Silver Arrow Black - KWP

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.

Re: Silver Arrow Black - KWP

Unread postby Bikefanatic » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:18 am  

Wth? I ordered on Black Friday from AOP and this deck from KW. Still no decks yet!
Bikefanatic
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Unread postby RichK » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:49 pm  

vasta41 wrote:Don't you guys see? This all goes back to Jackson. CARC hasn't shipped the decks yet because Jackson hasn't given them to CARC yet. Unless it's a big coincidence that no one has received any of the 3 versions of Silver Arrows yet, I blame Jackson. And I'm only looking for an update. Jackson's track record is going down hill fast.

This was on the KW site when you pre-ordered the Silver Arrows deck:

"This purchase will be a pre-order, and the decks will be ready for shipment in early December. All orders containing the Silver Arrows or the Legacy Editon will be held until the decks are ready to ship. This includes all other items that may be included with your order. The Pre-Order period and price will continue until we receive the decks in a few weeks."

The pre-order price is still there so Jackson obviously doesn't have any decks from LPCC. (The KW site is a disaster in my opinion.) Why hype something when it's not even at least on a boat from LPCC?

And the CARC coupon was joke too.
RichK
Veteran
Veteran

Unread postby PrincessTrouble » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:59 pm  

RichK wrote:The pre-order price is still there so Jackson obviously doesn't have any decks from LPCC. (The KW site is a disaster in my opinion.) Why hype something when it's not even at least on a boat from LPCC?

These were printed by EPCC, not Legends; thus the affiliation with the CARC store. But I hear what you're saying.
PrincessTrouble
Master
Master

Unread postby jerichoholic » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:50 pm  

I'm in the same, still waiting for AoP, KW, TBC, and CARC to ship my orders! TBC has sent out a coupon which is useless to me, as for CARC, I didn't get any coupon. I tried contacting CARC again but no response as of yet from them. I think it's fairly inexcusable. They've known for months that Black Friday was coming up and that they would be releasing something so why didn't they get things going a lot earlier production wise?

On top of that still waiting for stuff from Legends and DB though both are on the way. Only Legends was on the ball with BF this year, them and T11 though they did their release a couple days before BF.
jerichoholic
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Unread postby vasta41 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:01 pm  

Just got shipping confirmation from KWP!

EDIT: If I missed the part about these being a pre-order then I'm an idiot and apologize for false accusations. This "wait" time wasn't bad and if I bothered to read I wouldn't have been upset at all. And I'll still have these beauts before Christmas :ugdance:
*FOR SALE* Many decks in my collection: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8109#p96826.
vasta41
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Unread postby jerichoholic » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:09 pm  

You should definitely ship to backers before shipping to anyone else.
jerichoholic
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Unread postby RichK » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:32 pm  

vasta41 wrote:Just got shipping confirmation from KWP!

Just got mine too!
RichK
Veteran
Veteran

Unread postby ccralleo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:46 am  

@rousselle: oops ur right... my silver arrows are in the mail! Should have pics. by the end of the week! Pretty stoked these came so quick... in comparison to any Kickstarter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ccralleo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Unread postby PrincessTrouble » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:33 pm  

Got my decks today, all three variations. The foil one is my favorite. Love the KW courts. (And the foil, duh! LOL)
PrincessTrouble
Master
Master

Unread postby sinjin7 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:40 pm  

I got my Black Silver Arrows as well. They are exquisite, and for the degree of foiling from EPCC, they handle pretty well. It was refreshing to get these relatively quickly after the pre-order, as opposed to waiting several months after a KS campaign. We have another serious contender for Deck of the Year with these.
sinjin7
Master
Master

Unread postby rousselle » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:23 pm  

I just received my order from CARC of the "Superior Brand" versions of these decks. I ordered a bunch of the Silver Arrow Poker backs because I suspected they would make a great look when they fanned, and also picked up a few of the Silver Arrow (regular? I guess) backs. Opened up one of each immediately.

First thoughts: these fan *amazingly* right out of the box. I'm not particularly good at fanning, but these created absolutely perfect fans immediately out of the box. I took pictures; I'll post later.

The Silver Arrow Poker Backs do, indeed, look stunning in a fan. Love 'em. Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em.

And the Silver Arrow Backs actually do have a very pleasant look to them with the metallic silver ink. I like these more than I expected to, so that's a bonus.

