Kings Wild Project, Arthurian

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
jsantafe
Collector: Yes

Re: Kings Wild Project, Arthurian -- Live on KS

Unread post by jsantafe »

Marcus wrote:With all due respect, when we can't keep a higher standard than name calling I'm going to bow out and spend my energy on better things than discussions like this.
Our loss, your opinion is quite valuable in this matter.
JS

Every deck I open makes your sealed one more valuable. You're welcome.
double_left

Unread post by double_left »

chach wrote: in the meantime ask yourself how the backers of the tactical black Tally Ho are feeling
When I read the NON-foiling issue on the Legal Tender decks and everyone's frustrations towards it, I immediately requested a refund on my legacy editions and my Tactical Edition that I have been forever patiently waiting on.

It was time to give up hope that anything was going to be made or in the process. Waiting until New Years Eve 2016 to post an update stating he was changing the design, having a hard time finding someone to make.... blah, blah blah... Same old, same old is completely unacceptable considering funding ended November 2015.

What gets me a bit ticked is that on the day of my refund (Feb 10th) he later releases an update stating "I am making a trip sometime next week to visit and work hands on with an incredible machinist to fabricate what I think is will be an even better final product than I originally concepted. Instead of aluminum we will be fabricating a tactical case out of stainless steel. I hope that it turns out like some of the initial prep work we have done hints at."

It's now April.... And what the hell does "I hope that it turns out like some of the initial prep work we have done hints at? It won't shock me if he posts an update in the next few days so he doesn't loss any more money from the 3-4 people still waiting.
Thedissident001

Unread post by Thedissident001 »

One 2x2 pledge has opened up for anyone interested
Gareth
Player: Yes

Unread post by Gareth »

Justin O. wrote:
chach wrote:
Gareth wrote: Jack$on.
This seems unnecessary.
It also seems badly quoted. Please be careful who you attribute stuff to in quotes.
pablo19
Decks Owned: 0

Re: Kings Wild Project, Arthurian -- Live on KS (wap)

Unread post by pablo19 »

feel like Jackson is trying to ger closer to the after-market price. Which makes sense, i can imagine it being annoying to price your decks conpetitively on kickstarter and then other people making money off of your work on ebay two weeks later. As for refunding Victor, apparently Jackson told him he would still get the decks, did he not say anything else? No other justification?
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Once upon a time I used to call JR Jack$on here. And it may have been due at the time but not anymore. Jackson has eared the right to charge whatever he wants. Do you know why? Because time and time again his projects get funded, well over 100%. Regardless of what we think of him here he still has a fan base that is willing to pay the high prices he asks for. He'd be missing out on money if he charged less so I say good for him.
Another notable thing is the fact that he seems to be refunding people at the drop of a dime. Now I personally HATE that "take it or leave it" attitude BUT at least he's not above holding people's money ransom while he tries to fix all his mistakes. Just another reason I don't call him Jack$on anymore.
Having said all that, does he still charge a higher price than he should be for his decks and shipping? Does he still seem to start KS projects without researching if the things he's trying to sell can even be produced? Does he still seem to act a little to laissez-faire when problems arrise? Does he still ignore criticism, due or undue, constructive or not? The overwhelming answer is yes. It's to bad he doesn't know about The Six P's: prior planning prevents piss poor performance.
Thedissident001

Curious that all backers can now add one (Camelot) display deck for $8USD. This effectively means people getting the "full" Camelot version are paying $28USD for the tuck? Or have I missed something?
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

All backers? Not just the ones who buy Camelot The Full Experience? Where did you see this?

Edit: ARGH! I see it now! An update that I hadn't noticed. ARGH!!!!! Now, I'm really, really displeased. Wish I'd seen this five minutes earlier.

