Theory11 New Rarebit

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Theory11 New Rarebit

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I'll always give credit where credit is due. For T11 to produce a USPCC MetalLuxe deck under a $10.00 price point is amazingly commendable. Given what foil backed cards have been going for recently (from both USPCC and the Taiwanese printers), I hope these help drive down the pricing for foil-backed decks in the near future.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

I examined the pics closely, and I don't think it is Metaluxe. The price point is commendable but I've an inkling that the print run is >=6000 decks to arrive at this price. Anyways, do get this deck at this price but don't fall for statements like "The deck utilizes a revolutionary process where real metal foil is applied directly to the back of the playing cards". This revolutionary process is known to many printing companies across the World ;)
Bruno
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Bruno »

What sorta volumes do you imagine the advertising/packaging industries consume, foil-wise ?
Crikey, playing cards would not utilise their offcut/refuse ....
Say foils ain't foils perhaps, but that shiny stuff is in mass production world wide and please, printers use the most elegantly priced shiny stuff they can source, right ?
Right ?
And CAD plates ?
Cheap az Chipz.
Oooh. Shiny .... Chip packet foil anybody ?
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

guru wrote:I examined the pics closely, and I don't think it is Metaluxe. The price point is commendable but I've an inkling that the print run is >=6000 decks to arrive at this price. Anyways, do get this deck at this price but don't fall for statements like "The deck utilizes a revolutionary process where real metal foil is applied directly to the back of the playing cards". This revolutionary process is known to many printing companies across the World ;)
lyle.borders wrote: This is 100% MetalLuxe. While we really SHOULD have charged more (as MetalLuxe costs a LOT more than a conventional deck) we opted to use the current standard price. Lower margins for us, but we hope happier customers.

These look stunning, much like the Gold Monarchs. If you like the MetalLuxe look, grab these up before they are gone. I don't expect that we will have MetalLuxe decks available for sale on a regular basis due to the significantly higher costs.

// L
Well, typical T11 hype aside, these ARE MetalLuxe decks. I'm guessing Lyle is a representative of T11 and he's confirmed the MetalLuxe. I'm actually glad to see someone from T11 on our boards. I remember when Andrei Jikh used to poke around here occasionally to pump up T11 decks, he even talked about some "game changing" deck that was allegedly on its way. I seriously doubt he was referring to this deck, but a $10 MetalLuxe deck is definitely game changing.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

@lyle.borders

Can you give us an estimate of the print run?
I guess it is above 10K, but some insight would be great!

Either way a metallux deck for $10 it's a great deal :)
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

sinjin7 wrote:
guru wrote:I examined the pics closely, and I don't think it is Metaluxe. The price point is commendable but I've an inkling that the print run is >=6000 decks to arrive at this price. Anyways, do get this deck at this price but don't fall for statements like "The deck utilizes a revolutionary process where real metal foil is applied directly to the back of the playing cards". This revolutionary process is known to many printing companies across the World ;)
lyle.borders wrote: This is 100% MetalLuxe. While we really SHOULD have charged more (as MetalLuxe costs a LOT more than a conventional deck) we opted to use the current standard price. Lower margins for us, but we hope happier customers.

These look stunning, much like the Gold Monarchs. If you like the MetalLuxe look, grab these up before they are gone. I don't expect that we will have MetalLuxe decks available for sale on a regular basis due to the significantly higher costs.

// L
Well, typical T11 hype aside, these ARE MetalLuxe decks. I'm guessing Lyle is a representative of T11 and he's confirmed the MetalLuxe. I'm actually glad to see someone from T11 on our boards. I remember when Andrei Jikh used to poke around here occasionally to pump up T11 decks, he even talked about some "game changing" deck that was allegedly on its way. I seriously doubt he was referring to this deck, but a $10 MetalLuxe deck is definitely game changing.
Thanks @sinjin7. I didn't see that Lyle had clarified it in an earlier thread.

Still, something seems amiss if I look at the pictures. MetalLuxe, usually, has this vivid light reflection with heavy coverage, and the same is not the case here.

MetalLuxe from USPCC or Impressions metallic foil from MPC use similar foiling method that gives better handling & finish which is not seen in foiling applications from other printers, because the process is expensive. USPCC with its high production capacity has perfected this method, and thats' why you will see better handling than anything out there. MPC did try it out but faced issues in customization, and that's why this process is not available for customization via MPC.

