Site Admin
Site Admin
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

"Not So Perfect" sale at Art of Play

Unread post by rousselle »

Hi, all.

I received an e-mail from Art of Play announcing that they are having a scratch and dent sale. Decks that haven't been opened, but the tucks are slightly damaged are $7 each. Decks that may or may not have been opened, with the tucks obviously damaged, but the cards inside are just fine are $5 each. Decks opened, and cards possibly gone through (maybe even not in factory order) are $2 each. You don't get to pick the decks; they are chosen randomly.

Ellusionist had a similar kind of sale a year or two ago, and I was happy with the results. At $2 per deck, you can't really go wrong. I decided to throw in for a bunch of $2 and a bunch of $5. Yes, shipping is extra.

https://www.artofplay.com/products/the- ... rfect-sale
This space intentionally left blank.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Re: "Not So Perfect" sale at Art of Play

Unread post by ecNate »

Looks like all the seconds are now sold out. I was willing to take a chance and get 10 or so for $2 each, but paying $5 or $7 for random decks that I may already have or not even want, especially since re-selling will be a challenge due to condition. No thanks. I'm betting they will have a hard time with those unless they come out and say what's actually there or let people pick.

Thanks for the notice though, I guess I was just too late. :(
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

At this point, looks like all the "Seconds" at $2 and the "Workers" at $5 (the bottom two tiers) are sold out, and the only ones left are the "Not So Perfect" decks at $7.
This space intentionally left blank.
EndersGame
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by EndersGame »

Giving people a chance to get some ding-and-dent but otherwise good quality decks at a sharply discounted price is a great idea.

I recently received an order of around a dozen decks from Art of Play and was very impressed with them.

I've posted a detailed review and some images over here: The Art of Play: A paradise for lovers of playing cards
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=