Kings Wild Black Diamond Tally Ho

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

Re: Kings Wild Black Diamond Tally Ho

Unread post by rousselle »

I'm sure that in many cases (see what I did there?), this may be true, but I've never, ever been disappointed in choosing to select a Jackson Robinson coin, when one has been available, nor coins from other established project creators like Randy Butterfield, Steve Minty, and many others. Yes, I know that some accessories have complicated some projects, but this is part of the deal with backing artists; sometimes their vision doesn't come to fruition as originally anticipated.

So, pick your risks and let 'em ride. :)
This space intentionally left blank.
ccralleo

Unread post by ccralleo »

I can assure you all, that these tactical cases will be better than expected... That's all I can say![emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

I had a long ol' response to this all typed out, but figured I'd delete it and just say I'm disappointed in JR again. That the legacy buyers, the ones that plunked down the most money are getting their crap changed on them without any prior notice? That's just horseshit. And come on, the supplier for the tactical edition "suddenly backed out"? This project ended in what, December? Why weren't the aluminum cases already in production at that time or close to it? Just screams poor supervision.

Anyways, it bears repeating I guess, "Personally I've learned to wait and see what we actually get before believing anything written by Jackson."
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

ccralleo wrote:I can assure you all, that these tactical cases will be better than expected... That's all I can say!
ccralleo, how can you be so sure and state the above comment considering it's not coming from the mouth of JR himself?

Like I said in my previous post, how can we (the tactical purchasers) be guaranteed the same quality & design that we were expecting when we pledged $400+ on November 30th??

How are you able to state they going to be better then expected considering there not being produced from the same manufacturer. For all we know (until Jackson can clarify) they can show up in a cheap flimsy tin box, hand engraved with "Tally-Ho" on it and we just accept it for what it is.

What, if any, information do you have that we don't?
chach wrote:I'm disappointed in JR again.
+1 on that statement!
chach wrote:And come on, the supplier for the tactical edition "suddenly backed out"? This project ended in what, December? Why weren't the aluminum cases already in production at that time or close to it? Just screams poor supervision.
That exactly how I feel. Why now send an update stating, "The manufacturer we had hired to produce them suddenly decided to back out and we have spent the last few weeks trying to locate a new manufacturer." The last few weeks? :shock:

So I get the following from that statement:
1) JR decided to NOT inform any of us the day they backed out.
2) JR still hasn't found a supplier. (weeks later)
3) It's up in the air right now.
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

I think JR is trying to do too many projects at the same time. Now I worry about the Legal Currency decks since we've seen very few of his designs and no number cards. I do remember seeing something like "final product may look different" type of language to protect himself if radical or subtle changes are made without updating us.
Move on, nothing to see here.
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

Looks like Pierre decided to part with his demonic possessions....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/302060342080" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I doubt that anyone (other than Jackson who probably has all the #1s) will ever have another matching set.

Jay
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Thanks jay now I will be making the crack list
chach

Unread post by chach »

CBJ wrote:Looks like Pierre decided to part with his demonic possessions....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/302060342080" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I doubt that anyone (other than Jackson who probably has all the #1s) will ever have another matching set.

Jay
Nah, when you got the legacy's JR asks if you've bought em before and what serial number you received so he can try and match you up. I have the same serial numbers for the first two but wasn't lucky enough to get this edition's.

Pierre, I don't ink you'd make the crack list, looks like a fair price for 3 legacies to me. Tempts me to unload my remaining ones, along with the Texas one.
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

RichK wrote:I think JR is trying to do too many projects at the same time.
That's the main problem.
Right now he has Texas (still finalizing the legagy), Balck Diamond (searching for a manufacter for the Tactical), Crazy 8's (...) and Legal Tender (a lot of work still to be done, we pledged for that based on a couple or courts and some ideas)...
The only project that went smooth and even came out surpassing my best expectations was the Federal series because he dedicated his full time on that, now trying to do all those projects just decreased the level of trust that I had in him.
So if JR even reads this, a word of advice, please do just one project at the time, because as you must already understand is the best you can handle.
badpete69

Yes I do have the Texas legacy on the way but I saw this as a Tally Ho set more than a legacy set. I did not get the Legal Tender legacy so if this sells I will have only the Texas one

But if anyone is remotely interested let's talk privately who knows maybe it can be 4 legacy decks . And i keep all my sales private so use PM if you have any questions
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

If the Tactical cases were sent out and looked a mess, then he explained manufacturers backed out, it'll really piss those other 7-9 people off. So it's good now they're not released until done right.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
ccralleo

I sent Jackson an email asking if he had lined up someone to do the tactical cases... I did some research on my own because I'm already working with a few different CNC outfits my self for some projects I hope to have on KS soon. I asked the folks if they could make something like the tactical case pics, on KS, out of bullet aluminum... ALL of them said that in that configuration it wasn't possible to do it with their equipment. I was first asked for a CAD file and then told that I should contact a company that uses 3D metal printing.

I will not speak on Jackson's behalf but he did indicate he has found a company and he attached a concept sketch that I thought looked better than the original. Beauty, however, is in the eye of the beholder. I will NOT post it because it's not mine to post and he may change it before he goes through with it.

