Theory11 New Rarebit

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
JuFiN
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: Theory11 New Rarebit

Unread post by JuFiN »

Yea but they arent just marketing to hardcore collectors like us you need to remember. There are a lot of people who dont know what MetalLuxe is that see this.

Regardless of how they market it, I am a sucker for foil backs and will need to pick these up tomorrow!
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

These are available now ($9.95 ea) to Elite members.

Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by Justin O. »

If anyone with an Elite membership is willing to help me get one/two I would be grateful
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
JuFiN

Unread post by JuFiN »

Justin O. wrote:If anyone with an Elite membership is willing to help me get one/two I would be grateful
I second this
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Is this for elite member only?
4.of.Clubs

Unread post by 4.of.Clubs »

JuFiN wrote:
Justin O. wrote:If anyone with an Elite membership is willing to help me get one/two I would be grateful
I second this
Third please :D
----------> Check out the decks I have for sale! <----------
----------> Also check out my Trade List and Wish List, maybe we can make a deal! <----------
badpete69

Never mind I see my email on my smart phone Just bought 6 and it came with free shipping Nice
PrincessTrouble

badpete69 wrote:Is this for elite member only?
The early release is for Elite members only. Open to the masses tomorrow.
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

Just came here to post the same thing, elite members check your email for the link. I have to say, I was rather shocked by the price, in a good way. Picked up 4 plus got a signed rarebit from the archives.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by Justin O. »

KNowing anyone will be able to get one tomorrow makes me not really care about getting one. Sometimes I don't think I have any control...
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
badpete69

Justin

Maybe you should see it as tomorrow everyone will be able to get one only for a few hours hehehe
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by sinjin7 »

The description of the gold version seems to imply that it may be a foil-backed deck, but with T11's sketchy over-hype, you never know. . . $10 per deck seems pretty low for a USPCC MetalLux deck.
JuFiN

Unread post by JuFiN »

I was able to order them despite not being a member via this link:

LINK REMOVED BY CBJ
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

From the e-mail:

"PS - keep this special link a secret! They won’t be offered to the public until tomorrow."
badpete69

Lol guess someone spilled the beans.
shaitani
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Unread post by shaitani »

Just purchased a couple as a non-member with the super secret link.
At this price, no way it's MetalLuxe, and no way it's as limited a production as a Gold Monarch.
Unless the price is going to radically change when opened to everyone tomorrow or something.
JuFiN

Unread post by JuFiN »

Do they not have a way to require sign in as a member to purchase?

anyway, the site says "Laced with GOLD FOIL on the actual playing cards" not sure what "Laced" implies but I guess we will find out!
lyle.borders
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by lyle.borders »

shaitani wrote:Just purchased a couple as a non-member with the super secret link.
At this price, no way it's MetalLuxe, and no way it's as limited a production as a Gold Monarch.
Unless the price is going to radically change when opened to everyone tomorrow or something.
This is 100% MetalLuxe. While we really SHOULD have charged more (as MetalLuxe costs a LOT more than a conventional deck) we opted to use the current standard price. Lower margins for us, but we hope happier customers.

These look stunning, much like the Gold Monarchs. If you like the MetalLuxe look, grab these up before they are gone. I don't expect that we will have MetalLuxe decks available for sale on a regular basis due to the significantly higher costs.

// L
// Lyle Borders
vp of operations
theory11.com
lyle.borders
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by lyle.borders »

JuFiN wrote:the site says "Laced with GOLD FOIL on the actual playing cards" not sure what "Laced" implies but I guess we will find out!
Laced with foil? We simply mean that this deck has actual foil on the cards. Not just metallic ink, real foil. The difference between the metallic inks and the foils is astounding. This deck has both, and you will know clear as day when you see the foil.

// L
// Lyle Borders
vp of operations
theory11.com
shaitani
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Unread post by shaitani »

lyle.borders wrote:
shaitani wrote:Just purchased a couple as a non-member with the super secret link.
This is 100% MetalLuxe. While we really SHOULD have charged more (as MetalLuxe costs a LOT more than a conventional deck) we opted to use the current standard price. Lower margins for us, but we hope happier customers.

These look stunning, much like the Gold Monarchs. If you like the MetalLuxe look, grab these up before they are gone. I don't expect that we will have MetalLuxe decks available for sale on a regular basis due to the significantly higher costs.

