GOLDEN OATH playing cards by Lotrek

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Bruno
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 0

Re: GOLDEN OATH playing cards by Lotrek

Unread post by Bruno »

Those who can, do.
Those who cannot, hyperventilate ....
Those who advocate calumny and deflection may go master their sorry selves, in private.

Let us collect, or no, but spare us yer synthetic sincerity.

Discuss.
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
Conturbia
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Conturbia »

I'm happy to receive Lotrek's decks, I have several of them in my collection and I'm proud of them. So far, I received all the decks I have pledged for and I like them. That's the only thing that matters for me. If I'm not wrong I was supposed to receive tracking info a couple of days ago and now I read here that there will be a delay. Well, I'm not upset or worried, I will just wait the new deadline. :)
Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by Justin O. »

pablo19 wrote:Some of the comments here seem a bit harsh.
I think Lotrek get's the most allowances from this community out of all of the creators that make mistakes. I have seen much worse for much less. I think Lotrek has justifiably earned himself a reputation for being unreliable in delivery, right next to the reputation he has earned for quality. Both are equally earned, both are equally valid. Both are to be expected from his projects
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Justin O. wrote:
I think Lotrek get's the most allowances from this community out of all of the creators that make mistakes. I have seen much worse for much less. I think Lotrek has justifiably earned himself a reputation for being unreliable in delivery, right next to the reputation he has earned for quality. Both are equally earned, both are equally valid. Both are to be expected from his projects
I agree. Which is why I've been saying for years now that he should PRINT the decks before he sells them. He will not be creating decks in vain because we will buy every last one of them so money shouldn't be an issue. Golden OATH was almost that but hopefully his next projects will have a few less early leaks/teasers until the decks are 100% ready-to-go.
Bikefanatic
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I agree 100% about a deck being 100% ready to go. All the bugs, kinks, mistakes, extras can be added and tried out before announcing the project so on release date, it's perfect.

This may been mentioned but Randy Butterfield is great at this. Having the release date, order the cards, get a tracking number and boom, get your decks already.

I understand artist want to have their work best as possible. For us collectors, buyers, etc. we don't need to know the whole process of the deck being created. Some designers want us to feel like we're witnessing the creative process or the magic happening during or before something is funded but it's not always necessary. The final product is what matters. No problem with showing us the proofs or actual tuck cases but that's when the deck is near completion.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Bikefanatic wrote:For us collectors, buyers, etc. we don't need to know the whole process of the deck being created. Some designers want us to feel like we're witnessing the creative process or the magic happening during or before something is funded but it's not always necessary. The final product is what matters. No problem with showing us the proofs or actual tuck cases but that's when the deck is near completion.
I'd rather have updates like Gio's or Lorenzo's, and others creators, so I know the project is moving along and get to see any changes they make for the better. No updates cause me concern.
Move on, nothing to see here.
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Justin O. wrote:
Unfortunately, I agree 100%. My goal is to keep the reputation of quality only and get rid of the other one. The main reason for my problems is that there is no playing card industry in Greece. So I have to supervise almost everything but still, problems may occur. For which I don't know where they came from. For example, in Liturgy Treasure I had no problem in varnishing the foiled back. In Golden Oath, I had. I used exactly the same foil, same quality stock, same foiling workshop. No idea what happened. So I had to go through this crazy "hand sealing" process. Tomorrow I'm getting the cut decks and I'll start preparing packages for Friday.

But all of you who say I must have the decks 100% ready before I announce the sale, are totally right. This is what I plan to do from my next self-funded deck. It's an OATH! :lol:
"Bite more than you can chew and then chew it"

----------------------------------------------------------
fb: https://www.facebook.com/oathplayingcards/
twitter:@OathPCC
shaitani
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Unread post by shaitani »

Lotrek wrote:This is what I plan to do from my next self-funded deck. It's an OATH! :lol:
Plans and promises. You're scaring me Lotrek. :D
Cardician_82

Unread post by Cardician_82 »

Did anyone receive tracking from Lotrek?

Friday March 31st has come and gone unless it's still Friday in Greece (somehow).

Guess the April Fool's joke is on us. What's going to be the excuse this weekend...?
pablo19

Unread post by pablo19 »

Cardician_82 wrote:Did anyone receive tracking from Lotrek?

Friday March 31st has come and gone unless it's still Friday in Greece (somehow).

Guess the April Fool's joke is on us. What's going to be the excuse this weekend...?
Mike made an announcement that Lotrek has come down with a case of pneumonia.
Cardician_82

Looking at the thread, nowhere is it mentioned by ANYONE that Lotrek has come down with pneumonia. I understand the severity of this infection and wish him well, but this information should be coming directly from Lotrek himself if it involves the completion and shipments of already purchased decks. I understand Mike may be involved with Lotrek on a consist basis, but he's not in Greece working beside him and/or can tell us when completion and shipment will commence.

And you think he got a lung infection from hand-varnishing each sheet?? I'm sure if your handling/inhaling any kinda chemicals your immune system is going to fail and bound to come down with something.

Never ending story with this creators decks...
Conturbia
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Conturbia »

pablo19 wrote:
Cardician_82 wrote:Did anyone receive tracking from Lotrek?

Mike made an announcement that Lotrek has come down with a case of pneumonia.
Oh, that's bad... is the announcement here on UC?
Bruno

Re: Lotrek has pneumonia and is in hospital (construct)

Unread post by Bruno »

You make accusations of lying, misrepresentation and fraud ?
You simply set yourself up as an insufferable fool ?

