Dondorf Hundertjahrkarte restoration, uncut sheets available

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Re: Dondorf #1000 Hundertjahrkarte restoration - April

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

As we continue moving towards announcement of the Kickstarter campaign:
IMG_20170325_154506_478.jpg
Missing - somewhere in Bavaria, 1933: the Dondorf #1000 King of Hearts. Have you seen him? Faithful restoration coming soon from Chromografix™, crafted by Lotrek of Oath Playing Cards in Athens. The first first quality old world restoration of this outstanding deck in nearly fifty years, and even that had simple geometric backs instead of the glorious twelve color backs of the original that this restoration will use.
2017-03-23 12.43.28.jpg
2017-03-23 12.43.28.jpg (140.55 KiB) Viewed 6118 times
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
TGunitedcardists

Re: Dondorf #1000 Hundertjahrkarte restoration - soon

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

Mike Ratledge wrote: They will be produced as a pair, but the "player's deck" (I never liked "display", it's opposite the intent) with J/Q/K indices on the orange-toned back color. The master Recreation - gilded - will have metallic ink and foil on the tucks. The deck you play with is optional, but I hope everyone adds one for $20. That's a lot for an extra deck, but I think it's reasonable. The back will be exactly as on the OG 1933 edition. The Royal Gothic reprint in 1970's by Waddington in Britain has very simple (comparatively) backs. I have both, one pair of those still sealed.

I am likely going to run a pre-sale on UCdecksales for $90, as opposed to the $100 it will be for both decks on Kickstarter. Kind of a member benefit? I'd have to limit it to 1 or 2 sets since there are only 225 available of 250 printed.
Any chance of an only "players/display" deck for us that really, really like the cards but are on the fence about a $90 price tag? They absolutely look great, but as much as I would like to be, I'm on the lower price per deck collection group.
theCapraAegagrus

Re: Dondorf #1000 Hundertjahrkarte restoration - April on KS

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Mike - Will you clarify something for me, please?

Initially I was under the impression that if you spent $120 during this pre-sale that you would receive a total of 4 decks:

X1 Restoration Green Back Gilded
X1 Restoration Orange Back Gilded
X1 "Gothic" Green Back Players
X1 "Gothic" Orange Back Players

Re-reading last night it seems like the $120 (including shipping) will include 2 decks total:

(I may have the colors mixed up here.) Can you clarify the total amount of different decks being produced here?

For those on the edge of supporting this printing and with a budget to allocate, like myself, this could make a big difference.

Thank you in advance!
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

TwoPieceFeed wrote:Mike - Will you clarify something for me, please?

Initially I was under the impression that if you spent $120 during this pre-sale that you would receive a total of 4 decks:

Re-reading last night it seems like the $120 (including shipping) will include 2 decks total:

(I may have the colors mixed up here.) Can you clarify the total amount of different decks being produced here?

For those on the edge of supporting this printing and with a budget to allocate, like myself, this could make a big difference.

Thank you in advance!
Well, I might have posted confusing things, but there has never been more than two varieties, originally it was only the gold-bordered back version (now the "fully restored" one), limited to 250 copies. I manged to talk Cartamundi into letting me do up to 250 more with the orange-tone back border but they want me only to sell that player's deck with the main restoration version. It won't be gilded, it will have a plain tuck, not faux leather with the gold "buckle" device. Note that the pictures I have shown makes it look like real leather and a gold emblem in the original, but it is fake leather with an embossed gold symbol stamped onto the box, not actually a separate buckle. I will attach a pix of the OG box.

Original box, cardboard lined with gold foil, faux leather look
Original box, cardboard lined with gold foil, faux leather look
>Mike<
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Dondorf #1000 Hundertjahrkarte restoration - soon

Unread post by ecNate »

Thanks for the clarification Mike, but part 2 was a question on price. Your comment now seems pretty obvious that you can get both (the ONLY two available) for $90, both the gilded and the player deck. Correct?
Mike Ratledge wrote:I am likely going to run a pre-sale on UCdecksales for $90, as opposed to the $100 it will be for both decks on Kickstarter.

Some of the confusion seems to come from the $20 player deck as an add-on. I think you are saying it's $70 for the gilded and if you get both it's another $20 for a total of $90. Or is the new plan a direct pair purchase, no gilded only deck? Makes sense given the presumed restrictions. However, an important note is don't expect to be able to buy just the player deck, at least not directly.

