Bicycle Packer - promo deck for Packer Shoes

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Bikefanatic
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 333

Re: Bicycle Packer - promo deck for Packer Shoes (wap)

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

jerichoholic wrote:I didn't accuse anyone of anything, however the comment posted by Jay clearly shows that his over obsessive with this stuff. Collecting should be fun, not a side job. It's not worth spending hours and hours trying to find stuff just so you have it in your collection. If it's that much effort and work to find stuff then maybe it doesn't want to be found.

I know you're jealous because people may find stuff before you do or they have things you don't have. You're the one that calls yourself a card connoisseur. 8-) When people spend their own time researching and developing relationships to achieve something, others (you included) feel a sense of entitlement to get that too without putting in the work themselves. I know you want to probably review decks first on your video channel before anyone else does. With your last sentence, stuff doesn't want to be found unless You can have it or found it first.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

flyers3003 wrote:
jerichoholic wrote:It's not worth it spending hours and hours trying to find stuff.
It's not worth it to you. It is worth it to others, including Jay. The only one being over-obsessive is the one who is complaining that they didn't get the deck because they have the mentality that they have to own every deck out there.

I am saddened by the fact that Jay doesn't post here as often. I love to see the rare decks that he finds. I know that I won't collect every deck out there, but it's nice to see what is out there. Sometimes, the decks that he posts become a white-whale for me. Other times, I'm not interested in the deck at all. Either way, I enjoy seeing them posted. Sometimes Jay and other members are nice enough to have gotten several of these decks and make them available for the rest of us(often times at cost). Sometimes not, probably because they can't get enough. But just because they can't get enough, they shouldn't post them here?!?!? So by that logic, Victor, you'd prefer to be kept in the dark about the existence of a deck rather than know about its existence but know that you'll have a hard time getting it? Twisted logic at its best.

Jay, congrats on another rare find. I, for one, hope you continue to post here as I enjoy being informed about new decks even when I might not be able to get them.
Amen, flyers. I agree wholeheartedly.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: Bicycle Packer - promo deck for Packer Shoes

Unread post by vasta41 »

I might be able to get a brick or more of these. I don't have pricing yet but I will sell at cost. Who would be interested? I will keep you posted if I can't get them (in which case I'm sorry for getting hopes up!) or when I find out pricing. Please PM!
double_left

Unread post by double_left »

I'm more interested in the Carat display case and being able to throw a few dice in there.

Where can I get those?

Thanks,
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Why on earth would I be jealous? I am willing to put in the effort to find decks myself, and I'm sure others, but I have no idea how to find these decks or more importantly the sources and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I am interested in a deck if possible Vasta
ryansworld4
Decks Owned: 133

Unread post by ryansworld4 »

Jay again, thank you, thank you, thank you, I was able to get my hands on one today and its already being shipped to me. the guy only had one he was selling the shoes and I just asked if he would sell the deck separately tada...... ill post a pic when I get it, My favorite thing about collecting cards is the hunt whats the fun if every one has the same deck. example you pull into a parking lot and there's 100 Honda Civics and 1 Ferrari you say dammmm that's a nice car I will work hard one day and buy that (hunt/ search hard and you will find your Ferrari) that's one way to look at it. Some people get mad/ jealous and would key the Ferrari, that's just messed up, get in your civic and drive away.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

It's official- I can get 1 brick, 5 decks are already spoken for. The price per deck is $12 and shipping within the US is $4 per deck so $16 per deck, shipped. Please PM me if you want the remaining 7 decks.
jerichoholic

ryansworld4 wrote:Jay again, thank you, thank you, thank you, I was able to get my hands on one today and its already being shipped to me. the guy only had one he was selling the shoes and I just asked if he would sell the deck separately tada...... ill post a pic when I get it, My favorite thing about collecting cards is the hunt whats the fun if every one has the same deck. example you pull into a parking lot and there's 100 Honda Civics and 1 Ferrari you say dammmm that's a nice car I will work hard one day and buy that (hunt/ search hard and you will find your Ferrari) that's one way to look at it. Some people get mad/ jealous and would key the Ferrari, that's just messed up, get in your civic and drive away.
Yes you are right though if one person has all these advantages over everyone else to getting decks, or cars, it isn't exactly a fair playing field, that's all. But thanks again Jay for sharing this and sorry for being me again, lol.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
RickardSmith