Now, coming back to the process, it is usually a 4 or 5 step process: First, adding the aluminium or metallic lamination on the paper, then finish the gold foil on aluminium or metallic lamination with UV process, and last step is the classic linen finish. This process can either take care of very high coverage of foil or an intricate design with ease but not both. With this deck, I do not see the metallic or aluminium lamination (card back picture) which gives a particular shine or light reflection. It may be possible that it is, indeed, MetalLuxe with somewhat different process done by USPCC.

Anyways, it is a good deck to get at this price. You don't see such decks at this price these days. Hats off to T11 to raise the heat in an already overcrowded market.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

lyle.borders wrote:Laced with foil? We simply mean that this deck has actual foil on the cards. Not just metallic ink, real foil. The difference between the metallic inks and the foils is astounding. This deck has both, and you will know clear as day when you see the foil.

// L
Thanks, Lyle!! I think it's an awesome price for these, frankly.

They are available now for everyone?
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
serubi

Unread post by serubi »

A simple Google search for Theory11 Rarebit Gold will reveal the "secret" URL. Not very secret if it's the top link on Google :P Cool deck! Bought 5 :)
anwar

Unread post by anwar »

serubi wrote:A simple Google search for Theory11 Rarebit Gold will reveal the "secret" URL. Not very secret if it's the top link on Google :P Cool deck! Bought 5 :)
:lol:
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

Thanks for chiming in Lyle. Now give the MetalLuxe treatment to the MailChimp deck. :)
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

serubi wrote:A simple Google search for Theory11 Rarebit Gold will reveal the "secret" URL. Not very secret if it's the top link on Google :P Cool deck! Bought 5 :)
Thanks, didn't have to wait for 11!
Move on, nothing to see here.
lyle.borders
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by lyle.borders »

lyle.borders wrote:Laced with foil? We simply mean that this deck has actual foil on the cards. Not just metallic ink, real foil. The difference between the metallic inks and the foils is astounding. This deck has both, and you will know clear as day when you see the foil.

// L
Mike Ratledge wrote:Thanks, Lyle!! I think it's an awesome price for these, frankly.

They are live for everyone right now. Just posted the product page publicly, and they are good to go! Enjoy. (Not here to advertise, just answering questions.)

https://store.theory11.com/products/rar ... ying-cards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

// L
// Lyle Borders
vp of operations
theory11.com
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

lyle.borders wrote:
Mike Ratledge wrote:Laced with foil? We simply mean that this deck has actual foil on the cards. Not just metallic ink, real foil. The difference between the metallic inks and the foils is astounding. This deck has both, and you will know clear as day when you see the foil.

// L
Thanks, Lyle!! I think it's an awesome price for these, frankly.

They are live for everyone right now. Just posted the product page publicly, and they are good to go! Enjoy. (Not here to advertise, just answering questions.)

https://store.theory11.com/products/rar ... ying-cards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

// L[/quote]

You should be here to advertise! Like sinjin said I think it's great one of the "big companies" has a presence here. I wish they all did. So what's coming down the pipe? Got any juicy details? :mrgreen:
lyle.borders
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by lyle.borders »

guru wrote:Still, something seems amiss if I look at the pictures. MetalLuxe, usually, has this vivid light reflection with heavy coverage, and the same is not the case here.
Yea, they do look a bit different than the USPC photos of the MetlLuxe Bike decks. I think this is due to two things - the actual coverage and the lighting. While the Bike deck's artwork is thick and heavy, the Rarebit deck uses all thin lines. The Bike photo seems to be near blown out with light - our photos tend to be a hair darker, which doesn't quite show the foil off as well but shows the actual design better. Really, it comes down to stylistic differences between USPC and theory11. They printed the cards, but we designed and photographed.

If you have seen a deck of Gold Monarchs in person, this looks VERY similar. Same foil on the same background color, just using the Rarebit design.

// L
// Lyle Borders
vp of operations
theory11.com
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

lyle.borders wrote:
guru wrote:Still, something seems amiss if I look at the pictures. MetalLuxe, usually, has this vivid light reflection with heavy coverage, and the same is not the case here.
Yea, they do look a bit different than the USPC photos of the MetlLuxe Bike decks. I think this is due to two things - the actual coverage and the lighting. While the Bike deck's artwork is thick and heavy, the Rarebit deck uses all thin lines. The Bike photo seems to be near blown out with light - our photos tend to be a hair darker, which doesn't quite show the foil off as well but shows the actual design better. Really, it comes down to stylistic differences between USPC and theory11. They printed the cards, but we designed and photographed.

If you have seen a deck of Gold Monarchs in person, this looks VERY similar. Same foil on the same background color, just using the Rarebit design.

