Silver Arrow Black - KWP

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Bikefanatic
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 333

Re: Silver Arrow Black - KWP

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Wth? I ordered on Black Friday from AOP and this deck from KW. Still no decks yet!
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

vasta41 wrote:Don't you guys see? This all goes back to Jackson. CARC hasn't shipped the decks yet because Jackson hasn't given them to CARC yet. Unless it's a big coincidence that no one has received any of the 3 versions of Silver Arrows yet, I blame Jackson. And I'm only looking for an update. Jackson's track record is going down hill fast.
This was on the KW site when you pre-ordered the Silver Arrows deck:

"This purchase will be a pre-order, and the decks will be ready for shipment in early December. All orders containing the Silver Arrows or the Legacy Editon will be held until the decks are ready to ship. This includes all other items that may be included with your order. The Pre-Order period and price will continue until we receive the decks in a few weeks."

The pre-order price is still there so Jackson obviously doesn't have any decks from LPCC. (The KW site is a disaster in my opinion.) Why hype something when it's not even at least on a boat from LPCC?

And the CARC coupon was joke too.
Move on, nothing to see here.
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

RichK wrote: The pre-order price is still there so Jackson obviously doesn't have any decks from LPCC. (The KW site is a disaster in my opinion.) Why hype something when it's not even at least on a boat from LPCC?
These were printed by EPCC, not Legends; thus the affiliation with the CARC store. But I hear what you're saying.
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

I'm in the same, still waiting for AoP, KW, TBC, and CARC to ship my orders! TBC has sent out a coupon which is useless to me, as for CARC, I didn't get any coupon. I tried contacting CARC again but no response as of yet from them. I think it's fairly inexcusable. They've known for months that Black Friday was coming up and that they would be releasing something so why didn't they get things going a lot earlier production wise?

On top of that still waiting for stuff from Legends and DB though both are on the way. Only Legends was on the ball with BF this year, them and T11 though they did their release a couple days before BF.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Just got shipping confirmation from KWP!

EDIT: If I missed the part about these being a pre-order then I'm an idiot and apologize for false accusations. This "wait" time wasn't bad and if I bothered to read I wouldn't have been upset at all. And I'll still have these beauts before Christmas :ugdance:
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

You should definitely ship to backers before shipping to anyone else.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

vasta41 wrote:Just got shipping confirmation from KWP!
Just got mine too!
Move on, nothing to see here.
ccralleo

Unread post by ccralleo »

@rousselle: oops ur right... my silver arrows are in the mail! Should have pics. by the end of the week! Pretty stoked these came so quick... in comparison to any Kickstarter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PrincessTrouble

Got my decks today, all three variations. The foil one is my favorite. Love the KW courts. (And the foil, duh! LOL)
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I got my Black Silver Arrows as well. They are exquisite, and for the degree of foiling from EPCC, they handle pretty well. It was refreshing to get these relatively quickly after the pre-order, as opposed to waiting several months after a KS campaign. We have another serious contender for Deck of the Year with these.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

I just received my order from CARC of the "Superior Brand" versions of these decks. I ordered a bunch of the Silver Arrow Poker backs because I suspected they would make a great look when they fanned, and also picked up a few of the Silver Arrow (regular? I guess) backs. Opened up one of each immediately.

First thoughts: these fan *amazingly* right out of the box. I'm not particularly good at fanning, but these created absolutely perfect fans immediately out of the box. I took pictures; I'll post later.

The Silver Arrow Poker Backs do, indeed, look stunning in a fan. Love 'em. Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em.

And the Silver Arrow Backs actually do have a very pleasant look to them with the metallic silver ink. I like these more than I expected to, so that's a bonus.

And, on a humorous note, the Ace of Spades in *both* decks says "Silver Arrow Poker Back". Even the one that should just say "Silver Arrow Back." It's not a huge mistake (unlike the LPCC deck with "Longtitude" on it's Ace of Spades, which makes me cringe every time I see it. Not a JR deck, but it's a far worse typo than many I've seen), but it does seem to fit a pattern with JR's projects. (And, if this is *the* mistake for this series, I'll totally take it.)

Anyway, these are pretty awesome.

I can't wait for the KWP version of the deck, which should be arriving here soon. Really looking forward to seeing these with the foil backs and Jackson's court cards instead of the standard (and awful) courts that EPCC favors.

Cheers!
This space intentionally left blank.
ccralleo

Yayyy!!!! Look what came today!!

Talisman
Decks Owned: 166

Unread post by Talisman »

I received my decks too from KWP and CARC. I'm happy.
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

Got my order in from Kings Wild, quite snazzy
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
Bikefanatic

The tuck of the foiled backs is blah but the backs are wonderful. The first thing I did too was fan it. It'll be nice to see these in a light blue color.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

ccralleo

I love the tuck... subtle and elegant

rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

My KWP edition of the Silver Arrow cards ("Silver Arrow Black") arrived today.

So... yeah, I very much like the tuck. I realize that the black foil doesn't quite evoke the card backs' silver foil, but it makes for an altogether elegant experience. I like the feel and the simmery appearance of the tuck paper. The cards themselves, like the CARC editions, fan perfectly, and the backs are straight up gorgeous, both on their own and also fanned. The courts kick it up a notch from their CARC cousins by using the JR "standard" courts with a subtle, effective color palette.