I can just wait for the official pre-sale, but sounds like some want to plan ahead for funding.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

We are trying our best to sstick to my hopeful pricing, which is what you said (well, close - $80 for the restoration deck, $10 for shipping worldwide + $20 if you want the player's deck).

That's $90 for the main (gold backed edged) deck with shipping, or $110 for both.

We are thinking $100 for the main deck might be more likely, but we have not decided. We have a couple surprises still up our sleeves, we'll see.

Regardless of whether we can hold the line on the price, it will be $20 less for the pre-sale. That will be three days on UCdecksales and only announced here. (two set limit per person)

Maybe part of the problem is deducing the price from the pre-sale? It will only be the set available to members here, not $70 for the restoration deck only.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Bruno
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Bruno »

Put me down for two sets please, most definite-ly !

'Tis a wonderfull concept to bring us Daddio, and we are the richer for your pains ....

Many and profuse thanks to you Mike .... and to our :ugking: Hired Invalid :ugking: of course.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
pablo19

Unread post by pablo19 »

I dont mean to be disrespectful, but how can these be so expnesive to produce? I can only imagine A.S.S is taking an enormous share. Lotrek produced the imperial signature decks with hot stamped foils and a real leather tuck for less...(?)
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

One thing you're not considering the edge gilding. If that is done by hand or uses real precious metals (silver or gold) then the material and time cost goes up very quickly. The Uusi Pagan tarot deck was $100 for 24k gold gilding (vs $30 for same deck without gilding, but both had foil). The Magna Carta King John deck used much cheaper silver gilding and was $35. Yes, it's possible to do it much cheaper, but I can only assume it will be properly done here which will account for a good portion of the costs.

I'm sure Mike will provide full details on that later.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

pablo19 wrote:I dont mean to be disrespectful, but how can these be so expnesive to produce? I can only imagine A.S.S is taking an enormous share. Lotrek produced the imperial signature decks with hot stamped foils and a real leather tuck for less...(?)
Licensing and gilding are the two biggest expenses, but you are looking at a leather foiled tuck, metallic gold inks and multiple foiling. We're trying to be reasonable, but I am not willing to compromise.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

pablo19

Unread post by pablo19 »

I've been looking into it a bit. There is at least one other reproduction of this deck other than the Waddigtons one. With a different box, see: http://www.spielkartenonline-shop.de/de ... 14560.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It says 80€, but I got one from eBay over the weekend for 13€ I'll put up pictures when it arrives. It's unclear who printed these, Fournier keeps appearing in descriptions, but I think VASS (Vereinigte Altenburger und Stralsunder Spielkartenfabriken) is more likely. Also they were printed 1975 apparently, same time the waddingtons came out.

To add to the discussion on his deck I'll translate part of what Peter Endebrock writes on his site:
(http://www.endebrock.de/coll/pages-de/d1128.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

"[...]
[Dondorf GmbH] was at the time no longer independent, it had been taken over by Flemming-Wiskott in Glogau and these in turn were taken over by the Vereinigten Altenburger und Stralsunder Spielkartenfabriken.
The set was uncommonly painstakinly made using chromolithography[...] In the accompanying booklet it is described as 'A new german set - not only from its provenance, but also from its craft and art'. The figures appearing in the background of the court cards are explained in the booklet. On the back of the cards, the Watburg is pictured in the background.
[...]
There are new editions of this set since 1975. They are different from the original in the printing (offset printing), the backs, the black color of the text in the four of hearts and a six -pointed star in the color-mark in the center of the ace of hearts. Some reprints have the Indices AKQJ [for the courts] instead of AKDB"
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Interesting that it was reprinted two different places at almost the same time. The tuck that is shown is a generic one, and this version has the strange two color backs (one red & gold tone, the other blue & gold tone) which makes little sense, especially because the original backs are a twelve color - in my opinion beautiful - design.

Also curious about the price for them. I suspect that it's just been hiked up as the supply gets low, because the Waddington version - which is identical except for the tuck - sells for about $15-$20 used and I found one unopened for $30 a few years ago. (actually blue back deck is sealed, red one is opened)

The other thing is that every example I have seen has those same washed out colors instead of the brilliant colors of the original. Not much care was taken as far as truly representing the true colors, which again is odd because these are the only example that I know of with 16 color faces. I am sure there likely are other decks that way, because I have several other German made decks with 12 color faces. One example is a salesmen's sample made by Dr Zander which has a truly unremarkable two color tuck, and only by examination of the inside (I. E. cards) do you see the quality and 12 color faces.