And, on a humorous note, the Ace of Spades in *both* decks says "Silver Arrow Poker Back". Even the one that should just say "Silver Arrow Back." It's not a huge mistake (unlike the LPCC deck with "Longtitude" on it's Ace of Spades, which makes me cringe every time I see it. Not a JR deck, but it's a far worse typo than many I've seen), but it does seem to fit a pattern with JR's projects. (And, if this is *the* mistake for this series, I'll totally take it.)

Anyway, these are pretty awesome.

I can't wait for the KWP version of the deck, which should be arriving here soon. Really looking forward to seeing these with the foil backs and Jackson's court cards instead of the standard (and awful) courts that EPCC favors.

Cheers!
This space intentionally left blank.
rousselle
Master
Master

Unread postby ccralleo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:51 pm  

Yayyy!!!! Look what came today!!

ccralleo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Unread postby Talisman » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:59 pm  

I received my decks too from KWP and CARC. I'm happy.
Talisman
Sentinel
Sentinel

Unread postby chach » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:26 pm  

Got my order in from Kings Wild, quite snazzy
------------------------------------------------
aka, "El Guapo"
http://www.fotki.com/chach

WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
chach
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Unread postby Bikefanatic » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:29 am  

The tuck of the foiled backs is blah but the backs are wonderful. The first thing I did too was fan it. It'll be nice to see these in a light blue color.
Bikefanatic
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Unread postby ccralleo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:43 am  

I love the tuck... subtle and elegant

ccralleo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Unread postby rousselle » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:10 am  

My KWP edition of the Silver Arrow cards ("Silver Arrow Black") arrived today.

So... yeah, I very much like the tuck. I realize that the black foil doesn't quite evoke the card backs' silver foil, but it makes for an altogether elegant experience. I like the feel and the simmery appearance of the tuck paper. The cards themselves, like the CARC editions, fan perfectly, and the backs are straight up gorgeous, both on their own and also fanned. The courts kick it up a notch from their CARC cousins by using the JR "standard" courts with a subtle, effective color palette.

As time goes on, I also notice that I'm becoming much more picky when it comes to the little details (thanks to friends like Sprouts and Magikfingerz, among others), and this deck totally nails the little details. The fact that one joker has a hint of red where the other one doesn't, the very thin borders, and the font choice all combine to make this simply a brilliant deck.

I agree with sinjin7 that Silver Arrow Black makes my short list as a serious contender for Deck of the Year.
This space intentionally left blank.
rousselle
Master
Master

Unread postby vasta41 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:04 am  

rousselle wrote:My KWP edition of the Silver Arrow cards ("Silver Arrow Black") arrived today.

So... yeah, I very much like the tuck. I realize that the black foil doesn't quite evoke the card backs' silver foil, but it makes for an altogether elegant experience. I like the feel and the simmery appearance of the tuck paper. The cards themselves, like the CARC editions, fan perfectly, and the backs are straight up gorgeous, both on their own and also fanned. The courts kick it up a notch from their CARC cousins by using the JR "standard" courts with a subtle, effective color palette.

As time goes on, I also notice that I'm becoming much more picky when it comes to the little details (thanks to friends like Sprouts and Magikfingerz, among others), and this deck totally nails the little details. The fact that one joker has a hint of red where the other one doesn't, the very thin borders, and the font choice all combine to make this simply a brilliant deck.

I agree with sinjin7 that Silver Arrow Black makes my short list as a serious contender for Deck of the Year.

+1 on everything except the DOTY. It's a lovely deck but not quite there for me.
*FOR SALE* Many decks in my collection: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8109#p96826.
vasta41
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Unread postby Stepchild » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:04 pm  

Came home from holiday vacation to find the package from KWP waiting for me.

These are beauties indeed, but I must admit to being pretty disappointed to find the seals on the Legacy edition already broken in transit...
Stepchild
Journeyman
Journeyman

Unread postby shaitani » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:57 pm  

Stepchild wrote:Came home from holiday vacation to find the package from KWP waiting for me.

These are beauties indeed, but I must admit to being pretty disappointed to find the seals on the Legacy edition already broken in transit...

That is the exact reason I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger at the last second when I had to opportunity to buy it. That seal is WAAAY too thin for a $150+ limited.
shaitani
Journeyman
Journeyman

PreviousNext

Return to New & Custom Decks