd be glad to help.
CostlyAxis

Unread post by CostlyAxis »

Well, something is happening on my end at least. I got a tracking number earlier today for my order. No ETA on its arrival as it only indicates the shipping label was made.

Edit: And it's here!
4.of.Clubs

Unread post by 4.of.Clubs »

sinjin7 wrote: Hang in there buddy, stay off of eBay - all remaining orders should be shipped out by the end of next week and you should be getting your pledge reward shortly.
Got my tracking and the package is on its way! After such a long time I can finally mark this of my list!

Thanks so much Sinjin!
----------> Check out the decks I have for sale! <----------
----------> Also check out my Trade List and Wish List, maybe we can make a deal! <----------
4.of.Clubs

Unread post by 4.of.Clubs »

Package came in today! Everything was accounted for. But...

1. The decks were supposed to be signed but weren't (expected after reading what other members received).
2. The cello on one of the decks was messed up.

However, I'm not going to worry about any of that... Just glad the project is over. :ugdance: :ugdance:
----------> Check out the decks I have for sale! <----------
----------> Also check out my Trade List and Wish List, maybe we can make a deal! <----------
cosmicsecret
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

I did not get any tracking number so far - any international backer got the decks already?
TGunitedcardists

cosmicsecret wrote:I did not get any tracking number so far - any international backer got the decks already?
Nope.
phantom1412

Unread post by phantom1412 »

I haven't get anything too. No emails, no tracking number, nothing.
dogbone72

Unread post by dogbone72 »

Mine is US shipping but still no email or tracking number.
No replies to messages on KS as well.
UtterFool

Unread post by UtterFool »

These arrived today.

I will be selling all of these as well as my other Erik Mana decks in the sales section if anyone wants them.

I have no use for this crap in my collection.
"I have nothing to declare except my folly"
nECr0MaNCeD

Still no tracking..... but the decks arrived today. Not signed but I also expected this. Also, With my order was packed another members. This was expected but the signature editions have the numbers swapped. Mine was to be 63/100 but I got the other guys. The numbers are correct, just swapped. I see no way to fix this as they have the matching halo seal that can't be removed. I expected this as well because I saw a post in the comments section much the same. All in all I like the cards. They are beautiful. I haven't opened any or looked too closely but so far so good. Thanks Sinjin for "greasing the wheels of progress so to speak.
dogbone72

Unread post by dogbone72 »

The wait continues and the silence from Eric is deafening. No replies to messages.
Jock1971

Unread post by Jock1971 »

cosmicsecret wrote: any international backer got the decks already?
Got my decks here in the U.K yesterday...had no Tracking number sent ...just turned up out of the blue