Bicycle "Transducer" Decks

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
RSLancastr
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 2500

Bicycle "Transducer" Decks

Unread post by RSLancastr »

Can anyone explain to me what the connecting "theme" is to the Bicycle Transducer decks?

First, does anyone know why the name "Transducer"?

As I understand it, a Transducer - in electronics - changes a signal from one type to another.

And some of the Transducer deck names are of things which can change what they touch (Lava, for example).

But the "Night Sakura" (sp?) one? "Sakura" means "Cherry Blossom".

And the latest refers to Origami - which, I suppose, changes a sheet of paper into a crane or whatever.

I only have the Night Sakura edition so far, and so have little to go on.

Thoughts?
-Marcel Marceau
badpete69
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Bicycle "Transducer" Decks

Unread post by badpete69 »

RS

i think the transducer theme was used on the creator decks because he is a scientist first and foremost

From the K3 studio on deviant art webpage, here is a description of who the creator is

"I'm a scientist and an artist. My name as an artist is k3. Actually my occupation is a scientist. Art is one of my hobbies. I have a Ph.D. in Physics. My field of science is Physics and Nanoscience. The compositions and atmosphere of my works are reflected from my mind of when I'm cogitating about my researches. I usually create various scenes of both science and art to my brain during sleeping. I can think clearly while sleeping. The velocity during sleeping is different from the real world. The velocity during sleeping is much faster than that of the real world. Using this ability, I think that the knowledge and experiments of science lead to a new field of the art. And also such knowledge and experiments of art will have to lead to a new field of science. When people see a scene that no one has seen before, everyone is attracted to it. I can have such feeling using an electron microscope. The impression is very wonderful for me. Therefore I have always wanted to let everyone have such feeling. And I have made my art works.

My present field of an art is Digital abstract art. I'll study it more and more, and then I want to create the new field of the art. The Chromatic series is one of the fields. If you like my works, I'm very glad.

I would like to exercise both right and left brain by researching science and art. My future dream is to create a new scientific field. I believe that my messages will be accepted to you some day.

As you said a transducer is a device that converts one form of energy to another. I assume K3 must work with transducers but reading his little biography more closely kind of explains where his inspiration comes from... his fascination for the elements and the sleep process. I guess this is as close as an explanation I can find

I have all 5 decks in the series. Here are stock picks of the decks

EDIt Here is the link to the K-3 page http://k3-studio.deviantart.com/

There is the lava deck

The fire deck

The water deck

The night sakura deck

and the Oriduru

one final pic

phantom1412

Unread post by phantom1412 »

I think the first three are in similar theme, but not quite sure why the night sakura and oriduru, it's Japanese's sakura, and Origami.
Maybe its because the artist is Japanese, but the first three decks are not Japanese theme decks.
RSLancastr
Decks Owned: 2500

Unread post by RSLancastr »

They are certainly pretty, I just don't see anything connecting them to the overarching title "Transducer, nor really much of anything connecting them to each other. They could be decks with totally different and unrelated names and would still have the same impact.

Also, I was disappointed in the court cards I have seen so far. Slapping a custom pip on a court card does not make it a "custom court card" in my book.

As for the above-quoted explanation the decks' artist gave of his or her art, I am tempted to say that he or she has been exposed to a few too many chemical compounds in his or her work as a scientist.
-Marcel Marceau