In any case, these will be the only true restoration ever done, since the others all have the plain backs. In my mind it looks like someone took scans of the faces and didn't have the OG back? Not sure, but that might explain why it has those relatively ugly backs and were named "Royal Gothic".
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Watch this space. I will be making an announcement within the next few days.

There will be a 3-day pre-sale for members only on UCdecksales before we launch the KS campaign. A total of 250 decks of the Dondorf #1000 Centennial Jubilee restoration project will be available there, except for the up to 100 pre-sale.

The $105 price includes the player's deck, but you will need to add $10 for shipping. On KS it will be $130 total. Limit one set for the pre-sale and two on KS.

Specifics and more details will be posted in a few days, no more than a week, now.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Mike Ratledge wrote:Watch this space. I will be making an announcement within the next few days.

There will be a 3-day pre-sale for members only on UCdecksales before we launch the KS campaign. A total of 250 decks of the Dondorf #1000 Centennial Jubilee restoration project will be available there, except for the up to 100 pre-sale.

The & 180 price includes the player's deck, but you will need to add $10 for shipping. On KS it will be $130 total. Limit one set for the pre-sale and two on KS.

Specifics and more details will be posted in a few days, no more than a week, now.
Mike, don't you mean $100? I know shipping is $10.

Thanks.
Move on, nothing to see here.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Mike Ratledge wrote:
TwoPieceFeed wrote:Mike - Will you clarify something for me, please?

Thank you in advance!
Well, I might have posted confusing things, but there has never been more than two varieties, originally it was only the gold-bordered back version (now the "fully restored" one), limited to 250 copies. I manged to talk Cartamundi into letting me do up to 250 more with the orange-tone back border but they want me only to sell that player's deck with the main restoration version. It won't be gilded, it will have a plain tuck, not faux leather with the gold "buckle" device. Note that the pictures I have shown makes it look like real leather and a gold emblem in the original, but it is fake leather with an embossed gold symbol stamped onto the box, not actually a separate buckle. I will attach a pix of the OG box.

2017-01-19 02.05.29.jpg
I think it was a combination of starting the thread prior to all details being ironed out (not a criticism - I like being informed about projects prior to the pre-order or release date) and hope. I was hoping/thinking it was both decks remastered and gilded.

Unfortunately I'll have to pass, as I'm not into restorations, and despite being one of Lotrek's biggest fans. Some other lucky person will reap these rewards! Possibly THE best restoration project and with one of the best card artists. Great collaboration, Mike.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

RichK wrote:
Mike Ratledge wrote:The & 180 price includes the player's deck, but you will need to add $10 for shipping. On KS it will be $130 total. Limit one set for the pre-sale and two on KS.

Mike, don't you mean $100? I know shipping is $10.

Thanks.
Shipping is $5 for the pre-sale. Go figure that I got everything right but that. It should be $105 - fixed...

I never really expected it to be for everyone, no doubt.
2017-04-03 19.44.13.jpg
2017-04-03 19.44.13.jpg (310.34 KiB) Viewed 2301 times
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK, I went ahead and put 85 sets in stock on UCdecksales. They can be backed until 10PM Eastern/NYC time the day before we launch the Kickstarter campaign. I expect to see the launch on Saturday April 15th, though it might slip to the 22nd.

Remember - this is a CrowdFunded deck, and I have not figured out what the expected delivery date is yet, but just to be safe here I will say October. I hope to beat that date, but I don't want you expecting it earlier.

In exchange for the votes of confidence, you will get serial numbers 11 and up in the order received. It is as noted above $105 including worldwide shipping for the complete set.including two decks, the full restoration and the ungilded player's deck.

They will be $130 from Kickstarter. I can only sell one per member at that price.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon

Unread post by chach »

Mike Ratledge wrote:OK, I went ahead and put 85 sets in stock on UCdecksales. They can be backed until 10PM Eastern/NYC time the day before we launch the Kickstarter campaign. I expect to see the launch on Saturday April 15th, though it might slip to the 22nd.

Do you have a direct link to them cause I'm not seeing them. Or am I confused and they're not up just yet?
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
TGunitedcardists

Mike Ratledge wrote:OK, I went ahead and put 85 sets in stock on UCdecksales. They can be backed until 10PM Eastern/NYC time the day before we launch the Kickstarter campaign. I expect to see the launch on Saturday April 15th, though it might slip to the 22nd.

Remember - this is a CrowdFunded deck, and I have not figured out what the expected delivery date is yet, but just to be safe here I will say October. I hope to beat that date, but I don't want you expecting it earlier.

