Page 1 of 7

Kings Wild Project, Arthurian -- Live on KS

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:57 pm
by pstaehlin


Oh look here! :drool:

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:10 pm
by Justin O.
Hard to get excited about KW decks right now, Good looking illustration, but so much negativity surrounding Jackson's projects right now. I'll wait to see what his claims are for the project, and his assurances about meeting those claims, and the steps he will need to have in place to see production through to reinforce his assurances before I even remotely begin to get excited.

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:23 pm
by pstaehlin
I don't have any negativity towards Jackson's projects. I understand there are hiccup's that can happen during production of any product. Seems as though he's pulled through with every other project he's released. Therefore, I shall remain optimistic. :)

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:32 pm
by misterharmanko
And the back design....

Liking the look of this deck.
Very Crazy 8's-esque in my opinion :D

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:02 pm
by Jock1971
i can hardly see all the detail and that`s twice the size of a normal back.
Pity as i love Celtic Knotwork :(

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:09 pm
by shaitani
I get he's going for the look of old world religious iconography (like handwritten bibles and such), but yeah I'm not digging that back design.
There's got to be a way to mix that ancient style of art with modern artistic sensibilities.
Like maybe keep the level of detail uniform across the entire back instead of just all heavily condensed in the cross.

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:18 pm
by pstaehlin
I have to agree. As I look at it more, the blank spaces of the off white are bugging me.

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:16 pm
by sinjin7
I agree with the other comments so far on the back design, I don't think it works too well. The court card is very nice though. I question why he would put out a sneak peek at yet another project when he screwed up Legal Tender so badly and with it overdue and still months away from fulfillment, plus he still needs to start production on his Pearl Tally Ho project (which you know will also be late). No one questions Jackson's art, it's just that he's lacking in execution with his projects. After 20 Kickstarter campaigns under his belt, its troubling that he still has these serious glitches and cannot meet his estimated deadlines for project completion. If this is going to be on Kickstarter, I won't be backing. I'm more than happy to pick these up after his delayed campaign and avoid the aggravation.

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:30 pm
by Justin O.
pstaehlin wrote:Seems as though he's pulled through with every other project he's released.


With every other project, you mean except Texas where the colors were wrong, and Black Diamond where people payed what? $600+ for the tactical cases and are ending up only getting a wood case like the much lower priced legacy editions, or the Legal Tender where he advised that not only would there not be holographic foil, but that the deck in it's entirety would not include ANY foil at all, and only after pressed for an answer, resulting in many backers requesting refunds for the project. Cleary you mean every other project except these projects, where he didn't pull through, some of his most recent projects.

The art looks great, but Jackson has been dropping the ball in every other arena.

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:51 pm
by jerichoholic
Oh and don't forget the Moriarty deck issues.

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:58 am
by chach
sinjin7 wrote:I agree with the other comments so far on the back design, I don't think it works too well. The court card is very nice though. I question why he would put out a sneak peek at yet another project when he screwed up Legal Tender so badly and with it overdue and still months away from fulfillment, plus he still needs to start production on his Pearl Tally Ho project (which you know will also be late). No one questions Jackson's art, it's just that he's lacking in execution with his projects. After 20 Kickstarter campaigns under his belt, its troubling that he still has these serious glitches and cannot meet his estimated deadlines for project completion. If this is going to be on Kickstarter, I won't be backing. I'm more than happy to pick these up after his delayed campaign and avoid the aggravation.



Dude, seriously. Get out of my mind. +1 to all of that.

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:48 pm
by RichK
A King Arthur deck with art bits and colors from the Book of Kells. Great idea but yes, the detail is lost.

Don't forget the Crazy 8's "oops, no embossed deck". He did make good with signed std. deck for free.

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:03 am
by TGunitedcardists
pstaehlin wrote:Oh look here! :drool:


I think it's version 01 of the court card design. It doesn't resemble the quality of his other court cards. Honestly, it doesn't look that good. Jackson's standard court cards are world's better than this one.

The back design obviously has lot of effort invested, but again, it looks incomplete.

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:30 pm
by RichK
TGunitedcardists wrote:
pstaehlin wrote:Oh look here! :drool:


I think it's version 01 of the court card design. It doesn't resemble the quality of his other court cards. Honestly, it doesn't look that good. Jackson's standard court cards are world's better than this one.

The back design obviously has lot of effort invested, but again, it looks incomplete.


According to his IG this is the the standard back. I saw a Youtube video of a complicated Celtic knot that must be a limited back.

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneek Peek!

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:57 am
by pstaehlin
Justin O. wrote:
pstaehlin wrote:Seems as though he's pulled through with every other project he's released.


With every other project, you mean except Texas where the colors were wrong, and Black Diamond where people payed what? $600+ for the tactical cases and are ending up only getting a wood case like the much lower priced legacy editions, or the Legal Tender where he advised that not only would there not be holographic foil, but that the deck in it's entirety would not include ANY foil at all, and only after pressed for an answer, resulting in many backers requesting refunds for the project. Cleary you mean every other project except these projects, where he didn't pull through, some of his most recent projects.

The art looks great, but Jackson has been dropping the ball in every other arena.



I stand corrected. :D

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneak Peek of The Arthurian!

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:17 am
by PrincessTrouble
Updated the thread title with the title of the deck.

I don't care for the back at all, but I'm liking the courts so far.

Re: Wild Kings Project - Sneak Peek of The Arthurian!

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:27 am
by RichK
PrincessTrouble wrote:Updated the thread title with the title of the deck.

I don't care for the back at all, but I'm liking the courts so far.


It should be "Kings Wild". :)

Back is, so far, a mess. No details visible which is a shame for the time spent doing it.

Re: Kings Wild Project - Sneak Peek of The Arthurian!

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:58 am
by rousselle
Updated title of thread with correct name of company. :)

Re: Kings Wild Project - Sneak Peek of The Arthurian!

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:21 pm
by MagikFingerz
And all this time I thought the deck was called Wild Kings :ugthink:

Re: Kings Wild Project - Sneak Peek of The Arthurian!

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:53 pm
by rousselle
Updated MagikFingerz Smarty Pants rating by +1.

I agree that the back could match with the front a bit better, and I look forward to seeing how Jackson brings that all together. Other issues notwithstanding, one of JR's absolute strengths as an artist is how he goes through the draft process.