Joker and Thief Blood Red Edition

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
ALBERTO68
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 2000

Joker and Thief Blood Red Edition

Unread post by ALBERTO68 »

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: Joker and Thief Blood Red Edition

Unread post by vasta41 »

Interesting we never heard of this. Well, except CBJ. He'll chime in here soon saying, "I've had this for weeks. This is old news." Then Pierre will add, "thanks for mine, Jay! :ugdance: " And of course, Victor: "How dare you post this without consulting me first! If I can't obtain this deck then it shouldn't be posted! :evil: "

Meanwhile I wonder when this was printed (assuming it's legit which I think it is) and how many were printed. And why it wasn't advertised?
ALBERTO68
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by ALBERTO68 »

Seller only says: Limited print run by The Expert Playing Card Company.
Bruno
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Bruno »

:roll:
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
dcmcalirep

Unread post by dcmcalirep »

Well this was posted on the Joker And The Thief facebook page 5 hours ago.... Looks like the borders are the same as the deck in the eBay listing.
Attachments
16113129_1248470828568142_9184538837357153861_o.jpg
badpete69
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

vasta41 wrote:Interesting we never heard of this. Well, except CBJ. He'll chime in here soon saying, "I've had this for weeks. This is old news." Then Pierre will add, "thanks for mine, Jay! :ugdance: " And of course, Victor: "How dare you post this without consulting me first! If I can't obtain this deck then it shouldn't be posted! :evil: "

Meanwhile I wonder when this was printed (assuming it's legit which I think it is) and how many were printed. And why it wasn't advertised?
C'mon man you are taking all the fun out of it. BTW you forgot to send me your address so that i could send you your Osmund deck :ugdance: :ugdance:
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

badpete69 wrote:
vasta41 wrote:Interesting we never heard of this. Well, except CBJ. He'll chime in here soon saying, "I've had this for weeks. This is old news." Then Pierre will add, "thanks for mine, Jay! :ugdance: " And of course, Victor: "How dare you post this without consulting me first! If I can't obtain this deck then it shouldn't be posted! :evil: "

C'mon man you are taking all the fun out of it. BTW you forgot to send me your address so that i could send you your Osmund deck :ugdance: :ugdance:
Don't forget the J Crew decks! :ugking:
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

I like what I see. My guess is that, if I had these in my hands, I'd probably like them more than the second edition, and possibly as much as the original edition. That said... $45 per deck knocks it way out of my price range. Alas.
This space intentionally left blank.
badpete69

I am a prime member with Amazon . Just ordered these with free shipping. Don't buy it on ebay

https://www.amazon.com/Playing-Cards-Jo ... +the+thief
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Much better. Order placed!
This space intentionally left blank.
joeblow

Unread post by joeblow »

Thanks! Print run of 3000 so we should be seeing this pop up in the usual places.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Seriously, $18.50 per deck is waaaay too much for a deck with a print run of 3000 decks. Hold on to your asses for the upcoming green and gold versions. :roll: The J&T decks are the second most over-rated decks (imo), right behind all the Fontaine versions.
Joker and the Thief
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Joker and the Thief »

Oh, hi guys... thought we'd just chime in here and say these are real. Blood Red Edition does exist, and it is the last of the original Joker and the Thief trilogy.
We're just starting to reveal it now because we've been wanting to push Dystopia, which is 97% funded. Stay tuned for more in regards to these. Thanks for starting this thread!
sinjin7 wrote:Seriously, $18.50 per deck is waaaay too much for a deck with a print run of 3000 decks. Hold on to your asses for the upcoming green and gold versions. :roll: The J&T decks are the second most over-rated decks (imo), right behind all the Fontaine versions.
To each their own, but unlike Fontaine we actually produce awesome cards.
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Joker and the Thief wrote: To each their own, but unlike Fontaine we actually produce awesome cards.
That's why I have you guys behind the Fontaines. I don't like the one-way back, plus I think the design overall is a bit busy for me. I don't think you guys run the tightest Kickstarter campaigns and you can't seem to figure out international shipping. I actually like your court cards on these decks, however. I classify you as over-rated because your price per deck is too high for what it is. But hey, you apparently don't have a problem selling them out at your prices, so more power to you. (Nice burn on the Fontaines, by the way).
badpete69

But with free shipping it is like these decks would be $15 a pop which is starting to be the norm these days.
flyers3003
White Whale: Original Rarebit

