Moirai Playing Cards KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
JuFiN
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Moirai Playing Cards KS

Unread post by JuFiN »

Cool new deck that just popped up on KS printed by USPCC. Thought you guys might like it!
Talisman
Decks Owned: 166

Re: Moirai Playing Cards KS

Unread post by Talisman »

I like and I'm in for a pair.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

I do like the different images on the courts quite a bit. There's a lot to like here.

I sent a PM asking SW what his previous projects were. Does anybody else here recall?
This space intentionally left blank.
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Put me down for a deck. Love the live vs. death courts and 3 jokers.

$12K seems high for a goal considering they add postage. But I don't know what USPCC is charging so it might be fair.
Move on, nothing to see here.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stewart's previous project was "Fanangled." I took a look at the project page (it ran twice; I looked at the successfully funded campaign) and here are two things I noticed:

1) in his re-launched campaign, he made changes to the design and to the project to improve it's likelihood of success. ie, he paid attention.
2) the comments section was loaded with "received my decks and coin and they are great!" kinds of posts. Did not see any, "My stuff didn't arrive, but my friend's did, and they look like crap."

So, I take these as good signs that he has some success in running a campaign well. Given that I like the design of this one, I'm in for a few. I'm getting really stingy lately with new project creators. This one looks worth the gamble.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Thanks Rousselle! I was a little confused when you mentioned his other projects as the project page says first created, but noticed his comment about his two previous KS campaigns in the risks section. Good to know as I do like this deck and am in for a few :D
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
ivan

Unread post by ivan »

Can't believe this deck hasn't been funded yet.

We had a good chat with Stewart and the designer, Bob Case earlier this week. Good read.. :)

http://www.kardify.com/2016/08/kickstar ... ewart.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

This one is really close to funding, and I noticed that by bumping up my pledge by just a couple decks, the price-per-deck dropped quite nicely. So, I've upped my pledge. Up yours!

Um, I mean... you should, you know, see what you can do to help this thing fund. :)
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

This one could really get a boost! Though it is already funded, so it is ok!

One thing that this project did for the best was to have the shipping sperated from the tier, meaning "no US shipping included". And this was a great thing because I took a look and saw how other creators, are getting extra money from int'l shipping, even when they say they care about int'l backers and that the prices they charging are fais, the problem is USPS always rising their prices...
Here a break down on the prices:

Code: Select all

US        INT'L       DIFF
1 deck   $4         $12         $8
3 decks  $5         $15         $10
4 decks  $7         $18         $11
6 decks  $10        $25         $15
So if we look at the DIFF column we can see the right price that int'l backers should pay for shipping in projects that have US shipping included. Can anyone of int'l backers tell me when they pay that low on shipping in one project? Quite sure none of us ever paid the right price for int'l shipping.

I had to write this here because we (int'l backers) are being took for fools for too long by a lot of creators. I'm reducing drastically my investments on KS, and the first thing I do when deciding if I'm going to support a new project is to look at the shipping price, if it is too high (and I mean not fair) then I don't back it, yep, I don't look at the artwork or the bells and whistles is the shipping price that decides everything (I've paid too much on shipping, about ~%8 of the price of my collection is shipping value that I paid in excess)!!
JuFiN
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by JuFiN »

Just got this deck, looks really good, the half dead courts and the extra cards are dope, tuck looks nice as well, atho no extra foil or embossing. The backs look really good fanned, really thin borders worked out great.

My favorite part of course is the fact that im the first name on the backer thank you card!!! :ugdance: :ugdance:
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

I know this thread is long dead but I heard of these decks through the Buy/Sell forum. Thanks to a link provided by misterharmanko I ordered these decks directly from Bob Case and I really like them. Very nicely done. Hopefully, the creators do another deck. So, if someone would still like to get these decks see the thread there.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Well, if you see the faces, necromancy is fitting the deck just perfect. Never saw it before, therefore thanks for the reanimation :D .
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Outsider

Unread post by Outsider »

Why do I have to be such a nerd?

Moirai is the Greek word for the Fates, whose names in Greek are Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos. Nona, Morta, and Decima are the Roman names for the three Fates, termed Parcae in Latin.

Anyway it's not a terrible deck but damn this kind of thing drives me up a wall. Back to your usual programming.