In exchange for the votes of confidence, you will get serial numbers 11 and up in the order received. It is as noted above $105 including worldwide shipping for the complete set.including two decks, the full restoration and the ungilded player's deck.

They will be $130 from Kickstarter. I can only sell one per member at that price.
OK. I've decided. I passed on a few Kickstarter projects to justify this one. I'm dropping the $105 including worldwide shipping. However, I looked on UCdecksales and I don't see the deck listed. Will be watching this space for more information.
dcmcalirep

Unread post by dcmcalirep »

I put "restoration" in the search box and they popped up.
TGunitedcardists

dcmcalirep wrote:I put "restoration" in the search box and they popped up.
Thanks. That did it!

1x Dondorf #1000 Hundertjahrkarte restoration for $105.00 each
pablo

Unread post by pablo »

Me too, how come they are being pre-sold so suddenly?

Enviado desde mi Aquaris_M4.5 mediante Tapatalk
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you to those who already backed this project! You will be receiving Dondorf #1000 Hundertjahrkarte restoration sets with numbers in the low "teens", and I am humbled by your faith in this endeavor.

I knew this would come up, so let me explain how we arrived at the price: we have to have $100 per set to even break even, and the fact is that I want to keep a little bit in the tank to help jump start future restoration projects. Using PayPal, Shopify payments (and Stripe on KS) we get about 90-95% of the actual amount pledged. For Shopify & PayPal outside KS it amounts to $101.65 after they take their discount for domestic / US backers and only $100.08 if you are overseas. Once we get to Kickstarter, out of $130 we get about $117. That alone was reason enough to push the price up $13. Now, KS isn't exactly that, I am sure someone will point out, but if you only get the main deck there we get $99 for US backers and about $98 overseas. I am not making a bunch of money here.

We have not nailed down anything specific, but I am looking at decks like the original Orient Express and "Four Seasons" - both of which have the old style 3/4 perspective courts. Two distinct avenues exist, one with other beautiful Dondorf decks made for the Danish market in the early 1900's like the Saks & Co deck, Le Hombre, Luxeskarte, etc. The other I already mentioned, and would involve trying to get licenses from other companies. I would love to hear suggestions, but realize that some of them might be impossible to get the rights to do.

Working on the last few remaining details, I figured out a possible way for both decks to be gilded, although the Player's deck would be the "flash" method where they heat copper-aluminum foil and instantly blast it onto the edges of the decks. It might even end up with a slightly different gilded look, but anyone who has seen a Congress #606 deck made since the 1930's knows that they look to be gilded with real gold. I can't promise that yet, but I do see a potential way to get there. That second deck would still be a "whole other animal" when compared to the restoration. We're looking at 330gsm German made casino quality black core paper bond/stock, and likely both decks will use similar paper.

I will detail more as the Kickstarter campaign launch gets closer.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

TGunitedcardists

Mike Ratledge wrote:Thank you to those who already backed this project! You will be receiving Dondorf #1000 Hundertjahrkarte restoration sets with numbers in the low "teens", and I am humbled by your faith in this endeavor.

I knew this would come up, so let me explain how we arrived at the price: we have to have $100 per set to even break even, and the fact is that I want to keep a little bit in the tank to help jump start future restoration projects. Using PayPal, Shopify payments (and Stripe on KS) we get about 90-95% of the actual amount pledged. For Shopify & PayPal outside KS it amounts to $101.65 after they take their discount for domestic / US backers and only $100.08 if you are overseas. Once we get to Kickstarter, out of $130 we get about $117. That alone was reason enough to push the price up $13. Now, KS isn't exactly that, I am sure someone will point out, but if you only get the main deck there we get $99 for US backers and about $98 overseas. I am not making a bunch of money here.

We have not nailed down anything specific, but I am looking at decks like the original Orient Express and "Four Seasons" - both of which have the old style 3/4 perspective courts. Two distinct avenues exist, one with other beautiful Dondorf decks made for the Danish market in the early 1900's like the Saks & Co deck, Le Hombre, Luxeskarte, etc. The other I already mentioned, and would involve trying to get licenses from other companies. I would love to hear suggestions, but realize that some of them might be impossible to get the rights to do.
It's my hope there could be some really, really plain & cheap display decks along with the Cadillac version. Perhaps the 250 print run is a tad too small.

