NEW Dan and Dave AIP Bottle coming soon .

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
lumpyliew
Collector: Yes

NEW Dan and Dave AIP Bottle coming soon .

Unread post by lumpyliew »

DND had posted a picture on Instagram . Image
also , on DND blog , it says 'Impossible Bottle (coming soon' http://www.dananddave.com/products/our- ... rd-lineup/
Don't Worry , Be Happy Cheers!
hikeeba

Re: NEW Dan and Dave AIP Bottle coming soon .

Unread post by hikeeba »

Looks like a plastic cap on the bottle. Tacky. The cork is much nicer.
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

I agree, it looks like something from the supermarket. Hopefully they change that to cork.
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

I think the plastic top is well suited to the deck inside. A standard Rider Back.
If it was a rare or vintage deck, I would agree with you. Sans plastic. :|
No matter where you go... there you are :|
see_squared
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Magician: Yes

Unread post by see_squared »

I wasn't aware bottles of milk came with a cork. I say bravo D&D...it took ton of hard work and dedication to the craft to be able to take this photo.

What did you accomplish this year?

Looks like they've produced a very successful Magic Conference in April, approx. 17 decks of cards, a couple of card clips, card canisters, close-up pads, and the AIP Milk Bottle w/ a plastic cap (the way milk bottles come) and a lecture tour through Asia.
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

see_squared wrote:I wasn't aware bottles of milk came with a cork. I say bravo D&D...it took ton of hard work and dedication to the craft to be able to take this photo.

Looks like they've produced a very successful Magic Conference in April, approx. 17 decks of cards, a couple of card clips, card canisters, close-up pads, and the AIP Milk Bottle w/ a plastic cap (the way milk bottles come) and a lecture tour through Asia.
Does buying over $500 of their merchandise count? I think it at least entitles me to an opinion... :mrgreen:
see_squared
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

eh, earning the $500 to send them is more of an accomplishment if you ask me. Regardless, yes, it does entitle you to an opinion...BUT...it makes sense they used a plastic cap on the milk bottle because that's how they come if you buy milk in a glass bottle. I'm sure even Jamie D. Grant would agree the plastic cap fits the products design better...but that's just my opinion.
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

see_squared wrote:eh, earning the $500 to send them is more of an accomplishment if you ask me. Regardless, yes, it does entitle you to an opinion...BUT...it makes sense they used a plastic cap on the milk bottle because that's how they come if you buy milk in a glass bottle. I'm sure even Jamie D. Grant would agree the plastic cap fits the products design better...but that's just my opinion.
Milk bottles have been around for a while. The earliest, I believe used glass tops held on by wire. Foil or plastic is the current standard.

While I don't think they ever used cork tops, I would definitely prefer the top of my Impossible Bottle to match the time period of the deck inside.

Edit: ...not to mention the bottle itself. ;)
No matter where you go... there you are :|
see_squared
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

alric
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes

Unread post by alric »

see_squared wrote:I wasn't aware bottles of milk came with a cork. I say bravo D&D...it took ton of hard work and dedication to the craft to be able to take this photo.

Successful Magic Conference? I'll give you that.

Approx 17 decks of cards? Quantity does not equate to quality, and a lot of those decks were overhyped and underwhelmed.

Couple of card clips? Way over-priced.

Card canisters? You mean the army knock offs? M e h.

Close up pads? See above answer for card clips.

AIP Milk Bottle? Not really original and yet another cash grab.

Asian lecture tour? OK, I'll give you that one as well.

A ton of dedication to the craft? That ended a long time ago and now its all about self promotion and milking as much money as they can (with ridiculous nail clippers, lotions, etc...) and they pulled the D-Bag Move of the Year with their horrific Smoke & Mirror v.7 tragedy. And given the behaviour of T11 and Gold Crown this past year, winning the D-Bag Move of the Year is quite an accomplishment. R.I.P. S&M series, you went out with a wimper.....
see_squared
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

where is the forum where people aren't whining like babies about products they aren't forced to buy?

I think everyone forgets that D&D, along with many others, are just running a business. They've made it their job to develop product to sell. Nobody is going to reinvent the wheel in the playing card business. I absolutely hear what you're saying about quality over quantity...overhyped, underwhelmed, cork top, etc...

My whole point in this extremely pointless thread is that when i look at the photo below I see a lot of time and effort, trial and error, research and development...i sure don't see mediocrity. Can't make a decent living selling one incredible deck of playing cards in one year, that is of the highest quality and artwork money can buy...unless you're this guy: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/153 ... ale-design

D&D 2012 Playing Card Lineup
see_squared
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

btw..i'm not saying i've done anything great this year. If i took a photo of a table with all my accomplishments...it would look like this.

alric
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes

Unread post by alric »

see_squared wrote:where is the forum where people aren't whining like babies about products they aren't forced to buy?
Where's the forum where people can express opinions without being called whining babies?

Jeezus Krist, did I hurt your feelings for busting on the twins? I don't think I've expressed an opinion that isn't shared by a lot of other disappointed card collectors in regards to D&D. If you want to slurp up the Bucks, here is the place you can go:

http://forum.dananddave.com/index.php

Bye bye.
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

That's actually what my table full of all of the D&D products I've bought this year looks like!!

(I see what you mean about the plastic cap.....more appropriate for these guys would have been one those caps that's a screw job....)
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

alric wrote:
see_squared wrote:here is the place you can go:

http://forum.dananddave.com/index.php...
Talk about a poorly engineered forum... I'm sure some pompous asses work at ForumParrot (background software running it). It won't let me use it unless I'm using Chrome OS (no thanks Google gets enough of my information already - I prefer Firefox...) or Safari (probably one of the worst browsers available in the market... most mac users don't even use it...) ... probably a bunch of Mac fanboys wrote it... I'll pass.
BMPokerworld

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

hikeeba wrote:
That's actually what my table full of all of the D&D products I've bought this year looks like!!

(I see what you mean about the plastic cap.....more appropriate for these guys would have been one those caps that's a screw job....)
Just so you know, the deck on the right is not original, it is counterfeit

Thanks!