SINS - Thirdway Industries

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
pstaehlin
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 0

SINS - Thirdway Industries

Unread post by pstaehlin »

SINS

Attachments
main_part.png
Räpylätassu
Player: Yes
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Re: Coming soon from Thirdway Industries!

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

Don Meroni making us a deck we can't refuse. Again.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Thirdway Industries »

Ooh I see that is already posted :-)

Thanks guys!

I hope you like this new project, I had a lot of fun designing it.
I started after Dedalo (July '16) but I stopped for a couple of months for design and launch Pantheon in october.

It will be a big project with a great story to tell.

12 new pretty queens, no "black" decks and a lot of surprises.
It's not 100% completed, but I'm working hard to make this happens soon.

As always, I don't want reveal everything now, but I'll answer if you have questions.
Thirdway Industries shop > https://www.thirdwayindustries.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pstaehlin

Really looking forward to seeing more of this deck. The theme for this is really awesome. Thank you for your hard work!
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

Giovanni, the court cards look awfully the same to your Dedalo/Pantheon decks.

I thought after someone pointed out on the Pantheon campaign that your decks/courts are similar to your other decks that you were going to change your design/concept from scratch?? Doesn't seem like that's the case with this deck.

I'm assuming this campaign you'll be selling another series of 3 decks?

I'm sure the community would love to see something new, something fresh from Thirdway. Not the same old, same old from you.. Guess will have to continue to wait or just stop backing your projects all together.

Extremely disappointed and an easy pass for me on this one..
JuFiN
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by JuFiN »

I for one absolutely love this style of art and cant get enough of it. Omnia has my favorite court cards of all time and Dedalo was close behind so I look forward eagerly to another series of decks with the same art style.

From what I can see I also really like the back design of this new deck and that in my opinion was the weakest point of previous Giovanni decks. So the way I see it he is making changes / improvements where they are needed and sticking this the same style for the courts which is an awesome style so why not! Maybe eventually even I will bore of it and look to see him move in a new direction but for now ill back these things at whatever rate he manages to produce them!

I also really appreciate the fact that Giovanni makes 12 unique face cards for each of his 3 decks when he releases sets of 3 decks its not just a lazy recolor. The amount of original artwork he produces for these decks is impressive.

Final note in Giovannis defense is that his pricing is extremely fair so even a collector with a smaller budget can own all his decks without having to shell out 200 dollars for the limited 50 print run edition. Which I appreciate.
markjanderson

Unread post by markjanderson »

Cardians wrote:Giovanni, the court cards look awfully the same to your Dedalo/Pantheon decks.

I thought after someone pointed out on the Pantheon campaign that your decks/courts are similar to your other decks that you were going to change your design/concept from scratch?? Doesn't seem like that's the case with this deck.

I'm assuming this campaign you'll be selling another series of 3 decks?

I'm sure the community would love to see something new, something fresh from Thirdway. Not the same old, same old from you.. Guess will have to continue to wait or just stop backing your projects all together.

Extremely disappointed and an easy pass for me on this one..
Right now I have to completely agree with this. I've basically got 10 decks that all look pretty much the same to me. Was looking forward to your next deck, but really it wanted to be something in a different style than what you had already done for the last 3 (or 4) campaigns. I'll wait and see when it's actually launched, but definitely leaning towards the not pledging side of the fence right now. Disappointing...
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

Professorè Meroni has his style ....
In adition to the massive and exacting effort that is a feature of his work, it must be said that this attention to specifics follows through into his after-care for all his backers.
Note this, any of you who might project your talents, Giovanni Meroni and his Thirdway Industries set a high bar.
From Delerium to Dedalo is a progression that has been fun and astounding to follow.
I feel sure the Professor has a surprise or three for our spoilt and jaded appetites. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pantheon.
The Heights. :D
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
Olethros

Unread post by Olethros »

At the bottom of the page whre the new deck is presented, there is hidden an extra card (I believe one of the jokers).
Attachments
Joker(?)
Joker(?)
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

It looks amazing!
Envy and Gluttony are probabily the ones I like most!! (Not in real life, :), in real life I prefer sloth and lust!! :ugdance:)
Olethros

There are 7 deadly sins but 12 court cards. I am wondering what the subject of the rest 5 court cards might be.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Olethros wrote:There are 7 deadly sins but 12 court cards. I am wondering what the subject of the rest 5 court cards might be.
Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey, Grumpy, and Doc.
This space intentionally left blank.
LouCipherr
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by LouCipherr »

Amazing deck, yet again!

My wallet is open and prepared to completely destroy my budget for 2017. :lol:
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Thank you both for the kind words than critics :)

I know that my style is very recognizable and I knew that someone would point that out. Some of my decks share the same design logic, but in the end are very different (themes, illustrations, composition...); SINS will have the courts so different that I decided to make the two unlimited decks with the same color scheme.

I think that common points and the style on my decks are more a strong point more than a negative thing: they create a little common universe with a different planets.
However I appreciate any comment because I think every critics could help to grow, and I'm of course considering to make a completely different deck, with another style.

Thirdway Industries main goal is make "decks that tell a story", and I think SINS will tell a great, new, one.

@Olethros - oh no you spoiled Adam!

