Juggler Playing cards now live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Juggler Playing cards now live on KS

Unread post by badpete69 »

Another deck by a magician. Art style reminds me a little of Brendan Hong. Will invite artist to forum

sinjin7
Cardist: Yes

Re: Juggler Playing cards now live on KS

Unread post by sinjin7 »

This deck is very reminiscent of a Brendan Hong deck, right down to the overpricing at almost $21.00 per deck shipped ($20.70 as of todays currency exchange rates). However, at least this deck is printed by the USPCC and it includes a cardistry tutorial, which might actually make the price worth it depending on the quality and content of the tutorial vid.

Design-wise, the backs are very Fontaine-ish, which is a huge negative. The courts are very Brendan Hong-ish, which is a huge positive. I like ambigrams as much as the next guy, but this is nowhere close to strong enough to carry the design for the Jokers and tuck design. This just looks like he went to FlipScript.com and used their ambigram generator. And speaking of the tuck, there's no embossing, foiling, printing on the tuck interior, or any other bell or whistle. Oh yeah, this is supposed to be a minimal tuck design :roll: . I guess that's fine for a cardistry deck, which should be all about the cards instead, but it certainly fails to lend any value to justify shelling out almost $21.00 for one deck.

If you're a cardist, I can see the viability of this deck, but only if the cardistry tutorials are really good. Plus, it's produced by the USPCC instead of somewhere in China, so at least you know the handling will be excellent and the courts are very good, something you don't always see in cardistry-centric decks. But if you're not a cardist, the tutorial vid does nothing for you and there's nothing else in the design or tuck box to justify the inflated price of this deck.
badpete69

Great observations as always. Every time there is a new creator on his first project , my first thought is will this be one of those project that will fund and never be delivered. The funding goal is fairly low for a USPCC deck but I know you can print 1000 decks now. Also he is already giving out free decks. You get 50% more decks in a 6 deck pledge. Is this wise to do on your first project? He is using Gamblers for fulfillment but we all remember the concept grafix episode. I am probably overly cautious but...
JugglerCards
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by JugglerCards »

Hello!

I'm Julio Ribera, the creator of the Juggler Playing Cards. First of all, thanks for taking the timein writing about my project, I really appreciate it.

About the price, it may be expensive if you buy just one because shipping is almost as expensive as the decks itself and I can't make anything about it. That is why if you buy 12 decks you only pay 120€ with shipping included to the US (that is just 10€ per deck). Considering that the first 5 days I am giving some decks in every order that has two or more decks, the price will be 120€ for 12+3 decks, that is 8€ per deck! Not expensive at all. It just depends in the ammount you buy, the more you buy the cheaper the deck gets.

About the low funding goal is because I already sold hundreds of decks to wholesales so I was able to make it lower. Anyways, I already got 100% of the money in 25 hours so money won't be a problem. Also, I have the constant help of Sergio Roca, the creator of the "Odyssey Playing Cards" so we know what we are doing because I also helped him with his campaign.

All the prices with the USPCC, Gambler's Warehouse, etc are precisely calculated and the campaign is going great so I am sure this deck will be great and that everyone will recieve their decks. About the price, I haven't seen cheaper prices than 8€ for a limited deck as this one anywhere.

Thank you and hope you like my deck!
Julio Ribera.
badpete69

Julio
Welcome to the forums. Thanks for taking the time to provide some clarifications. Good luck with the project