Legends Porcelain

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
PrincessTrouble
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Legends Porcelain

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

Not to be confused with the Bicycle Porcelain deck.

Porcelain Chinese Zodiac Edition

The Blue & White Porcelain deck was designed and illustrated by Shann Larsson as part of a project between the SCAD Collaborative Learning Center and the Legends Playing Card Company.

The ‘Blue & White Porcelain’ deck features hand painted and digitally refined illustrations that are inspired by traditional Chinese blue and white ceramics. To mimic this as closely as possible, we have printed Spot UV varnish over certain parts of each card back as well as the tuck box, giving the artwork a highlight and shine that enhances the color and gives the cards that extra special, yet subtle, elegant touch. We can now offer this print service to any of our customers who want a similar feature for their artwork.

Thematically, the design references the twelve animals of Chinese astrology. The zodiac animals of each face-card were individually hand painted in watercolor, with their edges digitally refined to create a clean, modern, yet subtly traditional work of art. Pattern like abstractions both construct the face-cards and serve as decorative embellishments to the tuck. The deck's geometric and organic forms also draw inspiration from modern Scandinavian porcelain.

The deck is a fusion of east and west, much like the city from which the deck was born – Hong Kong. The home of Legends Playing Card Co., bring you a new standard to playing card quality and innovation.

Printed in a limited print-run of around 1,000 decks, this is a truly special piece of art and design that you can hold in your hands!
pstaehlin
Decks Owned: 0

Re: Legends Porcelain

Unread post by pstaehlin »

Wow! The fanning of these are really beautiful. Looking forward to seeing more pics.
jsantafe

Unread post by jsantafe »

Looks really great
JS

Every deck I open makes your sealed one more valuable. You're welcome.
Stepchild
Decks Owned: 146

Unread post by Stepchild »

There are a couple more photos at the Legends website, including one of the aces. At $10 a deck this is an easy yes for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Stepchild wrote:There are a couple more photos at the Legends website, including one of the aces. At $10 a deck this is an easy yes for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I wish that Legends had a coupon or something. I'm stockpiling quite a few decks in my cart. :shock:
EndersGame
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by EndersGame »

pstaehlin wrote:Wow! The fanning of these are really beautiful. Looking forward to seeing more pics.
This is a beautiful deck, and even though it has UV spot printing on all the cards, it still handles well and looks lovely. It tunred out to be far nicer than I'd expected actually.

In case anyone is interested, I've put together a more detailed review with more pictures and information over here:

Pictorial Review: Emerald finish decks from Legends PCC - Hong Kong Playing Cards & Porcelain Playing Cards

Enjoy!
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=