Theory11 New Rarebit

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
JuFiN
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: Theory11 New Rarebit

Unread post by JuFiN »

Dan and Dave I think make awesome decks! Every one of their decks that I own are fantastic. Although I have heard some negative things about them, I personally have no issue and think they are great.

Dont even get me started on Ellusionist... Their obsession with putting their own faces the cards they produce is only the beginning of my issues with them...
Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by Justin O. »

JuFiN wrote:Dan and Dave I think make awesome decks! Every one of their decks that I own are fantastic. Although I have heard some negative things about them, I personally have no issue and think they are great.

Dont even get me started on Ellusionist... Their obsession with putting their own faces the cards they produce is only the beginning of my issues with them...
I'm not talking about their decks, they all have great decks. I'm talking about their business practices, their marketing practices, their mentality towards their customers and how they handle their companies. Theory 11 does well, Dan and Dave doesn't and I agree Ellusionist is the worst
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
serubi
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by serubi »

The only thing I don't like about Theory11 is the shipping prices (international). I've skipped a few decks because of it, sadly. But this goes for D&D as well.
I also wish Theory11 would make trailers for their decks again. Their previous trailers are eye candy (Rebels in particular) :P
JuFiN

Unread post by JuFiN »

I got a lot of my T11 decks from Barnes and Nobles so I didn't pay shipping at all! I think its really cool that they managed to get a deal to sell their decks in an actual store (that isnt a specialty magic shop) where I can hold the deck and really see it before buying. Of course with their most recent decks I have had to order online as I was too impatient to wait for the local Barnes and Nobles to pick them up!
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

lyle.borders wrote:
guru wrote:Still, something seems amiss if I look at the pictures. MetalLuxe, usually, has this vivid light reflection with heavy coverage, and the same is not the case here.
Yea, they do look a bit different than the USPC photos of the MetlLuxe Bike decks. I think this is due to two things - the actual coverage and the lighting. While the Bike deck's artwork is thick and heavy, the Rarebit deck uses all thin lines. The Bike photo seems to be near blown out with light - our photos tend to be a hair darker, which doesn't quite show the foil off as well but shows the actual design better. Really, it comes down to stylistic differences between USPC and theory11. They printed the cards, but we designed and photographed.

If you have seen a deck of Gold Monarchs in person, this looks VERY similar. Same foil on the same background color, just using the Rarebit design.

// L
Thanks Lyle. I understand. USPCC advertises metalluxe with tagline as "Light meets Luxury" and so it lead to my above comment. Glad you came on board and clarified it. It is a very beautiful deck and at this price is a steal....
elt2ss
Decks Owned: 800

Unread post by elt2ss »

Mike Ratledge wrote:Th e Rarebit is a speakeasy here in downtown Charleston. Some people who came to the 52+Joker convention in 2014 went there for dinner.

It was never sold, but yes, if you spent $100 in one trip they gave you one until about a year (two?) ago.
The Green's were still available at the restaurant in July of last year. I was able to haggle a bit and picked up two.
JuFiN

Unread post by JuFiN »

Just got my deck! The metaluxe looks amazing! not to mention metallic ink on the faces. Amazing deck.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Anyone still not on board yet can use the following 10% off coupon. First come first serve, btw.

Code: Select all

136CHECKOUT
joeblow

Unread post by joeblow »

Thanks for the code, guru. I've now bought more of these than I reasonably should have. But who among us is reasonable?
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I got my decks in today and the MetalLuxe is great. I always thought the Gold Monarchs with the gold foil on black background was exquisite, and these are just as nice. Just two negatives, I wish the Rarebit courts weren't so ugly, and it seems these cards are a bit clumpy in fans. Normally MetalLuxe decks fan pretty decently for a foil-backed deck, but the Gold Rarebits. . .not so much. They're slippery enough, but not consistent enough for even fanning. But hey, these are foil backed cards for under $10 a pop and look fantastic so I can live with some uneven fans. Hopefully they'll break in and improve after a while. Overall, very happy with these.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Yep, mine arrived yesterday as well. The courts are the typical FuzzCo bland ones like the OG color. Nice use of the MetalLuxe backs! Under $10? I'll take them...

I am second the "try it with MailChimp", another FuzzCo deck design from Charleston.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

MailChimp is absolutely my favorite deck at T11 (although I do like many of the others quite a bit.) It's got a great design, and a fantastic use of metallic inks. Really, all the elements come together amazingly well. Blinging that deck out with some MetalLuxe would just push it way over the top. Definitely, definitely. Want me some of that. :-)
This space intentionally left blank.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

I agree. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but these, Rarebit and the new NPH (Neil Patrick Harris) decks are all from one designer - Jay Fletcher @FuzzCo here in Charleston.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Ah, so you going to track him down and get those Mailchimps produced? lol
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Looks like these sold out....
52JokesandCounting

Unread post by 52JokesandCounting »

sinjin7 wrote:I got my decks in today and the MetalLuxe is great. I always thought the Gold Monarchs with the gold foil on black background was exquisite, and these are just as nice. Just two negatives, I wish the Rarebit courts weren't so ugly, and it seems these cards are a bit clumpy in fans. Normally MetalLuxe decks fan pretty decently for a foil-backed deck, but the Gold Rarebits. . .not so much. They're slippery enough, but not consistent enough for even fanning. But hey, these are foil backed cards for under $10 a pop and look fantastic so I can live with some uneven fans. Hopefully they'll break in and improve after a while. Overall, very happy with these.

I completely agree with your 2 negative points... at least for a while :P regarding the fans, it was disappointing when it was still fresh out of the tuck. Give it a few shuffle and faro, you will see the difference straight away. It fans really nicely