EPCC Delivery/Production Timelines

Anything and everything playing cards!
Cardians
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

EPCC Delivery/Production Timelines

Unread post by Cardians »

I was reviewing the outstanding decks that I pledged for and still needed to be shipped and coincidentally noticed all but a few, were being printed by Expert Playing Card Co.

What I also found interesting is the creators listed below not only choose to go with EPCC to print their decks but Gamblers Warehouse to fulfill them.

Here is what I gathered from the list below. If a creator runs his campaign correctly which includes having all the artwork completed for EPCC to review and start getting the ball rolling, it should roughly take roughly 5 months from start to finish which includes the slow boat ride over. This does not include the back and forth airmail of physical proofs and the 15 day waiting period for the funds from Kickstarter.

Pantheon by Giovanni Meroni
Funding Period Oct 12 - Oct 31, 2016.
Delivery to GW Whse Week of April 10, 2017

Gemini by Lorenzo (Stockholm)
Funding Period Sept 10-Oct 10, 2016.
Delivery to GW Whse Week of April 3, 2017

Legal Tender by Jackson Robinson
Funding Period Jul 4 - Aug 3, 2016.
Delivery to GW Whse
- Still on the Boat

Avant-Garde by Edgy Brothers
Funding Period Oct 8 - Nov 7, 2016.
March 11th Update stating decks received. Fulfillment by GW Whse

Nouveau BIJOUX by Karin Yan
Funding Period Sept 24 - Oct 9, 2016
Delivery to GW Whse week of April 10, 2017

So after reviewing everything, what I find interesting is Jackson's Legal Tender project was funded on August 3rd, but his cards are not on U.S. soil as of today and it's been 8 months. Most backers won't see his deck into early to mid May. Does anyone else see something wrong here?

Makes me wonder as to why some creators can stay on a 5-6 month turn-around while some can't.
Bikefanatic
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 333

Re: EPCC Delivery/Production Timelines

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I just don't think about a deck until I see updates or a shipping number. I would like my deck to arrive before a year's time, at the shortest time possible but just whenever it's delivered, not to be damaged. I'm waiting on 4 of the projects mentioned below.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586