Unread post by flyers3003 »

badpete69 wrote:But with free shipping it is like these decks would be $15 a pop which is starting to be the norm these days.
I don't understand this statement. $15 may be becoming the norm for the price of a deck, but that is usually including shipping (U.S.), at least it seems to be with any deck that I've bought recently on KS. What gets me is that we often hear from artists that we're paying for their work on the decks. What work is involved in this deck? It's the 2nd recolor of an already produced deck. No additional artwork had to be done. There is no excuse for this to cost $18.49. I paid $12.50 each including shipping for two decks of the White Gold edition and less than that for the original. With 3000 produced there is no reason for these costs at all. $18.49 AUD would be a little more reasonable, not $18.49 USD.
badpete69

Then you should pass right? It's too high don't buy. I like the deck and I could live with the price so i picked it up. and by the way more and more KS are starting to charge for shipping so it's not always included.

Anyway in the end we all have a choice. If enough people pass this time maybe the next one will be cheaper. because you know there will be a next one
flyers3003
White Whale: Original Rarebit

Unread post by flyers3003 »

You're right, I haven't pulled the trigger and probably won't. I appreciate that you found enough value in it to pay for it, but I really wish the community would push back a little more against clearly overpriced decks. I guess some people have deep enough pockets, but I sure don't. More power to you buddy. I guess this hobby is just going to price more and more collectors out. Seems a shame to me. :(
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

These days, I think the standard pricing for quality custom decks, inclusive of shipping, is in the $10.00 to $14.00 range. $10.00 is where you're at primarily among the big retail companies (think Ellusionist and Theory 11) and around $12.00-$14.00 for most Kickstarter decks with print runs in the 2000 deck range. Let's take the subjectivity of art and design out of the equation. For me to go over the standard $10-$14 range, there's got to be something more about the deck to justify the higher premium because there's just too many great decks being produced in the standard price range for me to waste time and money on basically the same decks, but priced too high for no tangible reason. And when I say something more, I'm talking about things like foiling on the cards, innovative tuck design, super low print run, die cutting, etc.

Here's a good example: I got a brick of David Blaine's gold foil-backed Gatorback decks during their Black Friday sale, so they came out to less than $16.00 per deck shipped. I'll do that all day long, and when I burn through my brick, I'll gladly buy them again, even at the full price of $20.00 per deck. Again, taking subjective design out of the equation, what do I get with the J&T deck that I can't with any other well made custom deck priced in the standard range? Nothing. Any T11 deck is going to have as nice or better tuck box. Most Kickstarter decks are going to have a lower print run. So on one hand I have a gold foiled Gatorback Doree at under $16, and on the other hand I have a J&T Blood Red edition at $18.49. With all due respect to J&T, it's not even a fair fight. I can't even give any consideration to a $18.49 J&T deck. If this deck was $12.00 I'm not going to be this critical.

I'm NOT saying don't buy the J&T deck. Because there is a subjective design/art element to any deck, if this deck's aesthetic moves you, get it by all means. I just wanted to explain my analysis of deck pricing to justify my earlier posts and opinion of this deck, I'm not in any way knocking anyone for buying a J&T deck.
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

I'll go a bit off topic here:

The problem is not in the artwork of the innovation put in the decks, nor is in the creators. No, we are the problem.
Unfortunatelly we set the market price, if a creator set the price for his deck at $15 and still somehow manages to sell them, then clearly the fault is on our side, not on creator's. I too understand that we are willing to pay more for a deck that futures something more, but either way by doing so we are saying the creators that we don't mind to pay more for a deck, because at the creator's eyes he don't care if his deck doesn't future the same whistles and bells as others, he only wants to know is that people are willing to pay X for a deck of cards, and like so you have the price set.
You can take the Fontaines as example, the only deck that feature any "work" on it is the red one and it was sold for ~$9, all the other recolors went for $15 (or something like)... And I'm surprise Zach didn't sell them for $30 or more because people are definitely willing to pay that much for his decks.
You have T11 that produces a deck with metallux for $10, for the time being metallus must be the most expensive feature provided by USPCC, so how they can do it for such a low price? Are they loosing money, sure not, but they are willing to take a lower profit as opposit of most KS creators that aim for the high profit they can (which again isn't a bad thing, I would do the same thing if I could), but then again it's our fault to support such pratices...

So the only way to really show creators that they had enough of our money is to stop buy anything that sells above $12, otherwise they will clearly keep increasing the prices (and I would call them dumb if they didn't do it).
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Also available on their website. Don't buy from resellers selling for $45!
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Using code EASTER17 you can save %15 at the joker & thief website, which makes the Blood Red Ed $17.22 (including shipping) in the US.