Grumble, grumble.
This space intentionally left blank.
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon

Unread post by chach »

:roll:
Attachments
IMG_0265.JPG
IMG_0265.JPG (76.7 KiB) Viewed 3165 times
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
Thedissident001

I feel for you mate, i only saw THAT update this morning. Unless you are a tuck collector it was a crazy premium to pay, as interesting as it is, it ain't worth $28. Besides, I open most of my decks, which I wouldn't have been able to do with Camelot without ruining it.
jsantafe

A "display" deck should be given for free to Camelot backers, as I stated in a comment. No stretch goals or anything gift in a overfunded campaign. That's sad, and unjustified for a Kickstarter project
JS

Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

jsantafe wrote:A "display" deck should be given for free to Camelot backers, as I stated in a comment. No stretch goals or anything gift in a overfunded campaign. That's sad, and unjustified for a Kickstarter project

This is another example of the greed Jackson has. For anyone to seek free shipping or a free deck is like him selling one of his legs. It will never happen, EVER!
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

He gave free display decks once and then realized he could cash in on it.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

jerichoholic wrote:He gave free display decks once and then realized he could cash in on it.
I think the lowest price was $5 on display decks, once.
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

TGunitedcardists wrote:
jerichoholic wrote:He gave free display decks once and then realized he could cash in on it.
I think the lowest price was $5 on display decks, once.
Independence Ltd. (Continental/Crown) backers only got free display decks. Those were the days...

But those of us who pledged for the expensive Camelot deck get a JR signed key card that tells us who is on each court. Everyone else who pledged gets an unsigned one. :ugking:
Move on, nothing to see here.
Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by Justin O. »

The hate is real
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

Justin O. wrote:The hate is real
Not sure if that's the case.

For a guy that states that one of his first priorities is to provide decks at the most affordable prices, he most of the times do the opposite..
Take the Camelot edition, the deck was suppose to be a limited edition of 1000, and thus he priced the deck at that high price, but all the sudden - and because people were asking for an opportunity to get the Camelot edition, and being JR such a nice guy - he decided to offer Camelot display decks, which means that the Camelot edition is not limited anymore (sure you can say it will be limited to 2500 or so, but most of KS decks are limited even if 5000+ are produced), so the premium price asked is not justified anymore. Did the backers beneficed for this expansion of number of decks produced? NO. Did JR beneficed? SURE YES, and by alot...

So your statement is not at all suitable in this case, is just a matter of not being a fan boy, and see the situation as it is. A nice way for JR to cash alot of money without doing a thing, and in the proccess totally disrespect people that pledge for his high priced "limited" decks
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

rousselle wrote:All backers? Not just the ones who buy Camelot The Full Experience? Where did you see this?

Edit: ARGH! I see it now! An update that I hadn't noticed. ARGH!!!!! Now, I'm really, really displeased. Wish I'd seen this five minutes earlier.

Grumble, grumble.
Yep, that rubbed me the wrong way too. Not cool. Grumble.

I also dislike the video updates. Give us the meat of the update in written form and supplement with a video if you want. Don't make me go watch a video to get the information.

As for his new project manager, the jury is still out on her (at least for me). But I can say I wholeheartedly miss Marcus' involvement in KW. I at least felt listened to, even if I didn't get the answer I wanted. And I felt a lot more informed.
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

PrincessTrouble wrote:
rousselle wrote:All backers? Not just the ones who buy Camelot The Full Experience? Where did you see this?

Grumble, grumble.
Yep, that rubbed me the wrong way too. Not cool. Grumble.

I also dislike the video updates. Give us the meat of the update in written form and supplement with a video if you want. Don't make me go watch a video to get the information.

As for his new project manager, the jury is still out on her (at least for me). But I can say I wholeheartedly miss Marcus' involvement in KW. I at least felt listened to, even if I didn't get the answer I wanted. And I felt a lot more informed.

No, it wasn't cool to let others get the display deck.

Jackson said in one of his videos that he has a hard time putting in text what he can say out loud. I know it was in reaction to us backers being angry about some change he did to a card deck or lack of updates or something.

