Overlords Playing Cards... now live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
2GG

Overlords Playing Cards... now live on KS

Unread post by 2GG »

Today we launched the campaign for our newest deck of Playing Cards. Overlords is a 56 card, classic style poker deck with a truly unique Sci Fi twist. The deck was inspired by movies like... Dune, Highlander, and even Romeo & Juliet. Printing & Fulfillment by Noir Arts. USA/EU/Australia/Canada Friendly shipping.

LINK
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/27 ... i-fi-twist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Re: Overlords Playing Cards... now live on KS

Unread post by Fes »

I wonder if when designing this deck the question was ever raised. "Would I spend $19 for this deck myself?"

The font choice on the indices, ugh. This is not to my taste but I do wish you guys luck on your campaign.
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
2GG

Unread post by 2GG »

Fes ,

I get it. Not every deck is for everyone. You pick and choose what you like. I've backed over 50 KS Playing Card decks and continue to do so today with stuff I like. Some things I get and others I pass on. I am just a big fan of playing cards in general and collect them from all over the world.

The font, for me, fits the tone of the deck and the story that we are trying to tell. It's easy to read, clean looking and has that subtle sci fi look. Font is a very personal thing nowadays... guess that is why there is 1000's upon 1000's out there.

Thanks for the input though.

2GG
vincero
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Unread post by vincero »

2GG,
Can you clarify the stretch goal for $10,000?
There was one KS comment from Jazzy Bear Brown [Collaborator] that it would be foiled-backs but in the main campaign page it mentions gold metallic ink.
which one is it?
2GG

Unread post by 2GG »

Vincero,

Sure... It is Gold Metallic INK card backs, not foil backs. He got that confused with something else we have been considering. If we get above $10,000, we are thinking about doing a Gold Foil tuck box. Hope that clears it up.

Thanks for seeing that so we can add a correction to the comments section
2GG