Hey, Ellusionist: WTF?!?

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
hikeeba

Hey, Ellusionist: WTF?!?

Unread post by hikeeba »

I think this could be an on-going thread.

As an example, I just got my shipping notice - for an order placed last week - to be delivered next week. Two weeks to place/received an order. Hey, Ellusionist: WTF?!?

But today's episode is about today's 21-days offer: http://www.ellusionist.com/images/Landi ... Day19.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes - join today and get an extra Black Artifice deck. This is when people who have already paid have not been able to purchase the extras they were told they would be (I think Brad said it would take about a week). So, to this I say: Hey Ellusionist: WTF?!?
[Gambit]

Re: Hey, Ellusionist: WTF?!?

Unread post by [Gambit] »

hikeeba wrote:Yes - join today and get an extra Black Artifice deck. This is when people who have already paid have not been able to purchase the extras they were told they would be (I think Brad said it would take about a week). So, to this I say: Hey Ellusionist: WTF?!?
I agree. Had E offered current members to purchase additional decks (up to 2, I believe) as originally promised earlier, it would be a different story. Now I just feel cheated....
CBJ
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

So...

Brad said that members will eventually be able to buy 2 more decks.

If you join today, you get 2 decks.... with the eventual option to buy 2 more??

Current members = 3 decks possible

members joining today = 4 decks possible
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

About the last part... It's called a 'sale' and it is to entice NEW buyers. It is a legitimate strategy that has been in use since the second person in history was selling something.
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Russell wrote:About the last part... It's called a 'sale' and it is to entice NEW buyers. It is a legitimate strategy that has been in use since the second person in history was selling something.
No problem enticing new customers - just try to do it without alienating current customers. The whole point of the "Black Club" is that you're the inside member. You paid to have the inside track - special sales - special privileges. But at this point, Brad hasn't even delivered on his word that members be able to purchase extra decks.

And letting your dissatisfaction be known has been in use since the first person in history was selling something.

To re-iterate: Hey, Ellusionist, WTF?!?
cosmicsecret
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

even with this offer of 2 Black Artifice Decks i will not put $147 on the table .....not for 2 decks of cards which are produced this year.
it´s def. a better deal as just the normal offer with 1 deck inside the package.
For those of you who still know that E had promised different color´s for the Pure Smoke device...those haven´t seen the daylight till today...it´s over a year now.
So please take a number and have a seat waiting for the promise to be fullfilled ;) *sarcastic mode off*
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

Same here, I just can not see dropping all those quagmires just for the ability to drop more quagmires. As far as the double deck deal. E often does this so you have to be careful about order time. They did this with the LTD last year. If they said they will be giving members the chance to order more decks they probably will. They just want to drum up a little more business with the club first.
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

Yeah, it was Mike from Ellusionist in this thread: Black Artifice - from Ellusionist
[http://www.unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=714]
Mike24 wrote:We're trying. The coding for the site to allow this is difficult.
PlayingCardz wrote:
Mike24 wrote:Yes, we're working on it right now. We want members to have the option to buy an additional two. I'll let you know once its live.

Mike
Ellusionist.com
I was under the impression, it would be available today, am I right?
So to re-iterate... What the heck? I thought the early guy gets the better deals. The merchandise in the Black Club area has been stagnant since this was offered... So is Ellusionist going to track all Black Artifice sales to ensure these guys can only buy 1 additional one (everyone gets 3) or do they get the chance to land 4 of them?
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Ah, the enigmatic "Mike24"....arrived CyberMonday and disappeared WednesdayAfterCyberMonday.....
Whatever happened to him....(and whatever happened to baby jane? and deanna durbin?.....)
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Not that Ellusionist actually EMAILED any of the Black Club members, but you can now buy an additional 2 decks for $18 ea (before discount). I was also able to use MAGIC10 for another 10% off.
phantom1412

Unread post by phantom1412 »

Strag wrote:Not that Ellusionist actually EMAILED any of the Black Club members, but you can now buy an additional 2 decks for $18 ea (before discount). I was also able to use MAGIC10 for another 10% off.
The magic10 coupon can be use only once, isnt it?
Does that mean you never use this coupon before?
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

phantom1412 wrote:
Strag wrote:Not that Ellusionist actually EMAILED any of the Black Club members, but you can now buy an additional 2 decks for $18 ea (before discount). I was also able to use MAGIC10 for another 10% off.
The magic10 coupon can be use only once, isnt it?
Does that mean you never use this coupon before?
Not sure if I did, probably not, have only ever made 3 orders with E before this.
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Well, I think this whole membership thing is one of the ways to address the magic10 usage. If you checkout as a guest you can use it again and again.

And yes - they should be e-mailing members before posting on facebook. Not everybody likes/uses facebook. Once again, Hey Ellusionist, WTF?!?

(Of course, I'm going to wait to get my 2 until I can piggyback it on another deal - if their calendar isn't lying, there should be a bonus attached for each of the next four days....we'll see)
DelMagic

Unread post by DelMagic »

I suspect you need to login as a member to order the black artifice decks as a club member and therefore you won't be able to checkout as a guest and use the magic10 discount code.
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

They are running the Extra deck bonus today again for Black Club Artifice... plus double holiday gift cards per order... if then I doubt I'd win anything... good way for them to unload those things. :roll:
Fluffykitten

Unread post by Fluffykitten »

I was also wondering about this. Is if worth it? $18 seems like a lot for a deck.

What's the run total on this deck? What's it going for on eBay?
vjose32

Unread post by vjose32 »

So did anyone join when they had the 2 deck deal and were you able to get a total of 4 decks??
decksparadise

Unread post by decksparadise »

What kind of logic is that man? :shock:
Simplicity is beautiful.