Programming Playing Cards

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
ecNate
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Programming Playing Cards

Unread post by ecNate »

The card quality may suck since planning on unnamed printer from China, but the price is fair with shipping just $11USD to most countries. I wonder if we can convince a stretch goal of MPC or some other printer though. Another major issue is no clarity of if a tuckbox will be offered, but I've asked that question already.

What I find most interesting is each card could be a different programming language and it's a backer effort to come up and write all the cards to make that happen.

Obviously, I do not personally know 50+ programming languages. If you want to help, please add or edit little snippets of code here (Google Drive). The code can be as original as you want, or else all cards will be identical.
For starters, every single one of our card design will be unique. We plan to have between 36 and 52 languages (depending if the Jacks, Queens and Kings have illustrations or code). Then, we will hire a designer to properly create the design of the cards.
Apologies if the design is similar at present. We're working to update our images with something more representative of the final product.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: Programming Playing Cards

Unread post by vasta41 »

Batch, powershell, and vbs are 3 I can offer but those are pretty *basic*. :lol:
joeblow

Unread post by joeblow »

I like the idea but it's a bit lazy to expect supporters to contribute the source code. As a programmer, if I started this project, I would be interested in figuring out the code snippets myself. This is part of the card design.
markjanderson
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Unread post by markjanderson »

I see that this same question has been asked in the comments section, but I sure looks basically the same as "code:deck" that has been available for a while now from another company.

http://varianto25.com/playing-cards/code-deck" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;