Innovation Signature Blue Edition by Jody Eklund

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Innovation Signature Blue Edition by Jody Eklund

Unread post by vasta41 »

Since this will be a KS I decided to start a new thread. Per a KS update:
I have a special project coming up here really soon. Behind the scenes, I have been producing a very special deck. In 2015 I launched and successfully funded Innovation Playing Cards. The Signature deck in the series was a HUGE success, so much so, that my supplies are very low. So, I decided to print the signature deck volume II, The Innovation Signature Blue Edition. Take a look...
This is a self-funded deck. The decks are already produced. 1000 were printed, but I held 500 back, numbered them and put them in this special limited case that is only made for this deck.
On March 21, 2017, I will be launching a very short Kickstarter (15 days) to fund this very limited deck and it will be delivered by May of 2017.
So, let me know what you all think and until next time!
TGunitedcardists

Re: Innovation Signature Blue Edition by Jody Eklund

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

This is a self-funded deck. The decks are already produced. 1000 were printed, but I held 500 back, numbered them and put them in this special limited case that is only made for this deck.
On March 21, 2017, I will be launching a very short Kickstarter (15 days) to fund this very limited deck and it will be delivered by May of 2017.
Isn't this project in violation of Kickstarter rules? Seems like you're running a Kickstarter instead of just selling through you own website?

https://www.kickstarter.com/blog/kickst ... ore?page=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Today we're introducing a number of changes to reinforce that Kickstarter isn’t a store —
Why don't you link to your website and sell them there, in addition to saving the Kickstarter percentage?
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

TGunitedcardists wrote:
Isn't this project in violation of Kickstarter rules? Seems like you're running a Kickstarter instead of just selling through you own website?

https://www.kickstarter.com/blog/kickst ... ore?page=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Today we're introducing a number of changes to reinforce that Kickstarter isn’t a store —
Why don't you link to your website and sell them there, in addition to saving the Kickstarter percentage?
I've also been checking on why designers/creators tend to go for Kickstarter rather than selling via their online store. There is anecdotal evidence that projects on Kickstarter tend to receive more pledges in a fixed duration than if the same product was sold for a similar price point through some store.

To your other question, I'd like to reproduce the response by @MagikFingerz ;)
MagikFingerz wrote: This is nothing new. It has happened before, and it will happen again. Kickstarter doesn't give a flying monkey poop about broken rules.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

guru wrote:To your other question, I'd like to reproduce the response by @MagikFingerz
MagikFingerz wrote: This is nothing new. It has happened before, and it will happen again. Kickstarter doesn't give a flying monkey poop about broken rules.
Just to add to that; I, personally, think slightly less of designers/producers who do this, because it shows me they would rather get more coverage leading to more cash up front, than to pass on the savings from not using KS to their customers/fans/followers. Yes, we all know everyone's end goal is to make money, but there's always a balance between cash grabs and doing what's best for your customers.

TL:DR - it doesn't bother me that it happens, but it does change my impression of those who do it.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by jodyeklund »

Ok, I saw this thread and just wanted to clarify. No Kickstarter rules are being broken. I mis-spoke when I said this is "Self-Funded". I have not paid for anything yet. I just got the ball rolling with producing the deck before going to Kickstarter (to be able to ship the decks sooner). This is a special run for all those who collect special and unique decks. Once the 500 decks are sold, the case will not be reproduced again. I had to print at least 1000 and so the other 500 will be sold outside of Kickstarter without the number and unique case.

One other note: I do my best to accommodate all of those who look forward to what I come up with, but I do realize I can't please everyone and don't try. I think, up to this point, I have proven my metal with all of you. Thank you all for your continued support of my projects. It means a lot to me.

Jody
pstaehlin
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by pstaehlin »

jodyeklund wrote:Ok, I saw this thread and just wanted to clarify. No Kickstarter rules are being broken. I mis-spoke when I said this is "Self-Funded". I have not paid for anything yet. I just got the ball rolling with producing the deck before going to Kickstarter (to be able to ship the decks sooner). This is a special run for all those who collect special and unique decks. Once the 500 decks are sold, the case will not be reproduced again. I had to print at least 1000 and so the other 500 will be sold outside of Kickstarter without the number and unique case.

One other note: I do my best to accommodate all of those who look forward to what I come up with, but I do realize I can't please everyone and don't try. I think, up to this point, I have proven my metal with all of you. Thank you all for your continued support of my projects. It means a lot to me.

Jody

Jody,
Keep up the great work, man. I, for one, certainly appreciate and enjoy the design and work you do to create these great decks.
...I just wish my pockets were deeper! :)
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Live! Updated OP.

There is no option to pledge for a regular deck which is very disappointing. So the only way to get the deck is to folk over $30 which includes a case I don't want. I love the deck but will have to pass for now... hoping a "regular" edition will be available soon. I'm going to add this to my very short list of recolors I wanted to buy but didn't once I saw the (unnecessary) price tag. Also in that list- Red Jokers & Thieves.
th4mo

Unread post by th4mo »

jodyeklund wrote:I think, up to this point, I have proven my metal with all of you.
Jody
Metal.jpg
Metal.jpg (148.73 KiB) Viewed 666 times
I think this is how you prove your Metal! :D
Keep it Sizzlin'!
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Jody just posted on IG that he found 1 brick each of the Innovation Signature and Innovation Blue edition. Now on sale for $13 each on his site. Original is $16. Great deal for those who missed them.
kasuma99
White Whale: Dynasty Black deck by Florey
Decks Owned: 666

Unread post by kasuma99 »

thank you!
I mostly collect Stockholm17 and always looking for any S17 New/Opened decks/ accessories: Brick Boxes, prints, coins, Pins, ect... If you have some weird small thing and want to trade/sell please let me know! If you are also a fan and have free time to chat, feel free to send me a PM!
P52: https://portfolio52.com/profile/20009
Instargram: https://www.instagram.com/kasuma99/
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/kasuma9999
Up to date sale list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Adamthinks
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Adamthinks »

Eric Lee wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:25 am Jody just posted on IG that he found 1 brick each of the Innovation Signature and Innovation Blue edition. Now on sale for $13 each on his site. Original is $16. Great deal for those who missed them.
Thanks for the heads up.