Unread post by RickardSmith »

vasta41 wrote:It's official- I can get 1 brick, 5 decks are already spoken for. The price per deck is $12 and shipping within the US is $4 per deck so $16 per deck, shipped. Please PM me if you want the remaining 7 decks.
PM sent, would love to grab a pack
TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

jerichoholic wrote:Its nice of you to share this, especially since you managed to get one for yourself and it's next to impossible for anyone else to get one. I don't understand why you go to all the trouble really. It's a tad obsessive trying to get every Bicycle branded deck that comes out and using secret sources to get them, but whatever makes you happy. It would be nice if everyone on this forum had the same opportunities to get the same decks that you do, but I guess all that matters to you is that you get them yourself, even if no one else here gets any rare hard to find Bicycle decks. :roll:
:roll:
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

jerichoholic wrote:Yes you are right though if one person has all these advantages over everyone else to getting decks, or cars, it isn't exactly a fair playing field, that's all. But thanks again Jay for sharing this and sorry for being me again, lol.
Yes, comrade, you are right. Damn these capitalist pigs! The mere notion that someone should be rewarded for their work is just horrible, comrade. We should all just have to stand in a line behind a truck that hands out cards to everyone, nobody should be able to get a deck before anyone else, unless of course they are a high ranking party official, comrade. After all, everyone is equal though some are more equal than others.

I'm all for information being free, but seriously, man, you are talking straight communism. CBJ put in the work, he deserves the spoils. You put in the work, you get the spoils.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

Who cares if it's a rat race to see who gets what first. Its not a big deal!

Look what happens with Jackson's cards, whoever gets theirs rewards first posts it on eBay right away and reaps the benefit of some pour sucker that missed the campaign or pledge level and buys the cards at triple the value.

It's a dog eat dog world... Good for CBJ to come across the deck and let everyone know.

@jerichoholic, why would you be jealous? Because your rant clearly exposed your jealousy.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

vasta41 wrote:It's official- I can get 1 brick, 5 decks are already spoken for. The price per deck is $12 and shipping within the US is $4 per deck so $16 per deck, shipped. Please PM me if you want the remaining 7 decks.
Boy oh boy was demand high on these! I ended up getting 2 bricks because 18 of these decks were already spoken for. That means I have 6 left- anyone else interested? PM me!

For those of you that PMed me already, your decks are set aside and I'll invoice you once I have them in-hand. I will have to look up the rates for international shipments but again, I will charge cost so the total will be $12 plus whatever the shipping comes to.
jerichoholic

I'm all in for putting in the work to get decks but the problem is I have no sources and no idea how to find the sources not any idea where to look for these decks for the most part. I'm willing to do the work I'm just looking for equal opportunities!
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
decibelhz
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by decibelhz »

jerichoholic wrote:I'm all in for putting in the work to get decks but the problem is I have no sources and no idea how to find the sources not any idea where to look for these decks for the most part. I'm willing to do the work I'm just looking for equal opportunities!
You're willing to put in the work, you just want someone else to do the hardest part for you first right?

Perhaps if you stop acting like a spoiled child who cries and complains all the time and be a littler nicer to people you would have more sources to help you with these kinds of things. I have no idea what you're like in real person but you come off as kind of abrasive and as others have already mentioned, entitled in your posts. At least to me. Usually when you're trying to get people to help you, being nice and friendly is kind of important.

As an example, CBJ would have been a great source to have in your corner for those rare Bicycle decks. Maybe not help you get the actual deck but at least get you started in the right direction with where to look but you've pretty much burned that bridge. Judging by how you conduct yourself on this forum, I'm sure you have with many others as well.
Bikefanatic

People want this deck without any cards being shown..
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

th4mo

Unread post by th4mo »

Bikefanatic wrote:People want this deck without any cards being shown..
lol, This deck holds absolutely no interest for me, and that's partly the reason why.

but damn, bikeFANATIC, if you don't want this deck... maybe it's time to change your handle... :lol:
Keep it Sizzlin'!
th4mo

Unread post by th4mo »

jerichoholic wrote:Its nice of you to share this, especially since you managed to get one for yourself and it's next to impossible for anyone else to get one. I don't understand why you go to all the trouble really. It's a tad obsessive trying to get every Bicycle branded deck that comes out and using secret sources to get them, but whatever makes you happy. It would be nice if everyone on this forum had the same opportunities to get the same decks that you do, but I guess all that matters to you is that you get them yourself, even if no one else here gets any rare hard to find Bicycle decks. :roll:
I could probably find 100 posts from Victor saying exactly the same thing time and again over the last couple of years that I've been around here. :roll:
And every time, the more upstanding members here try to help him adjust his poisonous attitude. It just doesn't stick! :?
Is that why he's one of the exceptionally few people to have been banned here...(and subsequently given a second chance)? hmmmm....

