Metropol One Hundred

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
ryansworld4
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 133

Metropol One Hundred

Unread post by ryansworld4 »

On there Facebook page says these will be releasing this weekend
Attachments
100.jpg
one hundred.jpg
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Re: Metropol One Hundred

Unread post by RichK »

I kinda like that King. Coming to Kickstarter.
Move on, nothing to see here.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Looks like Metropol meets Elite :lol:
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Now live

Azid

Unread post by Azid »

What's the point of this campaign ?
In the title it says "Make/100" and there is only 1 tier for 1 deck limited to 100 backers BUT
"Add ons: Add on as many Metropol One Hundred decks as you like!"

I'm also disappointed that they go with MPC.
V1 printed by USPCC (2500 decks), very nice deck
V2 printed by Legends (3 Colors, 1000 of each) also nice decks
and now they go with MPC ??

I really like the borderless V1 & V2 , they are cool for spreads and fans.
But this one looks somehow boring... pass
JuFiN
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by JuFiN »

$19 for an MPC deck... hard pass
youngtomlin
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 172

Unread post by youngtomlin »

Strange going with MPC.

I'm sad as well because I really liked the look of these :( :(

That King reminds me of Vanda for some reason.
Hi, I am magician and a card collecter who also does some Cardistry. Nice to meet you and thanks for reading!

Here is my collection that's still growing, it's here if you want to check it out here: https://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7247" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Portfolio52 collection: http://www.portfolio52.com/profile/345/collection" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

A plain tuck, minimalism art for courts.
Lambert choosing MPC @ $19/deck is again, an easy pass!

No details other than "Since this deck is being produced at a fairly low number, the cost is a bit higher than the average deck".
How many decks is he printing to allow add-ons @ $17.50?
serubi

Unread post by serubi »

The tier is limited to 100 backers... makes sense. But users can add as many additional decks as they want. Doesn't add up.
shaitani
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Unread post by shaitani »

This is exactly the type of Make 100 abuse I've been talking about. The idea is supposed to be that you only make 100 of something. KS really needs to disallow these projects from using the term unless it's been approved or something. This is getting ridiculous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
MikeLambert
Decks Owned: 75

Unread post by MikeLambert »

Hey Everyone, I'm Mike Lambert the guy behind Metropol Playing Cards.

One of the forum moderators pointed me towards this post so I thought I'd stop in and say hey. I appreciate the feedback, positive or negative I use it all to help improve the way I work. Metropol One Hundred is an experiment for me in a lot of ways and I'm taking a few risks with it. There's always a risk with a new design, but the decisions I've made for the project are risks as well.

Make/100 - I used the Make/100 deadline to motivate me to finally finish another deck design and put it out there on Kickstarter. The rules of Make/100 seems to have caused a lot of confusion and frustration. When setting up my project I was getting confused myself because it seemed every page on Kickstarter had different variations of the rules. I actually contacted Kickstarter support over the official rules and was told the project needs to be limited to 100 backers, not necessarily 100 items. With that in mind though, the title Make/100 becomes misleading. Do I limit the project to 100 decks, 1 deck per backer or do I make it more flexible and allow each backer to purchase as many decks as they want? I chose the latter thinking that it would be better for the backers that want more than one deck, and it would increase the chances of the project getting funded. Regardless of my choice, my project was reviewed by Kickstarter staff and approved before I received the Make/100 badge for my project image, so they must have felt that it was within their rules. I guess only time will tell if I made the right choice or not.

MPC - I knew going with MPC was going to be the biggest issue with the campaign. MPC quality works well for me when I'm testing new designs, but how would the community accept them? I know MPC has run a couple successful Kickstarter campaigns in the past so there's at least some interest out there, though maybe people were more interested in trying out the UV ink than the cards themselves. The low minimum order leads into the next hurdle I knew would be difficult to overcome...

Price - It's expensive to produce a small print run of playing cards. There's really no way around it. I knew doing a small run would really drive up the price and that would turn a lot of people away very quickly. The other price factor that's been an issue with every campaign I've done so far is shipping. Shipping out of Canada isn't cheap. There's also the ever changing exchange rate that I need to deal with, being a Canadian purchasing products in American dollars. All of those factors add up to a more expensive than average deck.

So there you have it. I thought I would share with you a bit of the thought process that went into this project. Take from it what you will. Funded or not, I'll learn from this project and apply that to whatever I do next. :D

Mike.
http://www.metropolcards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Metropol Playing Cards

Check out Metropol NEXT live on Kickstarter!