Page 14 of 15

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:23 am
by crazyfandecks
looking for this one: VIPer of Ellusionist with no words on the front, i got the Ultimate and Striking version so want to get this for complete

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:11 am
by intlgrrl
Since I'm still new to collecting card decks, my White Whale list only contains one deck at the moment: Özlem Ölçer's Mad Deck

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:45 pm
by Sparkz
White Centurions
Image

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:15 pm
by MagikFingerz
Sparkz wrote:White Centurions
Image

My, that sure is a lovely photograph!

:mrgreen:

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:03 pm
by Sparkz
MagikFingerz wrote:
Sparkz wrote:White Centurions
Image

My, that sure is a lovely photograph!

:mrgreen:


Isn't it, for a site that hasn't been updated in as long as I can remember i still go to it regularly and poke around. That guy should think about resurrecting that wiki, maybe he'll see this post MagikFingerz :D

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:12 pm
by Justin O.
Sparkz wrote:Isn't it, for a site that hasn't been updated in as long as I can remember i still go to it regularly and poke around. That guy should think about resurrecting that wiki, maybe he'll see this post :D


Agreed, I love this site, and used it really extensively when I was starting out and still getting familiar with everything. Would love to see it updated. Would love to update it! but I don't have good photography equipment... *cough*sparkz*cough* I saw that work space on Instagram...

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:45 pm
by Justin O.
Just grabbed a Gold New Era deck off eBay and couldn't be more elated to cross one of my white whales off my list. Now to find a decent set of the Jaqk V1's


White Whale.png
White Whale.png (1.59 KiB) Viewed 912 times

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:49 am
by pstaehlin
This one is my holy grail of decks to have in my collection.

Federal 52 Unbranded Black Reserve Note

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:06 am
by montecarlojoe
Justin O. wrote:Just grabbed a Gold New Era deck off eBay and couldn't be more elated to cross one of my white whales off my list. Now to find a decent set of the Jaqk V1's


White Whale.png


Loving the little whale icons. Maybe I could add something to user profiles that would display a little whale if you are searching for something... will give it thought!

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:42 am
by Räpylätassu
I just got two unopened Icelandair playing card decks. If anyone is looking for one, I am ready to trade.

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:59 pm
by TGunitedcardists
This white whale situation is interesting, but what's the general consensus about price?

For example, imagine one of the decks on your white whale list came up, but it was double or triple the price you were comfortable with. The real question would be, "How would you feel if you didn't pull the trigger and it was your last chance at the deck?"

I think my problem isn't so much having white whales, it's that I don't want to pay for them. I missed out on the Kings Wild Federal 52 Unbranded Black Reserve Note and the first Empire, but I'm not willing to pay the probably asking price. If any people in this thread happen to have extra, please let me know. I would like to say I could trade some rare Japanese decks on this side of the ocean, but I'm not that connected and haven't found where to gets some of the rarer decks.

I still like the idea of having some whale icons under the avatar representing decks on your white whale list.

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:00 pm
by Mike Ratledge
TGunitedcardists wrote:This white whale situation is interesting, but what's the general consensus about price?

For example, imagine one of the decks on your white whale list came up, but it was double or triple the price you were comfortable with. The real question would be, "How would you feel if you didn't pull the trigger and it was your last chance at the deck?"

I think my problem isn't so much having white whales, it's that I don't want to pay for them. I missed out on the Kings Wild Federal 52 Unbranded Black Reserve Note and the first Empire, but I'm not willing to pay the probably asking price. If any people in this thread happen to have extra, please let me know. I would like to say I could trade some rare Japanese decks on this side of the ocean, but I'm not that connected and haven't found where to gets some of the rarer decks.

I still like the idea of having some whale icons under the avatar representing decks on your white whale list.

Well, it kind of all goes back to my often repeated observation that "A deck is worth exactly what you can get someone to pay for it" (when asked how much something - anything - is worth). At one point I had 5 of those unbranded black reserve notes, I sure wish I still had my hands on those and the 3 decks of David Blain's "Microsoft Make Magic"!

Sometimes we don't take into account that the deck for sale might be the last chance we have to get it, and that is one thing that you can't ever be totally certain about, but it surely should make a difference in the decision whether to "pull the trigger" (and how hard).

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:08 pm
by Stepchild
Pricing is why I like auctions, as opposed to "here's my price" -- Auction sales generally imply that at least 3 individuals thought the price was right: the seller, the buyer, and the second-place bidder...

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:54 pm
by Leo_100
My ultimate white whale deck... The White Lions Stealth Gaff by David Blaine! Found it the other day on eBay for $650...

I guess I'll never have the chance to own one :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Blaine-Wh ... true&rt=nc

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:49 pm
by Mike Ratledge
Leo_100 wrote:My ultimate white whale deck... The White Lions Stealth Gaff by David Blaine! Found it the other day on eBay for $650...

I guess I'll never have the chance to own one :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Blaine-White-Lions-Stealth-Cards-Gaff-Deck-Rare-Playing-Cards-NEW-/152558595911?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Df1J86Mhfs3mKmlklG%252BPpLHlPME%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

That was sold by one of our own.

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:42 am
by Leo_100
Mike Ratledge wrote:
Leo_100 wrote:My ultimate white whale deck... The White Lions Stealth Gaff by David Blaine! Found it the other day on eBay for $650...

I guess I'll never have the chance to own one :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Blaine-White-Lions-Stealth-Cards-Gaff-Deck-Rare-Playing-Cards-NEW-/152558595911?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Df1J86Mhfs3mKmlklG%252BPpLHlPME%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

That was sold by one of our own.


I know, I tried to make a deal with him but apparently someone was quicker! It's insane how prices can reach such high amounts... but I guess there is nothing to do for it. I still don't like people who want to make a profit out of it though... it makes it really really hard for card collectors like me, who loves playing cards... but don't have enough money :(

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:16 pm
by montecarlojoe
Take a look at your profile settings... ;)

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:45 am
by Leo_100
montecarlojoe wrote:Take a look at your profile settings... ;)


Funny how you can quickly judge from someone's profile settings ... :lol: ;)

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:35 pm
by Levent Suberk
pstaehlin wrote:This one is my holy grail of decks to have in my collection.

Federal 52 Unbranded Black Reserve Note


Yes, it is very good one. A signed deck sold for 550.00 USD. I want to buy one deck but pricey for me.

Re: The "White Whale" Wish List

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:17 am
by PrincessTrouble
PrincessTrouble wrote:I'm looking for the Defcon 21 deck (from 2013). Not the plastic id badges that look like cards but the actual deck of playing cards. If anyone has a lead, I'd be grateful.

Image

Image


Years of persistence pays off. Finally scored a deck.

Image