Butterfly Playing Cards

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Butterfly Cards
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Butterfly Playing Cards

Unread post by Butterfly Cards »

The Butterfly Playing Cards
are launching on Indiegogo on November 16th at 12 PM EST.

The deck has been endorsed by some of the biggest names in magic for the unique marking system hidden in its back design.
It has standard US faces as it is intended mainly for magicians who prefer standard faces as they are familiar to everybody and easy to recognise. The Jokers, the Ace of Spades, tuck case and the back design are designed by Swedish magician and designer Stefan Eriksson.

If you don't do magic, these cards may make you want to start.
They will enable you to perform amazing effects not possible with any other deck. And as a bonus... they are quite pretty.
You can watch some of the magic effects on The Butterfly Playing Cards YouTube Channel and more will be added in the following days and during the Indiegogo campaign.

The Cards will be printed in Belgium by Cartamundi as their new card stock strives to be the new highest standard of Custom Playing Cards. If you had a chance to feel the new Cardistry Touch deck of Dimitri and Ladislas, Butterfly Playing Cards will have a very similar feel as the card stock is the same, only the finishing and structure of the surface is going to be slightly different. I went to Turnhout, Belgium, to visit their mother factory, see their technology, talk to their engineers and designers and I am convinced that there is no better option to print this deck than with Cartamundi. The Butterfly Playing Cards are borderless and it is very important for me that they are cut very precisely. USPCC has a historical problem with registration of the edges. You can often see that their borders are unequal in size because the cards are poorly cut. Taiwan produces much better results but still can't guarantee anything. Cartamundi can guarantee 0.5 mm registration as any deck containing even just a single card off-centred for more than 0.5 mm gets discarded.

The Indiegogo campaign will have some standard stretch goals like inner printing of the tuck case, spot uv and also one very special effect for the box that has not been done before. I can't talk about it yet, but it is something very cool to look forward to. There is also another color version in store. Or two ;)
The one month of the campaign will be an exciting ride filled with fun and nice surprises and I cordially invite you to join me and The Butterfly Playing Cards on November 16th on Indiegogo.

Ondrej Psenicka
Attachments
Butterfly Playing Cards 1.jpeg
Butterfly Playing Cards 2.jpeg
Butterfly Playing Cards 3.jpeg
Butterfly Playing Cards 4.jpeg
Justin O.
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Butterfly Playing Cards

Unread post by Justin O. »

Neat
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
montecarlojoe
Player: Yes
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

Shame about the standard faces, but the use of negative space hear is great. Makes for a really nice borderless back.
Butterfly Cards
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

montecarlojoe wrote:Shame about the standard faces, but the use of negative space hear is great. Makes for a really nice borderless back.
Thank you, montecarlojoe! Yes, we tried many versions and options and found this to be the best one. I understand that fully custom faces would be nicer for collectors and design/art lovers in general. I was even thinking about making them custom, but then they would be frowned upon by the magic community which these cards are intended for. Thank you for your feedback.
Ondrej
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

I just thought I would point out that this project, though on Indiegogo, has been funded in less than 48 hours and is still going strong. :D
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Pablo393
Decks Owned: 634

Re: Butterfly Playing Cards (wap)

Unread post by Pablo393 »

This was the first indiegogo project I backed so I was very happy when it funded seeing as the money is taken as soon as you pledge. I really like the backs, so I am glad all around.
Butterfly Cards
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Thank you guys for the nice messages.

We are already at almost 150% after five days and there is still so much more waiting ahead.
I have some special effects ready for the box that haven't been done before and one really nice co-operation with the author of Carat Card CasesTM, Sherman Tsao, that I am pretty sure, that you will like a lot.

If you have any questions about the project or suggestions or any comments at all, I am here to answer any and all of them.
Best,
Ondrej

The campaign is live on Indiegogo at https://igg.me/at/butterflyplayingcards
Kardify_ad3.jpg
Kardify_ad3.jpg (220.02 KiB) Viewed 1428 times
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Are instructions included on how to perform the effects that you demonstrate on the campaign videos?
This space intentionally left blank.
Butterfly Cards
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

rousselle wrote:Are instructions included on how to perform the effects that you demonstrate on the campaign videos?
Hi Rousselle,
I wrote a companion manuscript that will be available as an add-on during the campaign.

All of the routines performed on Butterfly Playing Cards YouTube Channel are explained in the manuscript plus a few more.
The first chapter talks about the history of the principles involved and the entire journey of development of the system within.
The routines serve as an inspiration, so you see what the cards are capable of and you can either perform them as they are or develop them according to your own skill set.

Everyone pledging for a Brick of Butterfly Playing Cards and more will get a free pdf of the manuscript.

Let me know if you have any more questions,
Ondrej
Butterfly Cards
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

rousselle wrote:Are instructions included on how to perform the effects that you demonstrate on the campaign videos?
Plus everyone pledging will get a link to online pdf of the second chapter of the companion book that explains the marking system.
Once you know how the deck works, you'll be able to understand how to do the effects in the videos.
Butterfly Cards
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Butterfly Carat Card Cases™

Hi everybody, I just wanted to announce that now you can get a beautiful acrylic case with your Butterfly decks. We've made them in cooperation with Sherman Tsao and the cases are custom made to perfectly fit the Butterfly deck and have a laser etched butterfly that perfectly aligns with the butterfly on the box. You can find them among the perks on Indiegogo.
Butterfly_Carat_Card_Case_3.jpg
Butterfly Cards
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Last day of the campaign!

THE LAST CHANCE
It is the last day of the campaign!

We have reached all of the stretch goals.
We will have an interior box design.
We will print both Blue and Red decks.
We will print both Marked and Unmarked decks.

We have beautiful custom Carat Card Cases™, books and uncut sheets.
There are only a few of the highest pledges left and the response from everyone, who has already received their prototypes, has been amazing.

We got great reviews from Andy of The Jerx, Ning of NingThing.com, David of Magic Orthodoxy, Max of Max Playing Cards and Sorin of New Magic Films.

There are just 27 hours left!
If you haven't already, now is the time to get some decks and be a part of this amazing success.

Get your Butterfly Playing Cards on Indiegogo.

Yours in Wonder,

Ondrej Psenicka