dan & dave ammo can- real alternative?

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
darkinertia

dan & dave ammo can- real alternative?

Unread post by darkinertia »

so ive been looking at the ammo canister that theyre selling on dan and daves site and while its nice, its safe to say its completely overpriced. i seriously thought i was just missing something because the price was so high, i thought it at least came with more than one deck...

but that got me thinking, why dont i just get a REAL ammo can for 3-5 bucks? the only problem is the military surplus store near me closed down so i cant walk into a store and find the right one that would fit the decks somewhat perfectly...does anyone know what would be a good size that similar to the one D&D use? if it comes down to it ill probably just get this one http://www.amazon.com/Military-Surplus- ... +can+small" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and clean it up, it says the width is 3-3/4 but im not sure if thats the width of the actual box or the inside because if it were the inside it would fit perfectly
alric
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Re: dan & dave ammo can- real alternative?

Unread post by alric »

Seeing how its from D&D, of course it would be overpriced. I don't think ammo cans are the most practical ways to store decks anyways. Too heavy and bulky for playing cards. There is an army surplus store in my town, so I'll check to see if they have ammo cans, and if they do, I'll check to see what caliber ammo cans will fit decks.
darkinertia

Re: dan & dave ammo can- real alternative?

Unread post by darkinertia »

awesome thanks

and yeah it might be too bulky but since im into guns and knives too, i figure if i dont like it i can always use it for ammo storage...im still looking around for that perfect place to store all my decks that are out of rotation too