Alexandre Dumas Classics' Playing Cards live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
BfPC
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: Alexandre Dumas Classics' Playing Cards live on KS

Unread post by BfPC »

Bradius wrote:Well, you could do some very old ones by Homer: The Odyessy and The Illiad, or the Egyptian Book of the Dead. That said, I can't argue with any of those listed.
I second The Odyssey, it certainly deserves a deck so I'll add it to my list of options. I've never heard of Book of the Dead before but I looked it up. It's also an interesting theme to explore though probably in another kind of series. It somewhat reminds me of The Divine Comedy. I think that this kind of works are good enough for series of their own or to be stand alone decks since the themes they cover are so wide and specific at the same time
rousselle wrote:You could also go for Ultra Modern. Allow me to suggest one of the unsung triumphs of ultra modern literature: 52 Shades of Grey.

:lol:

Okay, okay. In all seriousness, I do think that Alice has been done to death, and would recommend against that choice.
50 shades of brown more like it :P with all my respects to anyone that likes it...
that's true, Alice is probably one of the books that has more adaptations. Aside from that, if I have anything to say in the matter, she doesn't stand a chance against Dracula even if I initially added it to the options list
Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
portcullis
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

Hmm, so my guess at the theme was wrong .

The Divine Comedy & Alice in Wonderland have both been done to death. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great theme, there's only so many ways it can be presented tho. I love the Beowulf idea. Similarly I'd like to see a Chanson de Roland deck.
BfPC
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by BfPC »

portcullis wrote:Hmm, so my guess at the theme was wrong .

The Divine Comedy & Alice in Wonderland have both been done to death. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great theme, there's only so many ways it can be presented tho. I love the Beowulf idea. Similarly I'd like to see a Chanson de Roland deck.

I can see where you could get that idea from, I think I might be secretly obsessed with France since all my decks are traced back to it in one way or another. I agree with you on that, the Divine Comedy is just an amazing theme to do adaptations so it's no wonder that it has been done to death. I'm glad that you like Beowulf :) What do you think about the others I chose?
Chanson de Roland is a good option as well, though it lacks ladies :(
Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
BfPC
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by BfPC »

DSCN2667.JPG
The decks arrived yesterday at Keen Hong and international fulfillment will start shortly, while the remaining decks have also been sent to Gamblers' Warehouse for the US and Canada fulfillment. Finally
happy dance.gif
happy dance.gif (470.18 KiB) Viewed 1258 times
Hope you had a Merry Christmas