What I don't understand is the license fees. Aren't really old decks out of copyright?
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

TGunitedcardists wrote:It's my hope there could be some really, really plain & cheap display decks along with the Cadillac version. Perhaps the 250 print run is a tad too small.

What I don't understand is the license fees. Aren't really old decks out of copyright?
You know that I had hoped to be able to do them less expensively and sell them outside of the main project without the fancy restoration deck, let's say for around $10 anyway.

I had to agree to baby steps this time. No matter what I claim or show the marketing people for - in this case Cartamundi - they want to see me walk the walk and not just talk the talk.

We absolutely WILL do exactly that, and hopefully we can get less restricted terms in the future, but for now originally I only got permission to do 250 decks total, and only by showing my cards I was able to convince them to let me add 250 Player's decks.

That number of decks just isn't enough to get the price down to a reasonable amount. I expect that the Player's decks will cost $8 without gilding. That's not a lot of leeway when I only have 250 to work with. It also doesn't include anything else, licensing or other fees, which I am trying to bury in the main 250 decks.

We'll see, moving forward, but the absolute best thing that can happen for the future success of this outstanding first attempt is for it to sell out and have people wanting more - way more. That's why I am so picky about how it is done, and hopefully it will get us to that next level. I can't possibly predict exactly where this will go, but my hopes are that I can do more in the near future. If it's truly successful I hope to be able to make at least 500 of future restoration decks. I have to be careful, if they become commodities instead of true novelties, they could end up being unworthy or unwanted. Maybe we can get to 1000? That's the upper limit in my mind, at least for the true restoration decks.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

TGunitedcardists

Mike Ratledge wrote: You know that I had hoped to be able to do them less expensively and sell them outside of the main project without the fancy restoration deck, let's say for around $10 anyway.

I had to agree to baby steps this time. No matter what I claim or show the marketing people for - in this case Cartamundi - they want to see me walk the walk and not just talk the talk.

We absolutely WILL do exactly that, and hopefully we can get less restricted terms in the future, but for now originally I only got permission to do 250 decks total, and only by showing my cards I was able to convince them to let me add 250 Player's decks.

That number of decks just isn't enough to get the price down to a reasonable amount. I expect that the Player's decks will cost $8 without gilding. That's not a lot of leeway when I only have 250 to work with. It also doesn't include anything else, licensing or other fees, which I am trying to bury in the main 250 decks.

We'll see, moving forward, but the absolute best thing that can happen for the future success of this outstanding first attempt is for it to sell out and have people wanting more - way more. That's why I am so picky about how it is done, and hopefully it will get us to that next level. I can't possibly predict exactly where this will go, but my hopes are that I can do more in the near future. If it's truly successful I hope to be able to make at least 500 of future restoration decks. I have to be careful, if they become commodities instead of true novelties, they could end up being unworthy or unwanted. Maybe we can get to 1000? That's the upper limit in my mind, at least for the true restoration decks.
This is excellent news and information. I love old decks. The cheaper prices for the non-fancy versions are most welcome. Good news on the horizon. Thanks for taking the time to explain the process.

Lead the ship!
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

dcmcalirep wrote:I put "restoration" in the search box and they popped up.
"Dondorf" works, also.

I want to keep this for UC members, so I didn't link it to the Decks for Sale group - yet:

https://ucdecksales.com/products/dondor ... estoration

It must be not too hard to find, because the "teens" are taken, except for one, I think.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Great Lakes Cards
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 25

Unread post by Great Lakes Cards »

Best of luck with this project. I love the attention to detail and restoration over profit. I understand that bills have to get paid but I love the idea of taking these older/historic decks and exposing them to a wider/new audience. Part of the fun of playing cards for me is seeing the role they play in telling the history of where they are from - both geographically and timeline. I'm not sure my budget will allow snagging one of these but I'm fully on board in spirit.
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Got one. Thanks Mike!
Move on, nothing to see here.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great Lakes Cards wrote:Best of luck with this project. I love the attention to detail and restoration over profit. I understand that bills have to get paid but I love the idea of taking these older/historic decks and exposing them to a wider/new audience. Part of the fun of playing cards for me is seeing the role they play in telling the history of where they are from - both geographically and timeline. I'm not sure my budget will allow snagging one of these but I'm fully on board in spirit.
If ever there was a deck with a story, this is it. I detailed it partially in the first couple of posts. I am looking for the booklet (likely only in German?) that came with these or maybe with the German reprint. I want to complete the picture, and include it with the restoration set. I have found most of the small things included in the OG set, but I don't have that.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<