// L
And if you haven't seen the Gold Monarchs, here's a quick vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNJn52T_bpY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

PrincessTrouble wrote:And if you haven't seen the Gold Monarchs, here's a quick vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNJn52T_bpY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And if you have any extra Gold Monarchs you can ship them to me :ugdance:
Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by Justin O. »

Yeah at $10 a pop I can't pass these up. Got two. Very impressed with T11 on this one, they have been getting a bad rap for things recently but this really does seem to be all about us and it's refreshing.
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Justin O. wrote:Very impressed with T11 on this one, they have been getting a bad rap for things recently but this really does seem to be all about us and it's refreshing.
Why have T11 been getting a bad rap for things? I have always had a great experience with T11 and feel that they are by far the best of the big card companies. IMO, they consistently put out great quality cards at a reasonable price (or great price in the case of the Gold Rarebits) and have the best and most responsive customer service in the industry, which is extremely important to me. :ugdance:
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
JuFiN
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by JuFiN »

Yea I love every single T11 deck I own and they are constantly affordable, and they have the Wheel during the holidays! Cant think of a negative thing to say about T11 honestly.
Justin O.

Yanno, in retrospect the issues I am thinking of are more with Dan and Dave and Ellusionist than with Theory 11, but because they are a 'big card company' I tend to view them in the same light, and am surprised to see them do anything that would cut into their profits. But it's nice to see so much support for one of the big companies
JuFiN

Unread post by JuFiN »

Dan and Dave I think make awesome decks! Every one of their decks that I own are fantastic. Although I have heard some negative things about them, I personally have no issue and think they are great.

Dont even get me started on Ellusionist... Their obsession with putting their own faces the cards they produce is only the beginning of my issues with them...
Justin O.

JuFiN wrote:Dan and Dave I think make awesome decks! Every one of their decks that I own are fantastic. Although I have heard some negative things about them, I personally have no issue and think they are great.

Dont even get me started on Ellusionist... Their obsession with putting their own faces the cards they produce is only the beginning of my issues with them...
I'm not talking about their decks, they all have great decks. I'm talking about their business practices, their marketing practices, their mentality towards their customers and how they handle their companies. Theory 11 does well, Dan and Dave doesn't and I agree Ellusionist is the worst
serubi

Unread post by serubi »

The only thing I don't like about Theory11 is the shipping prices (international). I've skipped a few decks because of it, sadly. But this goes for D&D as well.
I also wish Theory11 would make trailers for their decks again. Their previous trailers are eye candy (Rebels in particular) :P
JuFiN

Unread post by JuFiN »

I got a lot of my T11 decks from Barnes and Nobles so I didn't pay shipping at all! I think its really cool that they managed to get a deal to sell their decks in an actual store (that isnt a specialty magic shop) where I can hold the deck and really see it before buying. Of course with their most recent decks I have had to order online as I was too impatient to wait for the local Barnes and Nobles to pick them up!
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

lyle.borders wrote:

// L
Thanks Lyle. I understand. USPCC advertises metalluxe with tagline as "Light meets Luxury" and so it lead to my above comment. Glad you came on board and clarified it. It is a very beautiful deck and at this price is a steal....
elt2ss
Decks Owned: 800

Unread post by elt2ss »

Mike Ratledge wrote:Th e Rarebit is a speakeasy here in downtown Charleston. Some people who came to the 52+Joker convention in 2014 went there for dinner.

It was never sold, but yes, if you spent $100 in one trip they gave you one until about a year (two?) ago.
The Green's were still available at the restaurant in July of last year. I was able to haggle a bit and picked up two.
JuFiN

Unread post by JuFiN »

Just got my deck! The metaluxe looks amazing! not to mention metallic ink on the faces. Amazing deck.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Anyone still not on board yet can use the following 10% off coupon. First come first serve, btw.

Code: Select all

136CHECKOUT
joeblow

Unread post by joeblow »

Thanks for the code, guru. I've now bought more of these than I reasonably should have. But who among us is reasonable?
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I got my decks in today and the MetalLuxe is great. I always thought the Gold Monarchs with the gold foil on black background was exquisite, and these are just as nice. Just two negatives, I wish the Rarebit courts weren't so ugly, and it seems these cards are a bit clumpy in fans. Normally MetalLuxe decks fan pretty decently for a foil-backed deck, but the Gold Rarebits. . .not so much. They're slippery enough, but not consistent enough for even fanning. But hey, these are foil backed cards for under $10 a pop and look fantastic so I can live with some uneven fans. Hopefully they'll break in and improve after a while. Overall, very happy with these.