CBJ contributes a ton of positive energy to this forum.
It would be insane to accept Victor's negativity in trade for CBJ's reduced participation.

There IS such thing as a second yellow card for "persistent infringement". Just sayin'... :ugthink:

And to you in particular, Victor: CBJ has made it abundantly clear that he wants nothing to do with you. Why the heck can't you take a hint and stop banging your head on this particular wall? :roll:
At one time, It was popcorn-worthy watching you get smacked down. Now it's just sooooooooo old. I'm embarrassed for you.
You seem to want to "be somebody" in the card collecting world...
If so, it's time to grow up.
Keep it Sizzlin'!
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

I'm going to put this here real quick. There is no need in trying to help Victor and no need trying to get his comments to stop. He has too many "friends" on top here. I've been given several reasons including "he's a great contributor to the playing card world". If you don't want to see his posts(negativity), click on his username and add him as a foe. You'll see that he has made a post but won't have to see the garbage. Besides that, he has at least two names here, probably more. There is no helping him and there is no end to his garbage.

On a positive note, thank you Jay for all you do here.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
jerichoholic

I've tried, and for the most part do try, to be nice and tried to apologize, including to Jay, but it hasn't gotten me anywhere. You say I'm acting like I'm entitled to something, I'm not the one with secret sources getting all the decks. Those of you who have sources are the ones who act like you, and only you, are entitled to those sources and information, and you say i'm acting like i'm entitled, i'm just looking for some info is all, geez. Keep your sources, I don't care, I've lost all interest in decks that only people with special friends and sources can acquire.

If you don't like what I have to say then ignore me. Say what you want but I have thousands of subscribers and repeatedly get thanked for my reviews and my help. I've even helped some Kickstarter creators and have reviewed many prototypes to help out.

I am sorry for what I said earlier and sorry for what I started, again, and i'll leave Jay's posts alone, aside from positive comments if any. I would like to be friends with Jay, but he wants nothing to do with me because I have different opinions or thoughts on decks or even some creators, I don't think that is necessarily fair. We should all have our own thoughts and opinions on different decks and creators, not just drool over every deck we see. For example, a lot of people here hate Ellusionist, but there are still many who love Ellusionist for some reason, we shouldn't hate them or not be friends with them. That's all.
jerichoholic

flyers3003 wrote:
jerichoholic wrote:It's not worth it spending hours and hours trying to find stuff.
It's not worth it to you. It is worth it to others, including Jay. The only one being over-obsessive is the one who is complaining that they didn't get the deck because they have the mentality that they have to own every deck out there.

I am saddened by the fact that Jay doesn't post here as often. I love to see the rare decks that he finds. I know that I won't collect every deck out there, but it's nice to see what is out there. Sometimes, the decks that he posts become a white-whale for me. Other times, I'm not interested in the deck at all. Either way, I enjoy seeing them posted. Sometimes Jay and other members are nice enough to have gotten several of these decks and make them available for the rest of us(often times at cost). Sometimes not, probably because they can't get enough. But just because they can't get enough, they shouldn't post them here?!?!? So by that logic, Victor, you'd prefer to be kept in the dark about the existence of a deck rather than know about its existence but know that you'll have a hard time getting it? Twisted logic at its best.

Jay, congrats on another rare find. I, for one, hope you continue to post here as I enjoy being informed about new decks even when I might not be able to get them.
Funny, I don't have that mentality and don't own every deck out there, clearly. Last I checked he has a whole thread showing his entire collection. I agree he has started lots of threads on lots of decks, and brought us a lot of information. Am I jealous/ Yes I suppose I am and i'm sure i'm far from the only one here. I think the thing that really gets to me is that, for the most part, when it comes to decks like this he only tells us the deck exists after he has gotten one for himself. Whenever I find out about a deck I share it right away, not weeks or months later, that is what bugs me the most. Give other people the opportunity to find decks but telling us the exist. Sources are good if you know a deck actually exists. I don't have time to search google for Bicycle whatever until I find something.
jerichoholic

4.of.Clubs wrote:
I do feel like it would be nice to share the source or let people on UC know (maybe people do let some people know privately) how to get these decks. I personally thought UC is a place to share and let other people share the joy as well, not a place to show and brag how the very few had the chance to obtain the deck.