As for Delanie she needs some updating work. Sure saying "all is on track" doesn't cut it. I don't know about her messaging responses, if she or Jackson handles that. Marcus was excellent.
Move on, nothing to see here.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

"Here's a screen shot of the map showing the progress our decks are making as they sail the ocean blue."

THAT would be cool. Some project creators do this, so it can't be *too* difficult.

It's like standing in line at a Disney ride. You know you're going to be standing waiting for a long time. But, provide us with the illusion of motion, and we're totally content to wait.

(If anyone at Kings Wild is listening, I hope they'll consider this suggestion.)
This space intentionally left blank.
Stepchild
Decks Owned: 146

Unread post by Stepchild »

Straws. I am out of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

RichK wrote:No, it wasn't cool to let others get the display deck.

Jackson said in one of his videos that he has a hard time putting in text what he can say out loud. I know it was in reaction to us backers being angry about some change he did to a card deck or lack of updates or something.

As for Delanie she needs some updating work. Sure saying "all is on track" doesn't cut it. I don't know about her messaging responses, if she or Jackson handles that. Marcus was excellent.
Jackson has a hard time putting in text what he can say out loud? Really? So it's easier to set up all the equipment, shoot the video (possibly taking multiple takes in doing it), edit the video, take the time to upload it to YouTube, and then link it all to a KS update than it is to sit down and simply type a paragraph or two? Please. I think he's just trying to build up his YouTube channel by forcing us to watch his videos through KS. It's actually kind of genius in a narcissistic, it's-all-about-me-screw-the-convenience-of-my-backers kind of way.

Jackson is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't in many regards, but it's mainly self-inflicted. Take the "display" deck for instance. Initially, you could only get it by pledging for an uber-expensive tier. People will inevitably complain about not being able to get access to the display deck without taking out another mortgage. So Jackson makes one display deck available to the masses at the last second, which pleases the masses, but screws the very backers who laid out the most money for him. What he should've done was had the "display" deck available to all from the start, or not made the standard deck so inferior (for lack of a better term) than the "limited" deck, imo. He's run enough campaigns to know better, but he does this to squeeze the most money out of his backers (which he is entitled to do) instead of catering to his backers preference and convenience.

Let's take Delanie's updates as another example. Jackson has a crappy track record communicating with his backers after his campaigns end and he has their money, especially when things go wrong production-wise and he goes radio silent as the delays lengthen. So after 20 freaking campaigns, he finally commits to better communication by hiring somebody who's sole purpose is to communicate and update on a weekly basis, and all his backers are giving each other high fives and pats on the back. But then comes the stream of "updates" where all Delanie has to say is, "Welp, nothing new to say, everything is on track. See ya next week!" Which is ironic, because hardly any of Jackson's past projects have been on track. So what's better, radio silence or inane, content-less "updates" on a weekly basis? I guess I'll take the weekly "updates". Hell, if I find the updates too tripe, I can always watch videos of Jackson trying too hard to be goofy. . .
TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

sinjin7 wrote:
Jackson is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't in many regards, but it's mainly self-inflicted. Take the "display" deck for instance. Initially, you could only get it by pledging for an uber-expensive tier. People will inevitably complain about not being able to get access to the display deck without taking out another mortgage. So Jackson makes one display deck available to the masses at the last second, which pleases the masses, but screws the very backers who laid out the most money for him. What he should've done was had the "display" deck available to all from the start, or not made the standard deck so inferior (for lack of a better term) than the "limited" deck, imo. He's run enough campaigns to know better, but he does this to squeeze the most money out of his backers (which he is entitled to do) instead of catering to his backers preference and convenience.
I agree. This is correct, in spirit. For him, hitting $64,000 was also correct play, regardless if it was sketchy how the display deck rollout went, especially last minute.
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

Well ....
Besides all that stuff, I went in for my first KW project, got some, then in the midst of all the rising flak, got more ....
Compounded the advantage by adding some, then more.
I think I may have two bricks of these goodies.
I'd give youse a breakdown of the whichwhat, but who here cares ?
....'cept as ammo, pathetically.
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
jsantafe

Not sure what you're saying, but everyone here got some from KWP and still do.
That doesn't mean there's room for improvement specially y campaign management.
JS

Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

O yair, def. room fer improvement.
Know what I'm sayin'.

