Ultraviolet Deck - Kickstarter Complete

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
walrus

Re: Ultraviolet Deck - Kickstarter Complete

Unread post by walrus »

Too bad, I liked this deck. I try to be picky about what I back on Kickstarter and this one caught my eye. People who do this turn me off on the entire Kickstarter theme. I do not think starting a project and in the end saying "I did not know what I was getting into" is a good excuse. The info is out there, do your research prior to taking peoples money, unless you are a scam.
Taiven

Unread post by Taiven »

Well that is not good to hear. I guess this deck gets added to the same list as "The Grid". Never received that deck either - excuses, excuses and updates few and far between.
4pmdesigner
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by 4pmdesigner »

Taiven wrote:Well that is not good to hear. I guess this deck gets added to the same list as "The Grid". Never received that deck either - excuses, excuses and updates few and far between.
Um how do you make this comparison to our deck The Grid? Our decks began shipping out within 3 weeks of our campaigns end. Now if you're a backer with an Eco clip, that's a different story which has never offered any excuses. Even the very popular Tendril deck just recently received their clips which delayed some of their decks as well. So you may want to correct yourself.

PS. If you havent received your pledge due to the Eco clips, Send over your transaction ID from amazon and ill be MORE than happy to refund your pledge.
Creator of The Grid, Grid 2.0 & Mythos: Necronomicon Bicycle® Playing Cards
Kratzu

Unread post by Kratzu »

Long time lurker first time poster. I have to say I disagree with Taiven as well. I backed both the UV Deck and The Grid , in which I backed for a black Eco clip. I don't mind waiting all this time for the Grid because their customer service is superb and it isn't their fault that the deck isn't delivered to me yet. That was another company's fault unlike the UV Deck.
cosmicsecret
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

well i had recieved my TheGrid decks perfectly and thats why i backed the next 4PM deck with no doubt that i will get the deck aswell. ;)

A "statement " from Beta17 :
We would like to weigh in quickly on the BMpokerworld discussion taking place over at unitedcardists. We absolutely contacted BM about reselling. They asked whether or not we had shipped our cards and we let them know that we'd shipped initial early orders (more than 50 of them) and that the other orders are on file at the USPS (which they are). Given that we'd started shipping orders we thought we'd give them the first shot at reselling after having bought from them before and been happy with their service. We're not sure what the gentleman at BM has against us but want to let you know that allegations of greed or overextension are misplaced and our issues are timing and organization. Thanks again for everyone's support!

beta17
BMPokerworld

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

cosmicsecret wrote:well i had recieved my TheGrid decks perfectly and thats why i backed the next 4PM deck with no doubt that i will get the deck aswell. ;)

A "statement " from Beta17 :
We would like to weigh in quickly on the BMpokerworld discussion taking place over at unitedcardists. We absolutely contacted BM about reselling. They asked whether or not we had shipped our cards and we let them know that we'd shipped initial early orders (more than 50 of them) and that the other orders are on file at the USPS (which they are). Given that we'd started shipping orders we thought we'd give them the first shot at reselling after having bought from them before and been happy with their service. We're not sure what the gentleman at BM has against us but want to let you know that allegations of greed or overextension are misplaced and our issues are timing and organization. Thanks again for everyone's support!

beta17

As I posted earlier in this thread, they told me all the decks were either shipped or scheduled to be shipped. Clearly that is an out and out lie. They did not even post an update that orders were shipped until after I questioned whether they shipped them or not. They then posted that 50, 50 orders have been shipped in 5 weeks!!!! That is 10 orders per week and an order an a half per day!!!! Do you think that is acceptable? I don't and I don't like being lied to.

You need to ask them these questions:

1) What have they been doing for the last 5 1/2 weeks?

2) Why didn't they get all the shipping logistics worked out in the 4 months it took the decks to be created from the time the deck was funded until they received them?

3) Why did they have all this time to create and promote the deck when they were asking for funding, but now they don 't have any time to ship the decks?

I will tell you why, because they probably spent all the money and do not have any left to pay for shipping. Shipping is not rocket science. You just need to sit down and do it. As I said before, myself and one other person shipped over 300 orders in 1 day. I worked 9 hours and the other person worked 5. Get off your ass and ship out what everyone has paid for months ago. We ship 100% of our orders in 1 day and we pull and pack 7 days a week, so I don't want to hear about work and all the other BS. If you didn't have the time, then why take everyone's money? Why tell me that you didn't want to contact wholesalers until:

We didn't want to contact resellers until we had shipped the initial orders.

That is what they told me, so it is clearly a lie. One more thing, did everyone notice how they then changed their updates to private so anyone who did not back the project was unable to see the complaints. Hmmm, I guess I was wrong, they are stand up guys. HA!

Thanks!
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Player: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Mike, I really appreciate you posting all of this here so that we can see what's actually going on.

Even if I was someone who didn't frequent this forum and had no initial reason to believe what Mike is saying, the fact that they only post private updates and can't be bothered to come here and defend themselves tells me that he's more than likely to be right about this.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
BMPokerworld

MagikFingerz wrote:Mike, I really appreciate you posting all of this here so that we can see what's actually going on.

Even if I was someone who didn't frequent this forum and had no initial reason to believe what Mike is saying, the fact that they only post private updates and can't be bothered to come here and defend themselves tells me that he's more than likely to be right about this.

