Anything and everything playing cards!
EndersGame
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

What do you do with your old decks?

Unread post by EndersGame »

Let's say you've worn out a deck of playing cards - it's clumpy and no longer handles well enough for card magic or cardistry, and it's ready for retirement.

What do you do with it?

And does it make a difference if it's a standard Bicycle rider-back deck or a custom deck?
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

Trungbreezy
Decks Owned: 250

Re: What do you do with your old decks?

Unread post by Trungbreezy »

If it gets to the point where it's clumpy and no longer handles well I would just give it to my friends to play poker. All they need is a complete deck to play. However if it's a Jerry then I would probably keep it just to say I have one.
Instagram: @sj_cardcollector
4.of.Clubs
Player: Yes

Unread post by 4.of.Clubs »

I've only let standard bikes from Costco get that dirty and I use them in weekly card games. When the edges turn black, they go to the trash.

Custom decks I'll open to look at them and maybe fan them, then I sell the open decks to make sure I only keep 5 or 6 of the open ones around.
----------> Check out the decks I have for sale! <----------
----------> Also check out my Trade List and Wish List, maybe we can make a deal! <----------
vedus

Unread post by vedus »

I will abuse standard USPCC or Expert decks until they start getting clumpy and miserable. At that point they either go on a shelf of used decks or donated to people that I know who play card games. Custom decks get opened and played with, since I almost always get two of everything, but never really get abused to that point. The open deck collection is a mix of these two.