Honeybee V2 by Penguin Magic

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Collector: Yes

Re: Honeybee V2 by Penguin Magic - Kickstarter - Now Live

Unread post by shermjack »

EndersGame wrote:
Bruno wrote:Only 3 more days EG .... !
Survey sometime later.
I was not referring to the MetalLuxe edition, which still has 3 more days of funding, but to the Honeybees V2 Playing Cards, for which funding ended on March 17th.

That's almost 7 weeks ago - are surveys for that supposed to have gone out yet?
There was an update by on Apr 22 saying that Penguin expected digital proofs from USPCC soon and afterwards, if OK, the decks would go into production, which would take a few weeks and then they would be at Penguin's warehouse for shipping. But, on Apr 27, Alex Chin sent out an email saying that his Luxury Apothecary Cards are delayed due to a delay in the USPCC production queue, which apparently is for all projects. Alex was supposed to deliver in March and now scheduled to deliver sometime this month.

Based on this, I would assume that Penguin will not have the decks until June or July and thus wouldn't expect a survey until Penguin is more certain of a delivery date from USPCC. The closer to the actual delivery date that Penguin can collect mailing addresses, the better just in case people move.

Hopefully Penguin will give us an update soon, maybe with the end of the Honeybee Metalluxe campaign.
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Reylek
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Magician: Yes

Unread post by Reylek »

Hey guys. Yup, you will always find the latest official news sent out as updates on the campaigns. I'm not able to hit the forums quite as often as I'd like these days.

You can always feel free to send a message through Kickstarter and we'll answer ASAP. Surveys will be sent out with plenty of time to spare. As mentioned in the thread, the earlier the surveys happen, the more chance for confusion and edits with address changes so it makes sense to wait a little bit.

It does appear that USPCC is a bit behind their usual turnaround time - very surprising that we have not gotten our proofs yet as they are typically able to turn them around much more quickly than this.

Whether you've backed the V2 campaign, MetalLuxe campaign, or both we're eager to get all items into everyone's hands as quickly as we can.

Thanks!
Azid

Unread post by Azid »

Yesterday i got my Honeybee Special Edition but i'm not that excited. :?
It's NOT about the project itself or the design, but this time USPCC failed with their MetalLuxe technology.
Look at the pictures..
Maybe i got a bad deck....., how are your Honeybee's ?

vedus

Unread post by vedus »

Eeep. I hope they're not all like that.

I regretted not getting these. I'm feeling better about that decision right now.
Azazaaz
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: CERN
Decks Owned: 900

Unread post by Azazaaz »

Azid wrote:Yesterday i got my Honeybee Special Edition but i'm not that excited. :?
It's NOT about the project itself or the design, but this time USPCC failed with their MetalLuxe technology.
Look at the pictures..
Maybe i got a bad deck....., how are your Honeybee's ?
Mine is like yours. Maybe we both got bad decks?
Alex
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

That's a damn shame cuz this might be the best use of MetalLuxe on a deck so far.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Wow! :shock: That's pretty bad! :evil: Wonder what Penguin/USPCC has to say about this?
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Bikefanatic
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

vasta41 wrote:That's a damn shame cuz this might be the best use of MetalLuxe on a deck so far.
I still like this deck, very minor problem to me of what's shown above but I wasn't impressed with the Metalluxe.

I think the best usage of it is the gold Monarchs. Having too much of it doesn't made it pop, there needs to the right, medium amount.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
RDC

Re: Honeybee V2 by Penguin Magic

Unread post by RDC »

The one deck I opened does not exhibit that problem.
Reylek
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Re: Honeybee V2 by Penguin Magic

Unread post by Reylek »

Azid - thanks for posting about this.

This is the first I've heard/seen about this so far. While I have only opened one deck myself, several other team members at Penguin have opened decks, as have many backers, and I've not received any messages or comments about it. So my guess is that it is like this on only a small portion of decks.

If anyone finds any issues with this deck, or with ANY deck produced by Penguin, please let us know. Photos are very helpful, as we can pass those on to USPCC, who will be very interested in seeing them. They always want to know if things are not being produced as they should be, or if any errors are going past QC, etc. For this deck, feel free to contact via the KS messenger system. Otherwise you can go through Penguin customer service, or contact me directly at Kevin (at) penguinmagic.com and we will take care of you.

One thing that I would ask of everyone (regardless of what issue, which deck, which company, etc) is that if you do have any questions or concerns, please contact creators directly. Feel free of course to share and ask questions in the forums, but it's always best when that is in addition to direct creator contact. That way it's brought to our attention most quickly. I don't get to check the forums as often as I'd like, and had someone not posted on the KS campaign page itself about seeing this thread, I wouldn't have seen it yet. :)