Cardistry [by Bocopo] --- Live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Azid

Cardistry [by Bocopo] --- Live on KS

Unread post by Azid »

shaitani
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Re: Cardistry [by Bocopo] --- Live on KS

Unread post by shaitani »

Very reminiscent of the virts decks.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

This is the third KS campaign in a row from these guys... On their previous campaigns there was no meaningful updates or comments from them...

I think I've heard the company name somewhere in the past, but either way I wouldn't put my money on them for sure... Not unless I saw one project fulfilled first...
Azid

Unread post by Azid »

I like it.
Somehow the Jack of Spades is missing the 2 Spade Pips....

Bocopo is going excessive over the last 2 month.
12 Constellation decks
3 Planet decks -> Bicycle Lunar,Mars,Neptune Collection (Don't know how much will follow..)
1 Masterpieces deck

i hope they will slow down a bit because this is going to a pain for my wallet :roll:

@sms69x:
They did some decks in the past without Kickstarter:
Love Art: 2 decks
Marry Me: 2 decks
Skull Luxury Edition: 1 deck
Magic Notebook: 8 decks
Templar: 2 decks
Art of Cardistry: 1 deck
maybe some more, but thats what i remeber
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

Azid wrote: @sms69x:
They did some decks in the past without Kickstarter:
Love Art: 2 decks
Marry Me: 2 decks
Skull Luxury Edition: 1 deck
Magic Notebook: 8 decks
Templar: 2 decks
Art of Cardistry: 1 deck
maybe some more, but thats what i remeber
Thank you Azid for the info. I remember them from the Art of Cardistry...
Either way, using KS as a store is something that I will never support... (As clearly they are not using KS to get involved with the community, is just a lazy way to not get any risk with their business)..
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

sms69x wrote:This is the third KS campaign in a row from these guys... On their previous campaigns there was no meaningful updates or comments from them...

I think I've heard the company name somewhere in the past, but either way I wouldn't put my money on them for sure... Not unless I saw one project fulfilled first...
Bocopo is a HK based company that has been around for a while and as Azid says, have produced a number of decks previously. The three projects that Bocopo has/had on KS will definitely be fulfilled since most, if not all the decks are printed. For example, I just picked up some of the Constellation decks (Leo, Taurus, Libra and Virgo) and the Masterpiece decks...the Bicycle Lunar Mars Neptune Collection is going on sale tomorrow night.

The Constellation decks were done in conjunction with Magic Square (a HK magic shop) and there was some communication on that project (I believe that the final 4 decks were just finished), but I think that the other two projects were done by themselves with little or no communication during the projects.

Bocopo is definitely using KS as a marketing tool to get their decks out in the public eye, but as the decks are being printed while the campaign is underway, I am not sure whether it is a true violation of KS polices (anyways, there are definitely people who are worse than this). In the end, I don't think you should worry about getting decks from Bocopo and as I mentioned in another post, I appreciate that they are putting out Bicycle branded decks for 9-11USD shipped in the US. :ugthink:
Attachments
Bocopo decks.jpeg
Bocopo decks.jpeg (107 KiB) Viewed 762 times
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
flashcards
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by flashcards »

I just received my decks today. Beautiful USPCC production. Nothing quite feels the same. As shaitani said, these are very reminiscent of the Virts decks but since the Virts haven't come out with a 2017 deck so far, these kind of fill the gap. The geometric shapes of the backs and courts are well executed; much better than most of the crap minimalist cardistry decks that we are used to seeing. I like the circle in the center of both sides of the cards. It's a real help for someone like me who is still trying to learn how to spin a card on a finger. Yeah, the tuck is pretty basic but with the shapes and color scheme, embossing would have been a waste although some foil could have taken it to the next level. These are working decks so card quality was of primary importance and they nailed that. All in all, not bad for $20 shipped for two decks. Oh, and they are "Limited Edtions". Only 5,000 made :lol:

BTW, The term "Limited Edition" has just about lost all meaning and certainly becomes less important to me every time I hear it. Of course, I'm just a low end collector but once the LE spell loses it's power over you, you can start saving a bunch of money.