As time goes on, I also notice that I'm becoming much more picky when it comes to the little details (thanks to friends like Sprouts and Magikfingerz, among others), and this deck totally nails the little details. The fact that one joker has a hint of red where the other one doesn't, the very thin borders, and the font choice all combine to make this simply a brilliant deck.

I agree with sinjin7 that Silver Arrow Black makes my short list as a serious contender for Deck of the Year.
This space intentionally left blank.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

rousselle wrote:My KWP edition of the Silver Arrow cards ("Silver Arrow Black") arrived today.

So... yeah, I very much like the tuck. I realize that the black foil doesn't quite evoke the card backs' silver foil, but it makes for an altogether elegant experience. I like the feel and the simmery appearance of the tuck paper. The cards themselves, like the CARC editions, fan perfectly, and the backs are straight up gorgeous, both on their own and also fanned. The courts kick it up a notch from their CARC cousins by using the JR "standard" courts with a subtle, effective color palette.

As time goes on, I also notice that I'm becoming much more picky when it comes to the little details (thanks to friends like Sprouts and Magikfingerz, among others), and this deck totally nails the little details. The fact that one joker has a hint of red where the other one doesn't, the very thin borders, and the font choice all combine to make this simply a brilliant deck.

I agree with sinjin7 that Silver Arrow Black makes my short list as a serious contender for Deck of the Year.
+1 on everything except the DOTY. It's a lovely deck but not quite there for me.
Stepchild
Decks Owned: 146

Unread post by Stepchild »

Came home from holiday vacation to find the package from KWP waiting for me.

These are beauties indeed, but I must admit to being pretty disappointed to find the seals on the Legacy edition already broken in transit...
shaitani
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Unread post by shaitani »

Stepchild wrote:Came home from holiday vacation to find the package from KWP waiting for me.

These are beauties indeed, but I must admit to being pretty disappointed to find the seals on the Legacy edition already broken in transit...
That is the exact reason I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger at the last second when I had to opportunity to buy it. That seal is WAAAY too thin for a $150+ limited.
Ursula Beutelhuber

Unread post by Ursula Beutelhuber »

I have to say, I'm a bit dissappointed with those.
The card stock itself feels a bit on the flimsy side and you can see the contours from the stamping on the front. I think a thicker card stock would have been a better fit.
also, the backprint's print/stamping is quite irregular (see attached pic).
nevertheless, I like the courts :)
Attachments
IMG_20170113_155000.jpg
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

All that is to be expected with any and all non-USPCC foiling. I wish JR still used USPCC but alas...
Bikefanatic

I done a Metalluxe vs Foil with this deck and the Black Diamond Tally Ho deck. Both look wonderful but Metalluxe looks better. To me of the two types of backs, either one is fine.

-Lotrek

PrincessTrouble

As much as I bag on USPCC for their registration issues, I admit that MetalLuxe looks better. They do a nice job of that.
nur1988

Re: Silver Arrow Black - KWP (wap)

Unread post by nur1988 »

So I received my decks today. The cards itself are wonderful, the design is JR quality - very beautiful. However, I purchased the legacy deck and I now have an issue. The deck itself is not the issue, the legacy box they sent me had the seal torn at the top and had hair and dirt on the sticker. This may have been avoided if it was wrapped? I did email them today so I'm waiting on a response.
nur1988

Unread post by nur1988 »

nur1988 wrote:So I received my decks today. The cards itself are wonderful, the design is JR quality - very beautiful. However, I purchased the legacy deck and I now have an issue. The deck itself is not the issue, the legacy box they sent me had the seal torn at the top and had hair and dirt on the sticker. This may have been avoided if it was wrapped? I did email them today so I'm waiting on a response.
Received a very quick response from KWP, they'll be sending me out a replacement sticker seal. Very happy with the compromise.
Bikefanatic

nur1988 wrote:
nur1988 wrote:So I received my decks today. The cards itself are wonderful, the design is JR quality - very beautiful. However, I purchased the legacy deck and I now have an issue. The deck itself is not the issue, the legacy box they sent me had the seal torn at the top and had hair and dirt on the sticker. This may have been avoided if it was wrapped? I did email them today so I'm waiting on a response.
Received a very quick response from KWP, they'll be sending me out a replacement sticker seal. Very happy with the compromise.
I wonder if the contact address from KW's website address Kickstarter project problems.

-Lotrek

PrincessTrouble

Bikefanatic wrote:
I wonder if the contact address from KW's website address Kickstarter project problems.
I bet it does. I wonder if Marcus is still working on the KS customer service side of the KW house.
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

PrincessTrouble wrote:
Bikefanatic wrote:
I bet it does. I wonder if Marcus is still working on the KS customer service side of the KW house.
No.. Marcus is not with KWP anymore.
PrincessTrouble

sms69x wrote:
PrincessTrouble wrote:
Bikefanatic wrote:
No.. Marcus is not with KWP anymore.
Bummer. He seemed responsive and conscientious, which is what Jackson needs IMO.