Everything I see something like this it just makes me sad that I won't be able to find them since I don't have all these "sources". :cry:

That being said, I do have mad respects to people that help obtain decks and sell to fellow UC members at cost (like Pierre :lol: ).
That's all I was pretty much trying to say, just not in those words.
jerichoholic

CBJ wrote:Guys, did you not read the original post?

"I was able to secure ONE of these through one of my sources. I'm trying to find out more info on them."

If they would have had more, I would have let people know. I also said I was trying to find out more info.

Anyway, this is beside the point.
MODS - Victor opened this door....... rant time.....

The conversation that is happening in this thread is why I post DRAMATICALLY less than I used to.
I'm going to put it as point blank as possible... the feeling of entitlement some of you have sometimes makes me sick.
Do you guys think it's just pure luck that I keep finding these rare decks? Do you think they just fall on my lap?
The answer is a huge "NO".....But I've started Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of threads about new decks on here, UC.net, and PLayingCardForum. I also have a FB page with 8000 followers where I post info about decks.
So stop whining, grow a pair, and go make your own contacts.

If anyone wants to continue this conversation with me outside of this thread, they can message me... unless it's Victor... I really have no time for you.

Jay

Back on topic please.

Yes you have started many threads and shared info about many decks that were to be released, and we thank you for that, even if you don't want my thanks, thank you. And i'm sorry for being an ass sometimes, go ahead show off your decks, we all do it.

One thing though, you may have 8000 followers on your Facebook page, i'm not one of them but not by my choice, however did you ever think that perhaps quite a few of those followers came solely along because you are using the Bicycle name and logo? If you search for Bicycle it comes up right away. I'm sure a lot of followers have come across your page like that and there may be some who think you are the Bicycle page, in fact I think i've seen comments from people like that. If you used whatever other name it's likely you wouldnt have quite so many followers but who knows, but good for you for being smart enough to use the Bicycle name to your advantage. I myself have 7000 subscribers on my channel and counting, though I don't get 7000 views on my videos. I'm just trying to point out that the number doesn't mean that much in the grand scheme of things. Haven't seen you that active on Facebook either though.
Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by Justin O. »

Holy crap TLDR... I got about halfway through, but my god all of this drama makes me want one of these decks, I don't even care about the bike brand, or particularly like the design, what kind of collector does that make me?
You still have any for sale?
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

vasta41 wrote:
Boy oh boy was demand high on these! I ended up getting 2 bricks because 18 of these decks were already spoken for. That means I have 6 left- anyone else interested? PM me!

For those of you that PMed me already, your decks are set aside and I'll invoice you once I have them in-hand. I will have to look up the rates for international shipments but again, I will charge cost so the total will be $12 plus whatever the shipping comes to.
I'm afraid I have some bad news... long story short I won't be able to get any of these decks :cry: I am VERY sorry to have to report this and for getting up the hopes of so many here. I am still doing everything I can but it's not looking good. Again I apologize for the inconvenience but will keep you posted if there are new developments.
4.of.Clubs

Unread post by 4.of.Clubs »

vasta41 wrote:
vasta41 wrote:

I'm afraid I have some bad news... long story short I won't be able to get any of these decks :cry: I am VERY sorry to have to report this and for getting up the hopes of so many here. I am still doing everything I can but it's not looking good. Again I apologize for the inconvenience but will keep you posted if there are new developments.
Nah man, thanks for trying!
----------> Check out the decks I have for sale! <----------
----------> Also check out my Trade List and Wish List, maybe we can make a deal! <----------
jerichoholic

Oh what happened? Thanks for trying anyway.
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Crap I let other decks go cheap... Oh well thanks anyway Paul
Bikefanatic

Smh. So weak. That guy always running off at the mouth and always apologizing. Then people not getting cards yet, this thread just went all wrong.

-Lotrek

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Bikefanatic wrote:Smh. So weak. That guy always running off at the mouth and always apologizing. Then people not getting cards yet, this thread just went all wrong.
...hope you're not referring to me?