// L
Well color me corrected. Glad to be wrong about this.
Thanks for taking the time to clear things up, and now I'm regretting not picking up a couple more... [BACON]
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I'll always give credit where credit is due. For T11 to produce a USPCC MetalLuxe deck under a $10.00 price point is amazingly commendable. Given what foil backed cards have been going for recently (from both USPCC and the Taiwanese printers), I hope these help drive down the pricing for foil-backed decks in the near future.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

I examined the pics closely, and I don't think it is Metaluxe. The price point is commendable but I've an inkling that the print run is >=6000 decks to arrive at this price. Anyways, do get this deck at this price but don't fall for statements like "The deck utilizes a revolutionary process where real metal foil is applied directly to the back of the playing cards". This revolutionary process is known to many printing companies across the World ;)
Bruno
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Bruno »

What sorta volumes do you imagine the advertising/packaging industries consume, foil-wise ?
Crikey, playing cards would not utilise their offcut/refuse ....
Say foils ain't foils perhaps, but that shiny stuff is in mass production world wide and please, printers use the most elegantly priced shiny stuff they can source, right ?
Right ?
And CAD plates ?
Cheap az Chipz.
Oooh. Shiny .... Chip packet foil anybody ?
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

guru wrote:I examined the pics closely, and I don't think it is Metaluxe. The price point is commendable but I've an inkling that the print run is >=6000 decks to arrive at this price. Anyways, do get this deck at this price but don't fall for statements like "The deck utilizes a revolutionary process where real metal foil is applied directly to the back of the playing cards". This revolutionary process is known to many printing companies across the World ;)
lyle.borders wrote: This is 100% MetalLuxe. While we really SHOULD have charged more (as MetalLuxe costs a LOT more than a conventional deck) we opted to use the current standard price. Lower margins for us, but we hope happier customers.

// L
Well, typical T11 hype aside, these ARE MetalLuxe decks. I'm guessing Lyle is a representative of T11 and he's confirmed the MetalLuxe. I'm actually glad to see someone from T11 on our boards. I remember when Andrei Jikh used to poke around here occasionally to pump up T11 decks, he even talked about some "game changing" deck that was allegedly on its way. I seriously doubt he was referring to this deck, but a $10 MetalLuxe deck is definitely game changing.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

@lyle.borders

Can you give us an estimate of the print run?
I guess it is above 10K, but some insight would be great!

Either way a metallux deck for $10 it's a great deal :)
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

sinjin7 wrote:
guru wrote:I examined the pics closely, and I don't think it is Metaluxe. The price point is commendable but I've an inkling that the print run is >=6000 decks to arrive at this price. Anyways, do get this deck at this price but don't fall for statements like "The deck utilizes a revolutionary process where real metal foil is applied directly to the back of the playing cards". This revolutionary process is known to many printing companies across the World ;)
lyle.borders wrote: This is 100% MetalLuxe. While we really SHOULD have charged more (as MetalLuxe costs a LOT more than a conventional deck) we opted to use the current standard price. Lower margins for us, but we hope happier customers.

// L
Well, typical T11 hype aside, these ARE MetalLuxe decks. I'm guessing Lyle is a representative of T11 and he's confirmed the MetalLuxe. I'm actually glad to see someone from T11 on our boards. I remember when Andrei Jikh used to poke around here occasionally to pump up T11 decks, he even talked about some "game changing" deck that was allegedly on its way. I seriously doubt he was referring to this deck, but a $10 MetalLuxe deck is definitely game changing.
Thanks @sinjin7. I didn't see that Lyle had clarified it in an earlier thread.

Still, something seems amiss if I look at the pictures. MetalLuxe, usually, has this vivid light reflection with heavy coverage, and the same is not the case here.

MetalLuxe from USPCC or Impressions metallic foil from MPC use similar foiling method that gives better handling & finish which is not seen in foiling applications from other printers, because the process is expensive. USPCC with its high production capacity has perfected this method, and thats' why you will see better handling than anything out there. MPC did try it out but faced issues in customization, and that's why this process is not available for customization via MPC.

Now, coming back to the process, it is usually a 4 or 5 step process: First, adding the aluminium or metallic lamination on the paper, then finish the gold foil on aluminium or metallic lamination with UV process, and last step is the classic linen finish. This process can either take care of very high coverage of foil or an intricate design with ease but not both. With this deck, I do not see the metallic or aluminium lamination (card back picture) which gives a particular shine or light reflection. It may be possible that it is, indeed, MetalLuxe with somewhat different process done by USPCC.

Anyways, it is a good deck to get at this price. You don't see such decks at this price these days. Hats off to T11 to raise the heat in an already overcrowded market.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

lyle.borders wrote:Laced with foil? We simply mean that this deck has actual foil on the cards. Not just metallic ink, real foil. The difference between the metallic inks and the foils is astounding. This deck has both, and you will know clear as day when you see the foil.

// L
Thanks, Lyle!! I think it's an awesome price for these, frankly.

They are available now for everyone?
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
serubi

Unread post by serubi »

A simple Google search for Theory11 Rarebit Gold will reveal the "secret" URL. Not very secret if it's the top link on Google :P Cool deck! Bought 5 :)
anwar

Unread post by anwar »

serubi wrote:A simple Google search for Theory11 Rarebit Gold will reveal the "secret" URL. Not very secret if it's the top link on Google :P Cool deck! Bought 5 :)
:lol:
PrincessTrouble

Thanks for chiming in Lyle. Now give the MetalLuxe treatment to the MailChimp deck. :)