Viceroys

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
UtterFool

Re: Viceroys now live on Kickstarter

Unread post by UtterFool »

I am unfortunately thrown off to much by the back. The difference from front to back is so "off putting" for me to enjoy the cards.
I would back these in a heart beat if the back art matched the beauty (and color) of the front art.

Räpylätassu wrote:
But anyways, I like this and I hope that it does not remind me too much that there are movies called Star Wars Episodes 1, 2 and 3 in this universe :D
This is a common mistake.
There are no episodes 1, 2, or 3. Lucas (the original director) started his series with episode 4. Although when it was first released it was not labeled or named as such.
This starting with 4 confuses many people.
Many young people have just started learning about Star Wars with Episode 7.
Not having seen the original trilogy, they assume that there are 6 other movies. When the series actually began with episode 4.
So in total there are 4 Star Wars movies. 5 if you count Rouge One (which I don't)

I hope that clears things up for you Räpylätassu
"I have nothing to declare except my folly"
Räpylätassu
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

UtterFool wrote:
Räpylätassu wrote:
But anyways, I like this and I hope that it does not remind me too much that there are movies called Star Wars Episodes 1, 2 and 3 in this universe :D
This is a common mistake.
There are no episodes 1, 2, or 3. Lucas (the original director) started his series with episode 4. Although when it was first released it was not labeled or named as such.
This starting with 4 confuses many people.
Many young people have just started learning about Star Wars with Episode 7.
Not having seen the original trilogy, they assume that there are 6 other movies. When the series actually began with episode 4.
So in total there are 4 Star Wars movies. 5 if you count Rouge One (which I don't)

I hope that clears things up for you Räpylätassu
I assume that next you will tell me that water is wet?
There are 4 Star Wars movies and 3 abominations that are unfortunately Star Wars movies. As much as I would like to forget that they were actually made, there is no escaping the horrible truth.

And what's with Rouge One? It wasn't great but it wasn't a bad movie by any means, I quite enjoyed it although I hoped that it would be better.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

I hate to kill J.J. Abrams reputation but Star Wars 7 was a 4-6 mashup. I felt after watching 7 that nothing was new about it.

As for Viceroys I backed it. The blue back much better than black one but still needs color. The pattern is on a King so there's a lose tie together of back and front.
Move on, nothing to see here.
cartamundicards
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 600

Re: Viceroys ... soon

Unread post by cartamundicards »

shimmering wrote:All right, here comes the live link ... Hope some of you like the design.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/73 ... ying-cards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

If you are going to order through Cartamundi, ask for our B9 finish and the DMC ELITES Rouge as reference! I'm 100% sure you will prefer the quality of these over anything else we can provide.

Kind regards

Jirs
Jirs Huygen
Cartamundi Playing Card Ambassador
(and all round playing card fanatic)
shimmering
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by shimmering »

If any of you are interested in getting some of these cards, see here:

http://www.northerndisplayers.co.uk/viceroys.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
viceroys-all.jpg
viceroys-all.jpg (55.39 KiB) Viewed 1094 times