In his most recent update he did say he would be in touch with those that are affected. That he will send updates and design changes and if anyone wanted to back out and get a full refund he would honor that. These are NOT cheap on his end. I'm sure the profit margin dropped significantly when UGT backed out. I know my expenses were quite high when ordering plastic case prototypes, never mind a special type of aluminum. If you continue to be patient you will get what you paid for. If not you will have your money back.

He's only making 10 (of which I have 2) I don't mind waiting. And I'm confident they are gonna be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
badpete69

Relisted lower and make your offers who knows I am in a good mood these days

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302067771007
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Re: Kings Wild Black Diamond Tally Ho (wap)

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Good mood, not at those prices. If you are legit interested in selling that why not an auction instead of outrageous prices?
double_left

Unread post by double_left »

I don't think asking $300/legacy is an outrageous price tag. His initial $1200 was a bit ridiculous but I'm sure if he would auction the three off as a set he'd get nowhere near the $900 he's asking.

Again that's the point of having both options on eBay. If you just want to get rid of it, auction them off, but if your seeking a particular price, then list it for whatever price you want. I don't think badpete69 is in any hurry to get rid of them. Me personally, I'd keep them in my collection for years to come.
badpete69

Victor has been criticizing my auctions for years now but everything I have listed basically sells.. If I listen to him I would have to create a new button called "Give it away now"....And yes I'm in no hurry Just testing the waters
Bikefanatic

badpete69 wrote:Victor has been criticizing my auctions for years now but everything I have listed basically sells.. If I listen to him I would have to create a new button called "Give it away now"....And yes I'm in no hurry Just testing the waters
Would you sell the Legacies separate? Someone may just want 1 or 2 of the sets. As you said you're testing the waters so you may already thought of that. Wanting at least $300 for each, selling them separately could have it above that price.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

Gareth

Unread post by Gareth »

Bikefanatic wrote:Would you sell the Legacies separate? Someone may just want 1 or 2 of the sets. As you said you're testing the waters so you may already thought of that. Wanting at least $300 for each, selling them separately could have it above that price.
The uniqueness here is the set of like numbered decks. (I'm not sue how many are out there - as, for example I also got all three decks, but for some reason received different numbered decks). It would seem a pity to break them up.

Of course, it's Pierre's choice at the end of the day, so it depends on how much he wishes to sell. (Just noticed the listing had been ended - perhaps sold?)
ccralleo

Kings Wild Black Diamond Tally Ho

I have all the 48's Scarlett, Emerald, Black Diamond, and Texas (on the way) and a whole Sherlock Holmes set #0012 on all. I would probably never break them up if I were to sell em'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ccralleo

I wish I could swap because I have a tactical coming... And there are only 10 of those... 6's across the board would be pretty cool... Or evil... I'm not sure "which" :-P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Re: Kings Wild Black Diamond Tally Ho (wap)

Unread post by Cbkimble »

Looks like he printed some uncuts, 25 total. I'd love to get one but $75 is ridiculous.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Latest update: We've gone from "Collaborating with an arms manufacturer and designer Underground Tactical of Austin, TX to create and machine the weapons grade billet aluminum card case."
to "I'm trying to create a really great wooden case that incorporates a more elaborate seal than the regular Legacy decks....This new case will be made of the same black Wenge wood as the Legacy editions and it will be more of a cabinet display style case."
I'm hoping it's at least weapons grade black Wenge wood.....
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

A pattern developes ....
Steve Minty the Champ has also struggled with his Signature A & O case construction ....
Anything built rigid to surround your deck is neither simple nor economical.
Others ?
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
double_left

Unread post by double_left »

hikeeba wrote:Latest update: We've gone from "Collaborating with an arms manufacturer and designer Underground Tactical of Austin, TX to create and machine the weapons grade billet aluminum card case."
to "I'm trying to create a really great wooden case that incorporates a more elaborate seal than the regular Legacy decks....This new case will be made of the same black Wenge wood as the Legacy editions and it will be more of a cabinet display style case."
I'm hoping it's at least weapons grade black Wenge wood.....

Not Impressed with this update at ALL. Went from Aluminum to wood!?!? :evil:
chach

Unread post by chach »

Wow, that's just... wow. There's just no way to make good on that.
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

Just glad I dropped my double tactical pledge at the last moment...
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

These problems are avoidable if research is done before making a product available. No excuses imo, not that it concerns me, but I would have thought Jackson wouldn't sell something that he may be unable to produce.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
Bikefanatic

Hmm the wood can't be bullet proof so I think someone may change their mind. I wonder if the new design is just for those 8-10 people and later on for future decks he'll make something similar.

-Lotrek

hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Nothing since the last update of Feb 10. Guessing he hasn't taken any more "steps forward" since he hasn't updated since.
Maybe all his other projects are "incredible" "even better" and "awesome" but this one still ain't.

Feb 10 update:
"Hello everyone. I just wanted to give you a quick update concerning the Tactical Legacy case. While it has been a long road for production on these I think we are getting very close to having something incredible. I am making a trip sometime next week to visit and work hands on with an incredible machinist to fabricate what I think is will be an even better final product than I originally concepted. We instead of aluminum we will be fabricating a tactical case out of stainless steel. I hope that it turns out like some of the initial prep work we have done hints at.

Thank you to you small list of backers who have been patient with me on these tactical Legacy case. They are going to be awesome! I will update you guys as soon as I get we take steps forward with the development.

Jackson"
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

"Weapons grade" wenge wood? WTH is that? *smh*
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.