Kings Wild Black Diamond Tally Ho

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Justin O.
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Kings Wild Black Diamond Tally Ho

Unread post by Justin O. »

Lot of money for a dirt cheap metal...
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
double_left

Unread post by double_left »

Justin O. wrote:Lot of money for a dirt cheap metal...
I have to agree. It's nothing from the original concept being a slip case. I was hoping it would match the other legacy boxes but from what's been created now, it just looks like a slab of metal. At best an open metal display case in-which you won't be able to display the top "tally ho" engraving unless closed. Useless!

Glad I sought my refund. Would've been upset receiving that piece of junk. For the money and delay that us backers went through, just goes to show how JR is quickly starting to go down hill.
Justin O.

double_left wrote:
Justin O. wrote:Lot of money for a dirt cheap metal...
I have to agree. It's nothing from the original concept being a slip case. I was hoping it would match the other legacy boxes but from what's been created now, it just looks like a slab of metal. At best an open metal display case in-which you won't be able to display the top "tally ho" engraving unless closed. Useless!

Glad I sought my refund. Would've been upset receiving that piece of junk. For the money and delay that us backers went through, just goes to show how JR is quickly starting to go down hill.
Well that is milled but not finished, it won't look like that when it's done. I actually had to go back to the project page to be reminded that it was advertised as Aluminium, in my mind it was originally supposed to be a premium metal, so I guess my above criticism, while I think it still holds, is less significant because people are still getting the materials they were expecting, if not the design
chach
Player: Yes
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

It won't look much different than that though. He's not going to tumble, burnish or even polish them to a high gloss. From the update all that he's got left is some laser engraving, which will probably be the Tally Ho name, serial number and probably the KWP gas mask king I'm guessing.

As with most of JR's stuff of late, "You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. "

What gets me though, is why didn't he just get a shop to tig weld the original slipcase design? Hell in the time it's taken he could've added tig welding to his skills and done it himself.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
Justin O.

chach wrote:It won't look much different than that though. He's not going to tumble, burnish or even polish them to a high gloss. From the update all that he's got left is some laser engraving, which will probably be the Tally Ho name, serial number and probably the KWP gas mask king I'm guessing.

As with most of JR's stuff of late, "You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. "

What gets me though, is why didn't he just get a shop to tig weld the original slipcase design? Hell in the time it's taken he could've added tig welding to his skills and done it himself.
He probably wont, but the production shop he is having them done by likely will, I don't know a lot of metal fabricators (and I know a few) that would pass that off as a completed product, that looks like a design rough he probably had made to check fit and as a proof of concept
chach

Unread post by chach »

My bad, re-reading the update, " I have some final finishing work to do on my end, (giving them a brushed finished and laser engraving the edition number and Tally Ho logos". So they'll have a matte brushed finish, which shouldn't take more than a few minutes each
ccralleo

Unread post by ccralleo »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I never seen a video of any of the Tally-Ho legacy decks but the renderings makes them look huge, similar to a BEATS headphones box when they really aren't that big.

The type font on the tactical cases look better than the one on Kickstarter. I've seen the update of them being send out plus a few being sold on Kings Wild site. I forgot about it during the weekend so how much were they?

Many of you mentioned that it is overpriced for what the case it made out of. So for those who received it, what's the extra goodies Jackson mailed along with the cases?
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

A thank you note written on the Washington Crossing postcard, a signed Silver Arrow deck, 3 flat tuck cases (2 scarlett, 1 sherlock holmes) and 2 Fed52 stickers.
Bikefanatic

hikeeba wrote:A thank you note written on the Washington Crossing postcard, a signed Silver Arrow deck, 3 flat tuck cases (2 scarlett, 1 sherlock holmes) and 2 Fed52 stickers.

At least you got something instead of nothing. What can you do with 3 flat tuck cases? Throwing in a sign unbranded Federal 52 Reserved deck would've been the best thing for waiting.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

ccralleo

Kings Wild Black Diamond Tally Ho

Unread post by ccralleo »

Totally worth the wait! They feel heavy, which I love and look amazing!Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chach

Unread post by chach »

Glad you like 'em. Does the seal go across and not allow you to open it?
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

chach wrote:Glad you like 'em. Does the seal go across and not allow you to open it?
Naturally.
JacksandJokers
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by JacksandJokers »

Anyone know why JR's Black Diamond Tally Hos are of interest at the moment?

I've had some listed on Ebay ever since I received them with barely any interest. Now all of a sudden within the last 2 days I have 6 watchers on them.

Just find this very peculiar.
Bikefanatic

misterharmanko wrote:Anyone know why JR's Black Diamond Tally Hos are of interest at the moment?

I've had some listed on Ebay ever since I received them with barely any interest. Now all of a sudden within the last 2 days I have 6 watchers on them.

Just find this very peculiar.

Most people don't give decks time to grow value. When they first get them, everybody wants to sell them at the same time. Some fools mess it up for the whole market by pricing them lower than they should. So over time when people sell their decks, it becomes rare then you can boost the rate.

-Lotrek