TITANS Playing Cards Robber Barons Edition by Jody Eklund

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
jerichoholic
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Re: TITANS Playing Cards Robber Barons Edition by Jody Eklun

Unread post by jerichoholic »

10am est? Tokyo time? London time? pst? lol
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
joeblow

Unread post by joeblow »

Mentioned early birds will be available all day so it should not matter. Looking forward to this.
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by jodyeklund »

10am mst I'm in Colorado. Yes the early birds will be available for the first 24 hrs, but only 600 signature sets will be made and available and those could go fast. I have set a limited print run of only 1000 of the limite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

...d titans deck. These will be super special[emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

It was great to meet many of you at the 52 Plus Joker this last weekend! I learned so much from all of you! For many of you who could not make the convention, be sure to put it on your calendar for next year in Cincinnati. It would be great to meet you all!

So, I had to hurry back to Colorado and make some final tweaks to my next project on my next Kickstarter project, Titans. This will be launching at 10am (MDT) this morning (in a little over an hour).

I have some great Early Birds and like last time they will last for the first 24 hours. I will only be making 600 of the Signature Series packs (3 deck pack) and 400 of the Leather cases with the limited deck inside. The limited deck will only be a 1000 print run.

I have included the changes I made to the design. Please let me know what you all think.
Attachments
01INTRO-Offering.jpg
01INTRO-Offering.jpg (266.39 KiB) Viewed 1894 times
Azid

Unread post by Azid »

I like the new tucks & back designs more then the original. The Blue gives it a special pop that i missed on the originals.
The only difference i can see between "Standard Black" & "Standard Blue " is the brightness ?
If so would prefer another color for one of these (Red, Green ?)

Greets, Azid
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Azid wrote:The only difference i can see between "Standard Black" & "Standard Blue " is the brightness ?
I thought the same at first but that "brightness" difference you see is actually a different color- the black version is just that, black. But the blue version background color is actually a midnight-type blue, making it appear lighter in shade. I think this is one of those instances where the decks will look much better in-hand than on a PC screen. I hope and assume so anyway..
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

theIndianCardist wrote:Damn that signature series [SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES]

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk
No worries. I noticed the color difference too. The inks will be spec the same when I send the files over. I just have too much to do right now to make the colors look right. Don't worry, those colors are going to be sweet!
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Now live added banner in op
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

badpete69 wrote:Now live added banner in op
Thanks!
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Jody i sent you a note but you don't have a 2 deck pledge level? Is it on purpose? Like using the EB plus 1 add-on
Stepchild
Decks Owned: 146

Unread post by Stepchild »

Wish I understood the deck configuration of the all-in tier a bit better.

Is it 2 of the Signature 3-sets, 2 of the Deluxe leather sets, plus 3 of each of the Standard Blue and Black decks? But it seems like the other tier Signature Sets already add up to 600? Yeah, I don't understand it correctly.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

Free worldwide shipping, you got me there...
Hope others will follow.
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

badpete69 wrote:Jody i sent you a note but you don't have a 2 deck pledge level? Is it on purpose? Like using the EB plus 1 add-on
You just do add-ons. If you want 6 or more decks, you will want to go to the Half Brick tier. You will be able to tell me which color you want in BackerKit.
rrot wrote:Wish I understood the deck configuration of the all-in tier a bit better.

Is it 2 of the Signature 3-sets, 2 of the Deluxe leather sets, plus 3 of each of the Standard Blue and Black decks? But it seems like the other tier Signature Sets already add up to 600? Yeah, I don't understand it correctly.
For the all in tier, you will get

4 three deck packs (Signature series 1 of each deck)
2 Limited Deluxe (2 limited decks, 2 leather cases)
2 Blue Standards & 2 Black Standards (these are for opening up :) )
2 dealer coins
1 free 8x10 print of any card you choose (Signed)
samurai007

Unread post by samurai007 »

Why is the shipping so expensive? $8 to ship a single deck within the USA is a lot IMHO.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

samurai007 wrote:Why is the shipping so expensive? $8 to ship a single deck within the USA is a lot IMHO.
It is only for the standard tier that he has added a shipping charge. All other reward tiers include shipping. This fulfilment will be done by a Chinese fulfilment partner because decks are being produced in China as mentioned on the project page. It also means that Legends will be producing this deck in China and not at the Taiwan factory. Shipping something from Taiwan to China for fulfilment is pretty expensive, it incurs some 17% tax + more, so it is highly likely that production will be in China for this project. I've also seen offers from Chinese fulfilment partners of picking up the consignment from the production vendor for free. At the end, it helps to save cost plus reward fulfilment is faster.

Kudos to Jody that he is trying "Worldwide shipping included" for most of the reward tiers.

From the project page on Kickstarter:
I have some GREAT news! Everyone will receive their rewards much sooner this time around. This is because I have switched my Kickstarter Fulfillment from the US to China where the decks are being produced. The only thing is, I need to add an $8 shipping charge for the STANDARD Reward tier ONLY. All other tiers will not charge for shipping because Worldwide Shipping is included in the price of the reward tier.

