Bicycle Scarabs from Crooked Kings - shipping status ???

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
CBJ
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 2000

Re: Bicycle Scarabs from Crooked Kings - shipping status ???

Unread post by CBJ »

th4mo wrote:Hey Pierre and Rouselle,

A lot of people are still waiting on these decks! Any word yet on what the heck is going on? :?

Edit: Hey CBJ, you've worked with Crooked Kings in the past, but I'm not sure about your involvement on this particular deck. IMHO your rep is at least tangentially to tied to this campaign as well.
What's the story?

Hey th4mo,

I had no involvement in this campaign.
I've tried reaching out to Scott many times, but Facebook shows that he hasn't even read the messages.

Not sure what's going on.

Jay
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

th4mo wrote:Hey Pierre and Rousselle,

A lot of people are still waiting on these decks! Any word yet on what the heck is going on? :?

Edit: Hey CBJ, you've worked with Crooked Kings in the past, but I'm not sure about your involvement on this particular deck. IMHO your rep is at least tangentially to tied to this campaign as well.
What's the story?
While I never did hear back from anybody, I did end up receiving my decks on October 1st (according to the note I posted at the time on the "KS Watchdogs" thread, which is pinned as a top topic in this forum). I don't have any information beyond that, and I'm disappointed to hear that they still haven't completed fulfillment two-plus months after I finally received mine (which were, in turn, far later than when they had said they were first starting fulfillment.)

I just looked through the comments section on the project. Wow. Just... wow.

I'm surprised that Scott (or someone) hasn't posted some kind of an update, even just a "hey, folks, my accountant embezzled all of our money and set fire to our remaining decks, then framed me for the murder of a school bus full of nuns, and my trial date is set for next year, so fulfillment is stalled until the trial is over." They are earning a lot of Erik Mana-sized resentment. It's too bad; they have certainly contributed to the advancement of custom playing cards over the past couple years. I hope they are able to get back to it at some point and resume fulfilling this project.
This space intentionally left blank.
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

And this is why I've become very cautious about which creators I back. I have had a bad feeling about Scott for a while. He has been very good on fulfillment until this campaign but all it takes is one bad campaign to ruin you.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

rousselle wrote:"hey, folks, my accountant embezzled all of our money and set fire to our remaining decks, then framed me for the murder of a school bus full of nuns, and my trial date is set for next year, so fulfillment is stalled until the trial is over."
Thanks! I'm gonna be using that soon! (Just need to change some of the nouns and "folks" to "your honor".)

Maybe it's time for some 'Fulfillment Tips from Sinjin'!
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Darn. I had no idea that this had gotten so far out of hand. Scott used to be a regular and somebody here should know how to get in touch or at least see if Cindy (wife) at Coins for Anything has anything to add. I don't know him or her well enough to go at it myself

Odd, I had pledged for several previous projects, but I had a weird feeling about this one. Never the less, almost 1200 backers and over $50,000 funds are in the wind or at least it's impossible to determine what percentage of these got delivered. I am betting that you are in the distinct minority, Allan...
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
th4mo

Unread post by th4mo »

Alan and Jay,

Thanks for responding! :D I wasn't trying to "call you out", so I hope it didn't come across like that.
I was just hoping that people here who've had personal contact with Scott in the past could help shed some light... while also drawing some new attention to how far behind this project has fallen.
So disappointing that another creator has seemingly dropped off the face of the earth! :evil:
Keep it Sizzlin'!
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Looking at some of his other projects it seems he has also had fulfillment issues with at least Full Moon and 40 Years of Fear.

Glad I waited until after to get these decks.

As mentioned by Jay, he hasn't been active on FB but it seems his brother keeps tagging him in stuff so it looks more like he's just hiding than anything.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32