A hint for UC friends: there will be AT LEAST a court for every SIN. So yes, there is a Queen Lust... of hearts, of course! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thank you for the awesome support!
Thirdway Industries shop > https://www.thirdwayindustries.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

I received a beaut Dedalo Alpha deck on Friday, from the Professor, in reference to Labyrinths ....
That pearlescent Green Tuck is outstanding.
Such a luscious piece .... gotta wait for my pledge now.

intlgrrl
White Whale: MAD DECK by Ozlem Olcer
Decks Owned: 256

Unread post by intlgrrl »

Thirdway Industries wrote:Thank you both for the kind words than critics :)

I know that my style is very recognizable and I knew that someone would point that out. Some of my decks share the same design logic, but in the end are very different (themes, illustrations, composition...); SINS will have the courts so different that I decided to make the two unlimited decks with the same color scheme.

I think that common points and the style on my decks are more a strong point more than a negative thing: they create a little common universe with a different planets.
However I appreciate any comment because I think every critics could help to grow, and I'm of course considering to make a completely different deck, with another style.

Thirdway Industries main goal is make "decks that tell a story", and I think SINS will tell a great, new, one.

@Olethros - oh no you spoiled Adam!

A hint for UC friends: there will be AT LEAST a court for every SIN. So yes, there is a Queen Lust... of hearts, of course! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thank you for the awesome support!
I'm looking forward to this latest deck, as I quite like your style. There's been such a standard for court cards for so long, that its nice to see someone develop their own consistent style. A new design would be cool, but I am far from adverse to the current style you have developed. I also look forward to each theme as each deck is revealed. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to all your coming projects.
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

@Bruno @intlgrrl
Thank you both :-) I'm happy you appreciate the consistency in my projects.

I confirm that SINS will arrive in February 2017 - The day will be announced soon...
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Take a look ;)

>> http://www.kardify.com/2017/02/first-lo ... ds-by.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it should answer to some questions hehe
pstaehlin

Looks Awesome!

Thirdway Industries wrote:Take a look ;)

>> http://www.kardify.com/2017/02/first-lo ... ds-by.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it should answer to some questions hehe
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Hello UC friends!

Here is a little nice idea for you -
potrait_uc.png
potrait_uc.png (76.79 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
I just uploaded here >> http://www.thirdway.it/file/uc_sins.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; some profile pics of the SINS courts.

There are all the SINS in male and female version. You can pick your favourite SIN (or your favourite character) and use it as your UC profile pic.
This means that everyone will know your sin, of course :mrgreen:

Hope it's a fun idea meanwhile we're waiting the 17th of February.
Olethros

Thirdway Industries wrote:Hello UC friends!

Here is a little nice idea for you -
potrait_uc.png
I just uploaded here >> http://www.thirdway.it/file/uc_sins.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. some profile pics of the SINS courts.

There are all the SINS in male and female version. You can pick your favourite SIN (or your favourite character) and use it as your UC profile pic.
This means that everyone will know your sin, of course :mrgreen:

Hope it's a fun idea meanwhile we're waiting the 17th of February.
I notice that both male and female representations of lust have leather wings and at least the male one has horns. Does this make them demons, specifically an incubus and a succubus respectively? Even more, is the female version Lilith, Adam's first wife who later became a succubus? She carries a shield(?) with a representation of the forbidden fruit which connects her thus to Eden and Adam. See, this is why I like your decks so much! All these hidden meanings and symbolism to decipher! Also is female wrath a vampire? In any case, great work!
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

@Olethros - Lust Jack and Lust Queen are inspired by an incubus and a succubus, yes :)
All SINS characters have "evil" details, like horns, wings and spikes, but (at least in my interpretation) they're not *real* demons or vampires. They just represents the SINS inside us, so they have a fierce look.

The Apple of Knowledge is the main graphic element of the deck - it's the origin of the first SIN, so a lot of courts are marked with it.

I love share some of my thoughts about the decks I made, but in the end I think the best part is the interpretation. For example, I didn't thought about the female Lust as Lilith, but now I think about that, she fit her perfectly.

I think a lot will be revealed with the next Kardify article on SINS Mentis :-)
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

What if.... USPCC?
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Thirdway Industries wrote:What if.... USPCC?
Azid

Unread post by Azid »

Thirdway Industries wrote:What if.... USPCC?
Considering the misalignment risk from USPCC and your details that go close to the edges, i'm not sure if this would be the best idea.
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

@Azid - I'm aware of that... I think I can reduce the designs a little and ask USPCC to be very careful - it's a solveable problem, I think :-)
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Though I agree with Azid about the registration issues, if you could make adjustments to control the margin of error, I would be quite interested in a deck made by USPC :D ...would you consider having a Bicycle branded deck?

Either way, I will definitely be backing this project :drool:
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

.... with Bee Stock ?

Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

@Sherman - Bycicle brand is not an option for SINS, but in future... why not? :)

@Bruno - I haven't discussed details with USPCC - but I considered to ask them about Bee Stock. Let's see :-)

Anyway, my two options for SINS are EPCC and USPCC - other companies are not an option. I think both are great, I want the best quality possible for my decks - I have just to decide wich one hehe
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Kardify just published a new article about SINS, that talks about the second "unlimited" deck, SINS Mentis.

And finally a Queen of Hearts (Lust, of course) is revealed!

>> http://www.kardify.com/2017/02/first-lo ... by_10.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mentis_render.jpg
mentis_render.jpg (236.06 KiB) Viewed 2288 times