The reason for this is simple, I am shipping the rewards from China in April 2017 and not the U.S. which will allow me to keep the cost of shipping down and allow me to give better prices overall. International shipping has become almost astronomical when shipping from the U.S. I was able to get much better rates by shipping from overseas.
pstaehlin
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by pstaehlin »

I'm a backer!! I'm very excited to see these in person! Great work, Jody! Thank you!!!
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

I sure hope the blue on the card backs comes out like the blue in the pictures (which pops!) and doesn't get darkened.
theIndianCardist

Unread post by theIndianCardist »

For the very first time, I backed a project on Kick-starter and this was it. Backed the deluxe tier. Now the wait to get my hands on them :D

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Stretch goals released, copper foil and UV spotting on the backs of all LE cards at $40K. I don't think it'll happen but it would be nice!
theIndianCardist

Unread post by theIndianCardist »

Dear God let it touch 40k :sob:

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

theIndianCardist wrote:Dear God let it touch 40k :sob:

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Good News! We hit $40,000. Foiled backs!
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Got to know backers have started receiving the deck. How are you finding finish, stock and handling? Just wanted to check.
Thedissident001

Unread post by Thedissident001 »

Can anyone confirm whether or not these were printed using the JN finish? The campaign page stated Classic finish, but this may well have changed in the time intervening.

I have only opened the blue standard deck, but was most impressed either way with finish, stock and handling.
Attachments
RB.jpg
RB.jpg (100 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Thedissident001 wrote:Can anyone confirm whether or not these were printed using the JN finish? The campaign page stated Classic finish, but this may well have changed in the time intervening.

I have only opened the blue standard deck, but was most impressed either way with finish, stock and handling.

I believe JN finish's varnish and process was done in Chinese factory [edit]. It was done for EPCC and Legends has not come up with any new update of having this finish available with them.

I might be wrong so it is better to check with Jody. This deck was printed in China by LPCC's Chinese factory and they might be having different names to the finish than what is used in Taiwan. I'm also happy to note that you liked the finish, stock & handling.

I'm also partnering with a factory in China to produce decks, and this type of feedback helps backers/customers regain confidence in printer's capabilities. Jody is a master artist, he has a great following so you're going to find people lapping up his products even when he tries a new factory. For newcomers like me, firstly it is difficult to gain traction and not disclosing the name of the printer, makes it even more difficult for me to gain that first level of trust from potential backers/collectors.

Thus, seeing comments like the above acts as a silver lining in the cloud for me. Being frank, given very strong views on quality from Chinese printers here in the forum, I'm happy for Jody as well as all backers that a good product was produced and delivered to backers.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Received my two Signature Trios shipped directly from LPCC. Instead of one blue, one black, and one Signature deck in each Trio, I have two blues and one Signature deck in each. A couple of other backers commented on the project page that they also received two blue or two black decks instead of one of each.

I'm sure Legends will make this right once Jody brings it to their attention, and hopefully they will be able to do so without having shorted Jody's stock of remaining decks too much. :-(

When I back a project, I always open at least one of each style (in most cases, at least), but I'll hold off opening any of these until I know that the two "standard black" decks are on their way to me. In the meantime... the tucks look positively awesome, and the coin is even more 3-D than past efforts, which were already excellent. :-)
This space intentionally left blank.
shaitani
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Unread post by shaitani »

rousselle wrote:Received my two Signature Trios shipped directly from LPCC. Instead of one blue, one black, and one Signature deck in each Trio, I have two blues and one Signature deck in each. A couple of other backers commented on the project page that they also received two blue or two black decks instead of one of each.

I'm sure Legends will make this right once Jody brings it to their attention, and hopefully they will be able to do so without having shorted Jody's stock of remaining decks too much. :-(

When I back a project, I always open at least one of each style (in most cases, at least), but I'll hold off opening any of these until I know that the two "standard black" decks are on their way to me. In the meantime... the tucks look positively awesome, and the coin is even more 3-D than past efforts, which were already excellent. :-)
I thought that as well when I first opened my Signature box, I had to triple check that I actually had the blue and the black. The problem is that the two look almost identical without closer inspection. I think the blue probably came out a lot darker than anyone expected.

I'm not saying you or the many others didn't indeed get duplicates (like I definitely have in the past with Jody), but just something to double check in case you haven't already.
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Hey everyone! I am glad you all are finally getting your decks. I am truly sorry that some of you got duplicates. I am working on the details right now. It might take a bit, but You will get the correct decks.

Also, I have seen in other comments, as well as on this thread, that people thought I was printing in PRC (China). That is not true. I am still printing from the same factory in Taiwan that I have always printed from. So far, I have not seen anyone match this factory, but for of course, USPCC. (This of course this is my opinion, which is why I choose to keep using the same factory even though it's much more economical for me to change to PRC)

If you look on the page of Titans, it says that I am shipping and fulfilling from China, not printing. The truth is, that changed due to some issues with importing goods from Taiwan to China. I ended up having to ship from Taiwan, which will cost me all of the money that I thought I was saving. The printing took way longer than I had expected, almost 2 months longer.

I am very proud of this project. It is one of my best ones yet. Logistically it could have been better, but the design and printing awesome. I still haven't received my signature set, I guess I need to put my name in on the shipping lists that I create for next time :P

Jody
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

In hindsight, I may have gotten two black decks instead of two blue. I'll open them up when I get home from work tonight.
This space intentionally left blank.
Thedissident001

Unread post by Thedissident001 »

Rouselle,
The colours between the blue and black are incredibly similar, when you receive "the other", you will easily see how the mixup occurred.
Jody,
Thanks for the clarifications. As I said, I was beyond stoked with the quality wherever they had been printed. I recall getting the shipping notice which led to Taiwan Post, which makes sense now.