You defraud yourself.

*sighs*

Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

Riccardo yes .... see site announcments thread via Board index

RichK

Unread post by RichK »

Cardician_82 wrote:Looking at the thread, nowhere is it mentioned by ANYONE that Lotrek has come down with pneumonia. I understand the severity of this infection and wish him well, but this information should be coming directly from Lotrek himself if it involves the completion and shipments of already purchased decks. I understand Mike may be involved with Lotrek on a consist basis, but he's not in Greece working beside him and/or can tell us when completion and shipment will commence.

And you think he got a lung infection from hand-varnishing each sheet?? I'm sure if your handling/inhaling any kinda chemicals your immune system is going to fail and bound to come down with something.

Never ending story with this creators decks...
Give Lotrek a break Cardician_82! The man is a perfectionist always pushing the envelope for the best cards possible. If you can't be patient with a man who has to deal with 12 different vendors to create a deck of cards, I asked him in a message and he told me, of which most of them he oversees their work so it's not screwed up then don't buy a deck from him.

Read the pneumonia info here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9769.
Cardician_82

RichK wrote: Give Lotrek a break Cardician_82! The man is a perfectionist always pushing the envelope for the best cards possible. If you can't be patient with a man who has to deal with 12 different vendors to create a deck of cards, I asked him in a message and he told me, of which most of them he oversees their work so it's not screwed up then don't buy a deck from him.

Read the pneumonia info here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9769.
I think you mean, be patient with a man who still has 12 different decks to produce & fulfill to his LOYAL customers that have been waiting patiently with him on more than one occasion.

Like I said early, I did not know Lotrek had come down with an infection that put him in the hospital. Maybe that update should've been given to in this thread instead of Mike creating a new thread on a different index board. Would've helped me and some others.

Lastly, I respect all Lotrek does for the card community, but when something is purchased directly from his website and it's not stated anywhere it's a "pre-order" then customers have every right to question statements made from the creator himself on this board.
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

Condemnation for perfection you yourself are incapable of producing.
How patently insufferable you must be to your own self.

edit.
Next it will be requesting reason from others in the face of your initial lack of it.
You want reason ?
Look for it from yourself then.

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

I guess that I assume too much. Most of us long timers use the "New Posts" function to keep up, and I didn't think it was appropriate to post that note in two, three or four places, so I put it where it made the most sense to me.

Lotrek & I are business partners, so I do keep up on an almost daily basis. The Dondorf #1000 restoration is the first of what is hopefully many classic decks to come from Chromografix, our collaboration.

One thing he didn't really point out is that he's truly a one man band, and dependant on things working correctly. Some really minor things that anyone else would ignore (or not even notice) have caused delays and reprints where anyone else would have let it go.

Perfection birders on lunacy at times.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Cardician_82 wrote:Like I said early, I did not know Lotrek had come down with an infection that put him in the hospital. Maybe that update should've been given to in this thread instead of Mike creating a new thread on a different index board. Would've helped me and some others.
No offence, but if you frequent an internet forum and never check a section called "Announcements", then you're doing it wrong.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Guys, I'm back!

My pneumonia is cured, however the doctor said I still have to be very careful and most important I have to rest. I will but first I had to send the Golden Oath decks 8-)

All decks were sent today and tracking numbers will be provided on request. I'm just too tired to do it for all this time, so if you want your tracking# just send me an email.

Thank you for being once more so patient with me. I hope you'll find the shiny foiled babies worth the wait!

PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

Got my shipping notice. Thanks, Lotrek, and take some time to recuperate!
Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by Justin O. »

Same, just recieved. Can't wait. Like PT said, take a minute to breathe and take care of yourself, our wallets could use a minute as well =P
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

:ugdance: :ugdance: :ugdance: :ugdance:

Bikefanatic

Seeing the tracking notification in the email made my day! The best looking cards yet , I hope on the future making cards will be very easy for you. I'm still waiting on numerous previous decks so I hope those will come out next month.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Great to have you back Lotrek! Rest well! :D
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Bikefanatic wrote:Seeing the tracking notification in the email made my day! The best looking cards yet , I hope on the future making cards will be very easy for you. I'm still waiting on numerous previous decks so I hope those will come out next month.
No, not next month. I'm leaving tomorrow for a week (Easter holidays) and as soon as I get back I'll start fulfilling the pending projects. April is the month (fingers crossed). :)

shaitani
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Unread post by shaitani »

Lotrek wrote:
Bikefanatic wrote:Seeing the tracking notification in the email made my day! The best looking cards yet , I hope on the future making cards will be very easy for you. I'm still waiting on numerous previous decks so I hope those will come out next month.
No, not next month. I'm leaving tomorrow for a week (Easter holidays) and as soon as I get back I'll start fulfilling the pending projects. April is the month (fingers crossed). :)
Do what you gotta do my man. There are several things that take priority over cards, and we're not going anywhere.
Bikefanatic

Would be nice to have them all before the end of the month though it's in the middle now but having them around mid May would be nice nice. We'll see.

-Lotrek

sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

This is the best news I had in a couple of weeks!!

Great to know you're better... Now without any pressure, remember, you still have lot of projects to finish... :ugdance:
RichK

Unread post by RichK »

Lotrek wrote:
Don't over do anything and get sick again. Got my notice for Oath so that's one down, x to go. Enjoy Easter!