Mondrian Playing Cards

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
gotmagic
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 3400

Mondrian Playing Cards

Unread post by gotmagic »

Hi everyone!

I am excited to announce that Mondrian Playing Cards will be releasing tomorrow (March 7th) at 10 AM PST on gotmagicshop.com.

This deck has been described by many people as the best handling deck in their collection and excited to get these into your hands!!

Please see some images below.

Here is the description from our site as well:

Mondrian Playing Cards are a modern rendition with direct inspiration taken from Piet Mondrian. Manufactured by The United States Playing Card Company. Printed on crushed Bee® stock, a dream feel for any card handler. The back design features an abstract of primary colors with horizontal and vertical lines. The simple and clean Mondrian design is distinctly recognizable The face cards are enhanced with custom Mondrian blue, yellow and red. The ace of spades is also a work of art. Sharp angles with the Mondrian design inside the spade give it an edgy look while still being elegant.

These cards are perfect for true collectors, magicians, cardists and poker players as all the cards are standard and easily recognizable.

We spared no expense to create the beautifully designed, flawless tuck-case! Printed on synthetic soft-touch paper for a unique luxury feel. Complete with a sculpted matte silver foil of the original signature of Piet Mondrian! The interior of the tuck is lined with matte silver foil.

This deck is a limited edition with only 5000 decks printed. After they sell out, they will never be printed again.

Designed by Nicholas Earl and Toomas Pintson.
Attachments
Mondrian-image1.jpg
Mondrian-image3.jpg
Mondrian-image5.jpg
TGunitedcardists

Re: Mondrian Playing Cards

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

gotmagic wrote: These cards are perfect for true collectors, magicians, cardists and poker players as all the cards are standard and easily recognizable.
What's a "true collector"? :roll:
gotmagic
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

"What's a "true collector"?"

Anybody that appreciates quality playing cards :D
TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

gotmagic wrote:"What's a "true collector"?"

Anybody that appreciates quality playing cards :D
Does this deck meet the quality label? You've shown the tuck and two jokers. Your chance to make a first impression failed with copyspeak and the lack of more images.

"True" collectors, to use your term, which I don't agree with, because it sounds snobby, elitist and silly, often appreciate what inside the box, the cards, as well as outside. Many collectors are also interested if the cards have custom courts, or not. Custom aces, or not. Your marketing has not answered these questions.

I see colorful rectangles under the guise of effort. I tend to purchase decks that I couldn't possibly make on my own. Unfortunately, your deck does not qualify under my "false" collector guidelines, I guess.

Finally, a "true" collector isn't swayed to purchase when the seller says, "This deck is a limited edition with only 5000 decks printed. After they sell out, they will never be printed again." because 5000 decks is a massive run compared to what "true" collectors usually encounter.

Hard pass.
jsantafe

Unread post by jsantafe »

I've never found myself thinking: "those are too many pictures of a deck", but still think that it really looks awesome. I like Mondrian very much and this captures the style.
I always wish for custom courts or at least custom coloring but I'm guessing it didn't happen here.
I rarely am offended by marketing descriptions besides E, I work in the field and a little "epic" is usually needed.
Although some bullet point addressing the frequent collectors questions is more than welcome.
JS

Every deck I open makes your sealed one more valuable. You're welcome.
JuFiN
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by JuFiN »

I think it looks really good... hopefully custom courts to match.

Edit: it says standard right there... probably a pass for me as well then depending on price.
gotmagic
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

jsantafe wrote:I've never found myself thinking: "those are too many pictures of a deck", but still think that it really looks awesome. I like Mondrian very much and this captures the style.
I always wish for custom courts or at least custom coloring but I'm guessing it didn't happen here.
I rarely am offended by marketing descriptions besides E, I work in the field and a little "epic" is usually needed.
Although some bullet point addressing the frequent collectors questions is more than welcome.
Thank you! The court cards have custom colors (bright blue, red, and yellow). The deck also has a custom ace. The bright red is implemented in the hearts and diamonds as well.
Oscar53955

Re: Mondrian Playing Cards (wap)

Unread post by Oscar53955 »

I don't think it's for a "true collector." It's definitely more for Cardistry. Standard faces. Noticed that the court cards are similar to the Cardistry-Con 2016 Deck. 5000 printed is definitely not rare. I'm a collector and I'm passing on this. Nothing too special from a collector's point of view. And $15 price tag is a little too much for me. Not because I can't afford it but for the quality of the deck.
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

It's the Partridge Family deck! lol

Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
gotmagic
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

@TGunitedcardists

Sorry, guess the cards aren't for you. Can't please everyone.