The Iron Horse by Jody Eklund -- Now LIVE on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
RichK
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 250

Re: The Iron Horse by Jody Eklund

Unread post by RichK »

vasta41 wrote:I'm sorry but it's kind of B.S. that the 1 deck tier charges an extra $6 for shipping (making the 1 deck total $19) and the 2 deck EB tier is $22 with shipping included.

EDIT: Just noticed that the EB tier is charging $6 for shipping, too even though it says it's included. Must be a mistake. Jody?
It's fixed now.
Move on, nothing to see here.
JacksandJokers
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Re: The Iron Horse by Jody Eklund -- Now LIVE on KS

Unread post by JacksandJokers »

Hey Jody,
The 12 Deck Tier also states free shipping but it isn't.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

RichK wrote:
vasta41 wrote:I'm sorry but it's kind of B.S. that the 1 deck tier charges an extra $6 for shipping (making the 1 deck total $19) and the 2 deck EB tier is $22 with shipping included.

EDIT: Just noticed that the EB tier is charging $6 for shipping, too even though it says it's included. Must be a mistake. Jody?
It's fixed now.
The EB tier is fixed, yes. But the single deck tier is still $6 for shipping so either that's still a mistake that needs to be fixed or I recall my 1st statement.
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

vasta41 wrote:
RichK wrote:

It's fixed now.
The EB tier is fixed, yes. But the single deck tier is still $6 for shipping so either that's still a mistake that needs to be fixed or I recall my 1st statement.
You're right. Single deck shipping is $6, 2 decks $8. I doubt it'll be changed because he wants people to go for the 3 deck set if not more. Add $5 for the PDF story too, pass on it.
Move on, nothing to see here.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

RichK wrote:
vasta41 wrote:
RichK wrote:

It's fixed now.
You're right. Single deck shipping is $6, 2 decks $8. I doubt it'll be changed because he wants people to go for the 3 deck set if not more. Add $5 for the PDF story too, pass on it.
It makes me pretty upset for several reasons. First and foremost, I don't give a crap about a diptych tuck case. It looks nice and all but I'm not one of those collectors that normally buys two decks- I simply can't afford it. So the fact that I'm swindled into having two buy two decks because it's a FAR better value pisses me off. Not to mention the sheer fact that it costs more money to ship more weight, thus two decks (in theory) cost more to ship than one deck... So if any tier should offer free shipping it should be the single deck! And while I'm on the subject, charging $6 to ship one deck in the US is yet another form of price gouging in this campaign.

Not only are the decks cheaper when bought in twos (which is generally obvious and not what I'm upset about) but Jody will also have to spend more money to ship them since it's "free" to the backer which lowers his profit margin on those 2 decks even more. MAKES NO SENSE. If the goal is to get people to buy more decks, either A) lower the cost of the overpriced 'special edition' deck or B) actually design two different, standard tucks (and preferably different cards as well). Driving up the price of one deck to force people to buy more decks is a business model that I don't appreciate. :nostar: :nostar: :nostar: :nostar:
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Everybody's mileage on this one will vary, but here's my situation for what it's worth: I like Jody's work, and as a writer myself, I like the idea behind this deck being tied to a work of fiction. While I'm a little bummed that the "standard" decks don't include metallic inks, I'm still willing to shell out the $11 ea. early bird pricing for a pair of decks, plus a fiver for the story.

However, I had originally gone in for the special edition deck as well, and opted for the double set because that would also get me the story and the coin paid for... which actually meant the price per deck came down. Until I thought about it. And thought about it some more. And I realized... as much as I like his work, the special edition deck with the metallic inks and all that is simply overpriced for my taste.

His work is clearly worth what he's asking. How do I know? Because his project funded within a day. Kudos to Jody for a successful launch of a fine project. I look forward to receiving my two regular edition decks and the story (and the coin, which I'll also throw in for when that happens). I'd have liked to add the special edition to my collection, as well, but I'll have to pass for now simply because art is a matter of taste, and in this case, this artist is now able to command a price higher than I am inclined to pay. At least, for this project.
This space intentionally left blank.
shaitani
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Unread post by shaitani »

I did the opposite to you guys, I pledged for the Signature edition by itself because I'm not a huge fan of the regular edition tucks or the diptych they form whereas in past projects I enjoyed the appearance of all three tucks.
The thing is, I might have picked up the 'Signature set' that comes in the box anyway since I've already got a few of them in my collection, buuut the pledge for just the set doesn't come with the coin anymore.
For Titans, it was $52 eb and you'd get the set and the coin.
Here, to get the equivalent set+coin you'd have to pledge $67 eb. ( $52 + ~$15)

Anyway, anyone else curious what this soft touch no-slip case is?
EndersGame
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by EndersGame »

Congratulations on the speedy funding, Jody, and another excellent project!
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

NineLives
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by NineLives »

Glad to be in for one on this project - the artwork is beautiful!
vedus

Unread post by vedus »

Got mine today. The tuck is fantastic.
Thedissident001

Unread post by Thedissident001 »

Got mine today. A long term backer of Jody Eklund, and what can I say about this? Absolutely stunning that’s what! Far and away my favourite. I went the Signature edition with soft touch slip. Tuck is sensational, artwork stunning, registration on the money. Tick, tick, tick! Thanks so much Jody!
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Jody's seems to be doing a deck of the week sale like KWP. This was announced on his BlackInkbranded IG.

Iron Horse Signature Edition is the first deck up and on sale till this Friday 2nd Dec, at $14 instead of $16. Check it out here:

https://blackinkbranded.com/collections ... re-edition