Marcus
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Marcus »

I can't really even see how the display decks and the actual Camelot editions can be comparable. One is a simple, white tuck with black text on it and nothing else. The other is a proper tuck case similar (but not identical) to the Escalibur edition, and on top of that, an actual extra case that is made to look like a book with gilded pages. (Sure, we can play the "but he has failed to deliver on those special thingies in the past" card here, but this is what he is aiming to do, and since he has made prototypes already I expect these to come out the way he plans.)

If anyone feel upset about the display decks being available to everyone and not just the Camelot backers, by all means - everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But claiming it was done "last minute" or "last second" and calling it "sketchy" (actual quotes here, guys) is quite the stretch. JR sent out an update to everyone mentioning it both in the headline and the actual update, and it was done on March 17th - 18 whole days before the campaign ended. That's 25,920 last minutes, or 1,555,200 last seconds, and clearly communicated to everyone concerned.

If discussions could be kept at a more reasonable and less hyperbole level everyone involved would benefit.

(To those expressing kind words about my time there - I appreciate it very much and it warms this old man's heart.)
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Marcus wrote:If discussions could be kept at a more reasonable and less hyperbole level everyone involved would benefit.
While everything else you said may be right, until Jackson actually communicates with us here, our discussions can be as "unreasonable" or "hyperbolic" as we want. Because there are still many questions we all have about his recent decisions that are unanswered to this point. Now Jackson doesn't need to come here and explain himself if he doesn't want to but he has caused a lot of backer frustration and without hearing it from the horses mouth we have nothing else to do but speculate. Suggesting any sort of censorship on this matter is preposterous IMO. Jackson is in a different boat than these two guys but if it weren't for this outspoken forum we might never have seen the Mana Sybl decks OR a refund for Imperium. I don't expect Jackson to just stop and change everything he's doing just to appease us but my point is I believe that everyone here benefits when we are outspoken (on matters of playing cards).
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

Yesyes.
But could we excise the blowhardy fabricated critiquing, the insipid weasely whining and moaning, and the leave right out the dangerous underlying subtext of **contempt from some ?
Says more about the posters themselves than anything Jackson could willingly/unwillingly propose.

edit.
** insert >absolute< as neccessary.

Marcus
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Marcus »

vasta41 wrote:
Marcus wrote:If discussions could be kept at a more reasonable and less hyperbole level everyone involved would benefit.
While everything else you said may be right, until Jackson actually communicates with us here, our discussions can be as "unreasonable" or "hyperbolic" as we want. Because there are still many questions we all have about his recent decisions that are unanswered to this point. Now Jackson doesn't need to come here and explain himself if he doesn't want to but he has caused a lot of backer frustration and without hearing it from the horses mouth we have nothing else to do but speculate. Suggesting any sort of censorship on this matter is preposterous IMO. Jackson is in a different boat than these two guys but if it weren't for this outspoken forum we might never have seen the Mana Sybl decks OR a refund for Imperium. I don't expect Jackson to just stop and change everything he's doing just to appease us but my point is I believe that everyone here benefits when we are outspoken (on matters of playing cards).
You're free to be as reasonable or unreasonable (your word) as you prefer. My point is that when discussions fall to the level of not even being factual anymore, nobody walks away a winner. There is nothing to be gained from that. Calling it censorship when someone asks for a more level-headed discussion climate is the only thing preposterous here. One can state the opinion that making display decks available to everyone feels unfair to Camelot edition backers without letting it devolve into claims about how it was done in a sketchy way or last minute when it clearly was not.

We can make our points, express our opinions be they positive or negative about decks and companies here without resorting to things that ruin the actual climate of the conversations, like the things I've previously pointed out. That is not censorship - it's reason.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.