Share Your Expertise With New Search Filters

General discussion about the Playing Card Database.
Announcements and updates wil lalso be posted here.

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

IAmTheChin
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 300

Share Your Expertise With New Search Filters

Unread post by IAmTheChin »

Hi guys,

The new migration is happening this month. It's been met with obstacles but it is happening lol. One of the features of this new site is the filter function to get better more defined searches within the database. This is done through tags that anyone can add to any deck. The search will get better over time as more decks get more tags.

In order to help get the best search results I need YOUR help guys! Having more "standard" filters will help build the tag lists faster than having too many diverse tags like "MARINE" vs. "NAUTICAL", and that's not even including spelling errors. The idea is that if I can pre-load these tags people can choose rather than type the most appropriate and applicable tag without error. I'm calling on your expertise to tag anything that the list is missing.

CLICK HERE to open up the Table of Categories where you can add any tags. Thank you in advance! All feedback welcome :)

-Alex
Manage Your Collections with
http://www.Portfolio52.com

Every collection starts somewhere. Start your saga. Start with Seasons.
http://www.SeasonsPlayingCards.com
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Share Your Expertise With New Search Filters

Unread post by ecNate »

I added a bunch, but I think size is a pretty important new field not considered yet.

In addition, I listed Facsimile/Replica, but really that should be a new checkbox on its own. Which as mentioned before should really have a 2nd date field then available to record the date of the deck that the replica is based on. That way the usual date field indicates when the replica was made, but we also have a searchable and view-able field when the original one was created.
montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

I've popped a bunch of ideas in there too!
pablo19
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by pablo19 »

Added Manufacturer/printer. I tried to create an account on Portfolio but it didn't work :/
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

pablo19 wrote:Added Manufacturer/printer. I tried to create an account on Portfolio but it didn't work :/
Please note new accounts are usually still created even if you get an error, just give it a try. If you need the password reset send me a PM.

We already have manufacturer/printer, as well as artist, brand (bicycle, hoyle, etc) and company (producer - Theory 11, etc). http://www.portfolio52.com/collect. Although Fournier / ASS Altenburger / Naipes Comas are not current options. I'll add them as options for use on older decks.