"How to" Change your Name here...

Have questions or comments about the site?
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

"How to" Change your Name here...

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

first of all, you can't do it, but I can - and I think Joe (MCJ) can as well, not certain.

The idea here has always been that you could choose to be anonymous - or not. After giving it some thought, I have decided that it's only fair that if you really want to change your name - not for reasons like "I don't want to be associated with my former self" (or comments), then - I'll honor the request.

Your name can be just about anything here - like mine, with an embedded space in it. It can be a 'handle' or pseudonym ("pen name", I suppose), real name, something in between or just whatever.

I will post a "MAP" of usernames changed, simply because it's not intended to 'fool' anyone, it's only an accommodation to users who have changed their mind since signup.

Now, the real "how to": send me a PM with your desired "new" name, spelled with punctuation as desired, etc - and I'll 'fix' it, send you a note by email when it's done, and then all your posts will change to the new name and you will have to (reread that - "HAVE TO"!) use the new name to log in here. Once it's done, it can be 'undone', of course - it's just an attribute of your user account # here, frankly. I will NOT allow names with "UC", "UC_", "MOD" or similar that might confuse someone here any more, but if you've already done so (I can think of one - no big deal), you're fine!

I understand that there might be several people that want to do this, so - just try to be reasonable and keep it to a minimum unless you really want to change it permanently. Because of this being somewhat confusing for people who have grown used to your existing name, not only will I post a "Map" (OldName = "ImATurkey"; NewName = "Not Really", etc - I will not allow it to be done more than once, perhaps with the exception of reverting if you decide it wasn't a good idea, but PLEASE - don't make frivolous requests! I have better things to do, but I want everybody to "have it their way", and I always want to be flexible as we possibly can here!

<===<< The "PM" button is right over there, slightly to the left of directly under my Danish flag. If you have account login problems, 'mratledge@aol.com' is the alternative way to get my attention.

BY THE WAY: it was brought to my attention that IF you are using the default layout for cell phones (called "WAP" for Wireless Access Protocol) it won't look like what I see right now at all. To understand what I mean, pick the "FULL VERSION" button near the top left corner (right under the dual "UNITED CARDISTS") of your current display to see things normally. You can go back to the small device mode using a button on the bottom (as I remember) once you see what I mean. It says "Mobile version" - green link right above the "Site Lock" security shield emblem. It's also available on the top right of the standard view and looks like a small cell phone right under the "Search" box.

ALSO POINTED OUT: I won't change it to something in poor taste, like "Mister Baitor" (or worse). Keep it in good humor, folks!
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Re: "How to" Change your Name here... (wap)

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

Yeah i can do that too...
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

montecarlojoe wrote:Yeah i can do that too...
Cool. I don't think demand for it will be very high, but I'll unlock the post so you can edit it (the one with the "Name Change Log"). Right now it only shows myself (earliest) and Sher (around June, 2014? - best I can remember). AFAIK, those are the only two names that were ever changed directly, although of course we have people "come back" with alter egos, thus losing their post count, etc
>Mike<
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

I can edit locked posts too Mike ;-)
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

montecarlojoe wrote:I can edit locked posts too Mike ;-)
Yep, and I forgot that I had already unlocked the post itself, just not the thread - which is how it needed/needs to be. We're good!
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<