[vasta41] Collection

Members are welcome and encouraged to "Show Their Cards" here. Don't be bashful!
Forum rules
  1. Make a new thread. Be sure to put your username in square brackets [] at the beginning of the title.

2. Write a small (or big, if you want) introduction about you, your collection and your collecting habits.

3. Post as many pictures of your decks as you want in your thread, with or without descriptions.
    (But please refrain from posting pictures of your collection in someone else's thread.)

4. Have fun with it, be creative, and check out other users' threads as well :)

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

[vasta41] Collection

Unread post by vasta41 »

Hello! This will take me a while because I have over 700 cards but I'm going to be going slowly through my entire collection bit by bit. As you can see I keep (most of) my cards in customly designed playing card display cases that I designed and my father built.

CARDS OF NOTE: On the fourth shelf from the top from left to right, gold seal Bikes (from Ohio), 807-RTG (supposedly printed in Ohio after the KY factory opened), 809 Mandolin backs, gold Cupid backs, Zippo (came with lighter), Lefty deck, All Wheel Back No. 2 (66/2,500) and the Secret Weapon deck printed in Ohio the 90's (not the new one currently on shopbicyclecards.com)

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: [vasta41] Collection

Unread post by vasta41 »

Here are some more printed by USPCC:

CARDS OF NOTE: The black deck in the middle of the top row is the Espionage deck and the one you can barely make out on the top row all the way to the right is the Warrior Horse deck, the Elephant/ Tsunami deck is the rarer one with the note inside

volantangel
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Hey vasta ! I think your photobucket settings might be to private, you gotta change that otherwise the only person that can see the collection is you :lol: :lol:
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

volantangel wrote:Hey vasta ! I think your photobucket settings might be to private, you gotta change that otherwise the only person that can see the collection is you :lol: :lol:
It was public- I moved them after I posted :oops: Should be fixed now 8-) Thanks!
volantangel

Its all perfect now ! Your display makes me so jealous ! Wish i had the wallspace !
Jock1971

Unread post by Jock1971 »

WOW. The Display`s AND the Cards on them make me jealous :drool: .I can`t wait to see more .
Nice one vasta41.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Thanks for the comments, guys!
Like most modern day playing card collectors, my 1st deck was an E Black Tiger so I've always had an affinity toward them. There was a time when I could say I owned every E deck but obviously there are some holes in there now. But here's my E and D$D collection:

CARDS OF NOTE: The 1st Edition Black Ghost is the actual 1st edition wrapped in cellophane, not shrink wrap (and yes, it is falling apart lol), the Ghosts, Arcanes and Blue Masters are all UV 500 Air-Flow and the Smoke & Mirrors are v's 2-6 (v4 is the less rare one without the stamp)

volantangel

Just noticed how the blue LTD isnt consistent with the rest of the LTDs. Bad Ellusionist.. Bad..
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Here are some colorful decks and my Magic Makers Inc., Eric Duan, Daivoli, etc. collection:

CARDS OF NOTE: The Guardians on the middle shelf is the USPCC version and the Actuators are numbered as follows: Artist's Ed. 0755, Black 0997 and White 1015

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Here are some of my various, "older" USPCC decks including my coveted Jerry's Nugget:

CARDS OF NOTE: As the certificate indicates, the JNugg is from a Lee Asher sale in 2010 and the 3 decks next to it are the Bee Tech Art, Red Wynn and Purple Wynn (normally accompanied by my Brown Wynn in my T11 collection...), the Steamboat's are NOT the D$D reprints, the crappy Hoyle deck on the 3rd shelf is the very 1st deck I ever owned and learned many magic tricks with, the front-facing Tally Ho's and the light-blue one are the gold-bordered Maedas and the rest are all from Ohio.

montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

Wow - I LOVE (and am deeply jealous of) your displays!
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Here's my T11, Blaine and Karnival collection (with some others thrown in there). I'm very proud of my White Centurion :D in fact, of all the unopened decks I have, that one is the hardest to keep closed...

CARDS OF NOTE: The backwards Bee deck is a Black Stinger from KY (not the rarer Ohio one) and the signed Bee Split Spades deck is... well, truth be told I have no idea if it's the Black one or the Inverted Black one. Maybe someone could help me out?

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

My Blue Crown/ HOPC and CARC collections:

CARDS OF NOTE: The Crown decks on the left are the 1st edition, the ones to the left are the embossed v2's, the Erdnase Bee's are 1 each of Ivory and Cambric finish and the one on the bottom shelf, 4th from the right is the Silver Black Acorn edition, and I have both the 1st (backwards) and 2nd editions of the Expert at the Card Table decks (bottom shelf, middle).

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Handlordz, Encarded, etc.

CARDS OF NOTE: The Blades decks are all non-1st editions Midnight, Silver, White, Blood, Blood Spear and Blood Metal and the Doomsday deck is the one with the white label and the silver gilded edges

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Here are my sets

CARDS OF NOTE: The single cards at the bottom are (from left to right) signed Tendril card by Paul C., the corrected Altruism cards and the 3 Watcher deck gaff cards

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

So I was at a pumpkin carving party last night (which is what we do this time of year in MA..) and here's what I carved!
Pretty basic but maybe more elaborate next year :)
joeblow

Unread post by joeblow »

Awesome. I see a kickstarter in your future. Part of the metal, wood, denim, vegetable series.
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

vasta41 wrote:So I was at a pumpkin carving party last night (which is what we do this time of year in MA..) and here's what I carved!
Pretty basic but maybe more elaborate next year :)

Amazing!!
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Paul, though I am a little late in commenting, I think your deck displays are awesome! How long did it take you and your dad to make them? Do you have all the cases/decks in one room or does your collection extend to multiple rooms? Simply AWESOME! Am very jealous! :ugdance:
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

shermjack wrote:Paul, though I am a little late in commenting, I think your deck displays are awesome! How long did it take you and your dad to make them? Do you have all the cases/decks in one room or does your collection extend to multiple rooms? Simply AWESOME! Am very jealous! :ugdance:
Thanks, Sherman! To be honest the only involvement I had in making them was coming up with the design. I have the blue prints and have been trying to find a local company that can mass-produce them but no luck so far :? But after the first two, my Dad whipped out the other 4 in a few days. He's helping me build a deck now so there won't be more any time soon but at last count I have over 800 decks and the 6 60 card cases I have only hold 360 decks so there are around 450 deck that currently reside in shoeboxes as well. My wife and I just bought our first house, complete with a man cave! So the displays will soon be hung there and pictures will be posted here shortly after. :ugdance:
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Congrats on the new house! Looking forward to seeing pics of the new man cave!
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
VXD
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by VXD »

Just eventually found the 'Show us your cards' site......was googling it.....didn't realise it was on this site. Ha.

That is one hell of a collection....really nice! Some great decks in there and so well displayed. Playing cards do look better if displayed properly (just like most things in life I guess).

Awesome job on the pumpkin too btw (that can't be easy!).
VISIT OUR WEBSITE & SHOP:
https://vxdgaming.com/