Thank You Tom. I get absolutely no pleasure in exposing people like that. I do it because I can not stand liars, especially people who lie right to my face. You know,there have been others who have mishandled the money from their Kickstarter project or had shipping problems that I knew about, but I worked with them to get the decks to the project supporters as quickly as possible. I only make things public when you have people like this, so everyone can see their true colors and hopefully, will not do business with them again.

I think they do a great disservice to people like 4pm designs, CCC, Uusi, Juan Perez and others, who have full time jobs or businesses, but still manage to get their decks out in a reasonable amount of time. Here is a perfect example, take Paul Carpenter and his 2 decks. While Paul and I may disagree over what is a fair price for is Aurum deck, Paul has a full time job and 2 small children, if I remember correctly. Yet he got his decks out very quickly. Do you know how hard that is to do when you have a very young family? I do as I have been in my own business for over 25 years and have pulled many all nighters. Did he come up with excuses? No, he simply rolled up his sleeves and got it done just like the other people I mentioned above. To me I would much rather do business with any of these people then do business with people like; Alex, Rob, beta17, ReaganM and anyone else who stops caring once they get all their money.

Thanks!
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Encarded »

Shame to hear this one ended up this way. As Mike said, shipping isn't rocket science but it definitely costs money (often a lot of it). Without that planning in place well before the project starts, you can get into messes like this. As some others have pointed out, with what they brought in and what they printed, the shipping costs probably overwhelmed their system.

It's tough to send out 5,000 decks around the world. Doing it with just 1-2 people is even tougher but it can certainly be done. Many folks have proven that time and again. If they haven't been able to send things out in 6 weeks time, it's probably more financial than time related I'd guess.

Kickstarter is definitely a double edged sword. It is pretty easy to get started and setup your project, but to account for every facet from start to finish takes some extensive planning and some business savvy. Unfortunately there is no requirement for the latter elements when setting up your campaign....
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
decksparadise

Unread post by decksparadise »

The tuck box looks cool!
Simplicity is beautiful.
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

I have received today my decks. They were sent on Dec 17th so the shipping has been pretty fast (I have pending packages sent some days before that and I have not received them)

Still waiting for the uncut.

Keep informing

Best wishes to all
cosmicsecret

max wrote:I have received today my decks. They were sent on Dec 17th so the shipping has been pretty fast (I have pending packages sent some days before that and I have not received them)

Still waiting for the uncut.

Keep informing

Best wishes to all
Were you one of the backers with early shipping?
Oswin
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Oswin »

It is a real mess his expeditions .... No communication, no respect for his backers. Anyway, I do not recommend it in the future!
"Le temps passe, mais les oeufs durs !" - Daniel Prévost
Strag
White Whale: None

Unread post by Strag »

I was shocked to receive my decks yesterday. I got 3 instead of the 2 I ordered, which didn't really make up for the way this KS was handled.

The tuck box is a bit bare and thin. I think the card design is as promised and exactly what I backed the cards for. It's really a shame this was handled so poorly, some straightforward communication would have gone a very long way.
Oswin

Unread post by Oswin »

Strag wrote:I was shocked to receive my decks yesterday. I got 3 instead of the 2 I ordered, which didn't really make up for the way this KS was handled.
It's correct, because he is offered one free deck more.
"Le temps passe, mais les oeufs durs !" - Daniel Prévost
vmagic

Unread post by vmagic »

Anyone know what is going on with this deck? Why have these guys not posted an update since last year? I'm still waiting for mine and hope they never make any more decks again because nobody will probably buy them!
Magic_Orthodoxy
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

I am not a backer, but I noticed the comments are still available to read. There are some as recent as an hour ago (Monday morning the 8th) apparently there are still people without word or product. I also noticed that this deck has been sold on ebay a few times. So apparently even though I never funded this deck, I coulda bought it on ebay and had it before an official kickstarter backer
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/
vmagic

Unread post by vmagic »

You're right about that. I backed this project, nearly a year ago, and am still waiting for my decks. I think I know of 1 person who received their decks already and that was it, total BS. They don't respond to messages and haven't posted updates since last year I believe. Getting tired of this crap!
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Got mine about 2 months ago got lucky I guess
cosmicsecret

got 3 decks last month in germany,i was surprised that they had send them out. i had high doubts that i would ever see the cards at all.
dcell59

Unread post by dcell59 »

I got my brick with brick box back in December, and a few people have posted that they've received them (I'm still waiting for the 3 decks I originally pledged for). I can't really figure these guys out. I know the cards got printed, and it sounded like they got 5000 decks. If it's just an issue of money to pay for shipping, they should be able to sell some of the leftovers and make money to pay for shipping. I'd expect to see these decks on sale somewhere, even if they risk getting people mad at them.
dcell59

Unread post by dcell59 »

Wow! These guys may actually be bigger jerks than Alex! They posted an update today that basically says they are still shipping, but pretty much ignoring their backers. They tell people not to email them address changes, but to update their Kickstarter profiles. I don't think Kickstarter forwards address changes like that, do they?
BMPokerworld

dcell59 wrote:Wow! These guys may actually be bigger jerks than Alex! They posted an update today that basically says they are still shipping, but pretty much ignoring their backers. They tell people not to email them address changes, but to update their Kickstarter profiles. I don't think Kickstarter forwards address changes like that, do they?

No where near as low as Alex Yusupov. He simply stopped shipping and is making no attempt to do so.

Thanks!
vmagic

Unread post by vmagic »

Still waiting for mine, contacted they a couple months back and they hadnt shipped them yet but I believe they said they would let me know when they did, still haven't!